Potential New 6 Classification Plan for 1A & 2A for 2015

riverrat

I would take this in a heartbeat! Sure travel, especially to Jamestown & Baxter would be a pain. However the lack of gate that three or four of those Chattanooga based teams would bring when traveling to our place when added together probably wouldn't top 50 fans based on past experience in basketball & baseball.

Possibly Smith also. That might make 2 long trips per season with 5 visiting teams bringing good crowds, it would work out.

No way in h e double hockey sticks this would happen...right???

Region 5

Jo Byrns

Moore Co

Fayetteville

Huntland

Richland

McEwen

These road trips would be rediculous. Entertain yourselves and google map Jo Byrns to Fayetteville, Huntland , Moore Co, or Richland.

I would take this in a heartbeat!   Sure travel, especially to Jamestown & Baxter would be a pain.  However the lack of gate that three or four of those Chattanooga based teams would bring when traveling to our place when added together probably wouldn't top 50 fans based on past experience in basketball & baseball.

DC is licking their chops at that region.

Something I thought of is if you are going to have 32 in 6a,do the same with 5a and then split the rest up in 4 classes.

The one I like the best is leave it just like it is with a tital split. Wish I could make the rules.

I'd vote for you too pujo...the reclassification may or not be a good thing, but why not deal with the issue at hand first? Split the publics and privates, then look at reclassification in two years (when the schedule calls for it), after the results show up from the split. Wouldn't surprise me if the split is lots harder to get done than this deal.

I'm not sure if they recount or not,regardless it is what it it,just strap um up and play whoever lines up across from you. I do think they should recount when they change everything all at once.

I'll remember you said that when you are on your way to Alcoa in the first round of the playoffs.lol

From last I heard it looks like our numbers will be just high enough to go to AA. pujo your gonna have to introduce me to our new region members. I don't know anyone from HV or SN.

I'll remember you said that when you are on your way to Alcoa in the first round of the playoffs.lol

From last I heard it looks like our numbers will be just high enough to go to AA. pujo your gonna have to introduce me to our new region members. I don't know anyone from HV or SN.

Your # don't really make any difference, enrollments go up and down a few at all the schools. You or Hampton could end up in either class. As far as playing Alcoa in the 1st round, we'll try to finish higher than 4th. This new deal will have more problems than meets the eye. It looks sexy now, but the honeymoon isn't over yet.lol This deal could be the one that gets the privates to packing, they have 3 choices, stay where they are and get get murdered by the better schools,especially Alcoa, jump ship and go to d2,or build their program to a higher level. Actually one more choice,form their own league. It's gonna be fun watching all this unfold.

No way in h e double hockey sticks this would happen...right???

Region 5

Jo Byrns

Moore Co

Fayetteville

Huntland

Richland

McEwen

These road trips would be rediculous. Entertain yourselves and google map Jo Byrns to Fayetteville, Huntland , Moore Co, or Richland.

Riverside got the shaft too, all district opponents look to be an hour or more away, and Scotts Hill sits ten minutes or so down the road. All this started via a petition to split publics and privates, which when properly submitted forced TSSAA to consider...how did it morph into reclassification, and why no mention of the split? Might as well figure out the new districts with the privates included as I don't see a split coming before the "super six" takes effect. That also will be hard to figure, as pujo stated they have many choices to make affecting where they fit in.

Riverside got the shaft too, all district opponents look to be an hour or more away, and Scotts Hill sits ten minutes or so down the road. All this started via a petition to split publics and privates, which when properly submitted forced TSSAA to consider...how did it morph into reclassification, and why no mention of the split? Might as well figure out the new districts with the privates included as I don't see a split coming before the "super six" takes effect. That also will be hard to figure, as pujo stated they have many choices to make affecting where they fit in.

Its called smoke and mirrors Trader, when something like this comes up ,they always devert the question at hand in another direction. This still may be a good thing because I doubt many of the better privates in 2a want ANY part of Alcoa. From what I've seen,there will be several more good teams dropping down to 2a. This is going to get interesting to say the least.

Its called smoke and mirrors Trader, when something like this comes up ,they always devert the question at hand in another direction. This still may be a good thing because I doubt many of the better privates in 2a want ANY part of Alcoa. From what I've seen,there will be several more good teams dropping down to 2a. This is going to get interesting to say the least.

I don't think anyone wants a part of Alcoa in 2A, not just the privates  :popcorneater:

Pujo

Do you think Alcoa will play up a division or two or stay where they are at? Even with a few privates thrown in, there will not be much competition other than Milan from the west.

Pujo

Do you think Alcoa will play up a division or two or stay where they are at? Even with a few privates thrown in, there will not be much competition other than Milan from the west.

My guess is they will stay right where they put um. I've never known them to play up before. They can play up in their non region games to make money and win state championships on a regular basis. If it were me and I was in their shoes, I'd stay put. Why fight Mike Tyson when you can fight a lesser opponent and still be the champ.