Potential New 6 Classification Plan for 1A & 2A for 2015

riverrat

I was told Alcoa is building on to their school and will be able to house 300 more students. Completion of add on should be this school year so 2015 & 2016 would be the only time they could fall into 2A. If I am not mistaken the cut off is 600 from what I am understanding. Alcoa is around 550 last year so with add on they would be well over it. Also with Tyner being at 632 that should keep them in 3A.

I agree with the comments regarding Alcoa. None of those teams would play them within 35 points. They would not be challenged at all. They would be similar to Mitchell in basketball. Mitchell was a dominant force in 3A and 2A and when they moved down they sailed through 1A as I predicted. The only game they had all year in 2A was Goodpasture. Mitchell will most likely go unchallenged again this year and win it all. Why wouldn't Alcoa want to be challenged? If not, we will all be playing for the Silver ball just like basketball!

I agree with the comments regarding Alcoa. None of those teams would play them within 35 points. They would not be challenged at all. They would be similar to Mitchell in basketball. Mitchell was a dominant force in 3A and 2A and when they moved down they sailed through 1A as I predicted. The only game they had all year in 2A was Goodpasture. Mitchell will most likely go unchallenged again this year and win it all. Why wouldn't Alcoa want to be challenged? If not, we will all be playing for the Silver ball just like basketball!

Mitchell didn't seem to mind the lack of comp in the least.

I'll go on record saying Alcoa is going to succeed in whatever division they decide to play in under the new alignment.  I don't think they are losing much sleep over it.  If they move up, they will run into a few more teams that will give them a game or two.....if they stay put, someone will play with them from time to time.  Who that is?  Couldn't say, but someone might test them on a given Friday Night.  They are always going to be the favorite......cause when they lose, everyone knows about it.  It just doesn't occur much in ANY DIVISION they are in.

Kaz

No way in h e double hockey sticks this would happen...right???

Region 5

Jo Byrns

Moore Co

Fayetteville

Huntland

Richland

McEwen

These road trips would be rediculous. Entertain yourselves and google map Jo Byrns to Fayetteville, Huntland , Moore Co, or Richland.

I couldn't believe it either shep. I mean those teams aren't even close. Those are teams we used to play in our region. Richland still is, as of right now. Y'all got more the just the shaft....

I couldn't believe it either shep. I mean those teams aren't even close. Those are teams we used to play in our region. Richland still is, as of right now. Y'all got more the just the shaft....

Those trips to Moore County and Richland used to be torture from Wayne County. The absolute worst was the drive to Jo Byrns..

In my opinion there should not be more than 350 to 360 student difference in any class. The small 1-A schools are getting the shaft in this system. Take schools such as Gleason, Greenfield and etc with less than 200 students and they have to play with schools with 450 students. Something is not right about that. It should not be about having an equal number of teams in each class. It should be that a particular class has similar enrollments. What is fair about 32 schools automatically making the playoff's? They do not even have to win a game in 6-A and get to make the playoff's. That's a joke. The true traditional 1-A schools are getting the shaft in all this. There are currently some 1-A schools that have 2-A enrollments but are playing 1-A . Forget the equal number of teams in a class and have schools with similar enrollments in  classes together. In 1-A the biggest school should have no more than 350 to 360 students but the TSSAA is about the money and not about what is right. Nothing says that 32 teams must qualify for the playoff's. You don't have to take that many in the lower classes. In the current system only 24 teams make the playoff's in 1 and 2-A. Like I said it's all about the money.

Edited by lakecounty1968

If Class A only went to about 350, with districts from just those schools, the travel would be just too much. It's only about 40 schools.

Class 1A and 2A playoffs had less teams because the mistake was made to have matching basketball and football districts-even though some schools don't have football especially at the lowest level. That left Class A regular season with fewer football schools so one positive in the new system, that's taken care of.

In my opinion there should not be more than 350 to 360 student difference in any class. The small 1-A schools are getting the shaft in this system. Take schools such as Gleason, Greenfield and etc with less than 200 students and they have to play with schools with 450 students. Something is not right about that. It should not be about having an equal number of teams in each class. It should be that a particular class has similar enrollments. What is fair about 32 schools automatically making the playoff's? They do not even have to win a game in 6-A and get to make the playoff's. That's a joke. The true traditional 1-A schools are getting the shaft in all this. There are currently some 1-A schools that have 2-A enrollments but are playing 1-A . Forget the equal number of teams in a class and have schools with similar enrollments in  classes together. In 1-A the biggest school should have no more than 350 to 360 students but the TSSAA is about the money and not about what is right. Nothing says that 32 teams must qualify for the playoff's. You don't have to take that many in the lower classes. In the current system only 24 teams make the playoff's in 1 and 2-A. Like I said it's all about the money.

I think the cutoff for 1A right now is somewhere around 405. We are sitting at about 410 and are looking like we will be  2A.