Potential New 6 Classification Plan for 1A & 2A for 2015

riverrat

Guest hevyrevy1611

Trying to see a silver lining in this fiasco... one might be that there are no first round byes in playoffs, just go right to it... from what I read & hear most coaches don't like first round byes. It's been decided though, we can't change it now, so guess everyone has to hunker down and deal with the hand dealt to them. :-/

I think the cutoff for 1A right now is somewhere around 405. We are sitting at about 410 and are looking like we will be  2A.

No way to tell where the cutoff will be until everyone turns in their enrollment, my guess is around 400 ,give or take a few. 410 is flirting with disaster.

Class 1A: 66 (to 450)

Class 2A: 67 (to 700)

Class 3A: 69 (to 1100)

Class 4A: 57 (to 1500)

Class 5A: 45 (1500+)

Another plan that won't go through ever probably, have set limits in each class, not an equal divide. The three smallest wouldn't always be that close, that's just how it came out with the previously used enrollments. The largest class would still have less but it would be better than the 32 teams with all in, and teams could move up if they wanted.

sometimes I think the travel thing is a bit over rated...most teams only need one bus for their team and it cant cost that much to fuel one bus...of course another factor is the gate tends to be better when the schools are

closer together and the rivalry factor is there

I think it has more to do with the mental part iof those long trips, seems to make for slow starts and too, lots of parents and fans have trouble taking off work early to make long trips. Edited by wildcat89

I'll remember you said that when you are on your way to Alcoa in the first round of the playoffs.lol

From last I heard it looks like our numbers will be just high enough to go to AA. pujo your gonna have to introduce me to our new region members. I don't know anyone from HV or SN.

Well I'm a SN alum but am usually hanging about the 3A/4A and 5A/6A board. Following Sullivan South mostly now but keep up with SN pretty close. I like this new setup because it groups the 1A through 5A schools more closely in population.