Potential New 6 Classification Plan for 1A & 2A for 2015

riverrat

It doesn't always work out so glorious as you make it out to be.  South Pittsburg went 8-2 in the regular season winning the district.  The 2 losses were to 4a Signal and 3a Polk.  They got a 1st round home game instead of a bye and played on the road in the 2nd (Greenback), 3rd (Coalfield) and semi-finals (Gordonsville) in route to the title game against Wayne County.  In fact, the were a 3rd seed in Quad 1 that year.

While no system is perfect, your up scheduling (even though you lost two tough regular season games) prepared you well for your playoff run that year.  You should be even more proud of your teams accomplishment as you had to win 3 road playoff games to get to the show.  

While no system is perfect, your up scheduling (even though you lost two tough regular season games) prepared you well for your playoff run that year.  You should be even more proud of your teams accomplishment as you had to win 3 road playoff games to get to the show.  

cunfucius say...these small schools need that home playoff gate money to support us....unlike the privates who have many "alumni donors".

Actually, SP beat Polk that year.  That was the year SP last to Knox Grace 3 - 0 in OT in the Flood Bowl. 

Edited by rlh

cunfucius say...these small schools need that home playoff gate money to support us....unlike the privates who have many "alumni donors".

Socrates say " Confucius is a dumbbutt and never knows what he's talking about especially Tennessee High School Football!! Socrates says Plato much smarter!

Talking out your backside again I see.  Most of the small schools have been around for alot longer than any of the private schools.  Where are YOUR alumni donors?  Sure there are some well off people who send their kids to private schools.  But there are also well off parents who send their kids to the small public school in the area that they live in.  Many private school parents work second jobs to be able to afford to send their kid to a private school.  Keep in mind, they are also still paying taxes that send YOUR kid to school as well.  

Instead of whining about the falsehood that all private school kids come from a wealthy background, you should organize a better booster club to help them raise more funds,  Seek  business donations, have bake and food sales, dig deep and sacrifice.  It works for many privates it can work for you too.

Talking out your backside again I see.  Most of the small schools have been around for alot longer than any of the private schools.  Where are YOUR alumni donors?  Sure there are some well off people who send their kids to private schools.  But there are also well off parents who send their kids to the small public school in the area that they live in.  Many private school parents work second jobs to be able to afford to send their kid to a private school.  Keep in mind, they are also still paying taxes that send YOUR kid to school as well.  

Instead of whining about the falsehood that all private school kids come from a wealthy background, you should organize a better booster club to help them raise more funds,  Seek  business donations, have bake and food sales, dig deep and sacrifice.  It works for many privates it can work for you too.

Do you think the businesses in Coalfield could donate enough money to buy a power rack? I guess you could sale cookies, but thats a bunch of cookies. Dig deep and sacrifice....there are folks in some of our rural regions both east and west who sacrifice just to get food on their own table these days. Do private schools offer free and reduced lunch?

Socrates say " Confucius is a dumbbutt and never knows what he's talking about especially Tennessee High School Football!! Socrates says Plato much smarter!

confucius say...truth hurts...but so do bee stings...Jackets will roll again this year...hopefully this year we will get Goodpasture, Boyd and TCA in the playoffs.... :hungry:

Guest hevyrevy1611

Has there been a timetable set by TSSAA as to their deciding all this? When they said they'll announce that a decision on these proposals, or no decision (leave as is), has been made?

Edited by hevyrevy1611

Has there been a timetable set by TSSAA as to their deciding all this? When they said they'll announce that a decision on these proposals, or no decision (leave as is), has been made?

I heard it will not be effective until the fall of 2015, if this is the case it would need to be decided before the end of 2014 to have time to schedule.

Guest hevyrevy1611

I heard it will not be effective until the fall of 2015, if this is the case it would need to be decided before the end of 2014 to have time to schedule.

well, this year is end of two year cycle for schedules, right? so if it's the fall before next years 2015 season and this upcoming new cycle, then everyone will have to hold off on setting up schedules waiting on a decision, then they'll perhaps be scrambling to get new district games set plus non-district if there is a change. Guess coaches will have to have a plan A, B, even C schedule tentatively made. What a mess, hope they do it sooner than later. Well, it is what it is... gotta go with flow I guess. Glad I not in coaching, wowser!

Do you think the businesses in Coalfield could donate enough money to buy a power rack? I guess you could sale cookies, but thats a bunch of cookies. Dig deep and sacrifice....there are folks in some of our rural regions both east and west who sacrifice just to get food on their own table these days. Do private schools offer free and reduced lunch?

Eliminating 17 private schools from Division 1 will not solve any of the issues that you brought up in your comments above.  I have never been to Coalfield so I have no clue as to what things are like there.  Free and or reduced price lunches have nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Eliminating 17 private schools from Division 1 will not solve any of the issues that you brought up in your comments above.  I have never been to Coalfield so I have no clue as to what things are like there.  Free and or reduced price lunches have nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Actually, they do...it's just another "statistic" that illuminates the differences between public and private schools. The 17 schools in consideration have many basic differences from all publics. The entire student body is comprised of young men and women who are supported at home, economically and morally, or they wouldn't be there...translated to athletics, it means parents support the team in a way that a small percentage of public school parents do, whether from disinterest or inability. The small 1-2 A school communities often don't have businesses or industry to contribute in substantial amounts enough to maintain team needs and facilities. You are correct that this issue isn't the focus of this thread, but it has some merit as far as illustrating the basic differences in student body and parental support.