Potential New 6 Classification Plan for 1A & 2A for 2015

riverrat

I can tell you that it takes longer than 45 minutes by bus to travel to Fayette Academy and Tipton Rosemark. While I am confident that TCA would travel to these places well, the same can't be said for teams like Tipton Rosemark, Rossville Christian, and others when they have come to Jackson to play USJ. You can here the crickets chirping on the visitors side. Last year when St. George's came to Jackson, they did not fill up the visitors stands at TCA and St. George's was the state runnerup in D2A.

As far as scheduling non district games against local teams, it's not as easy as you might think. We got games against SGCHS and JCM, but we had to schedule "UP" to get the game. Finding games against similar sized schools with quality teams is not that easy in West Tennessee when you are a private.

It shouldn't take much longer than that to go to Covington and Sommerville. Maybe Sommerville because you guys are on the North side of Jackson. But just add in the time it would take to go thru town to Hwy 18.

It shouldn't take much longer than that to go to Covington and Sommerville. Maybe Sommerville because you guys are on the North side of Jackson. But just add in the time it would take to go thru town to Hwy 18.

Big Purple, travel isn't a concern for me except for playoffs. USJ had to travel to Knox Webb in early round of playoff and that wasn't good. My concern is playing against the best competition. Under the proposed new classification we would have to beat Milan, Trenton, Adamsville, Mitchell, Alcoa, and on and on to be crowned state champions. That's a serious accomplishment. Division 2A doesn't have that kind of depth as far as strong teams. If they split and then had a public versus private championship then I might agree with that. I still think the financial issue is a bigger issue than most think. If privates from their own organization the TSSAA will suffer financially.

Edited by TCAIntense

Big Purple, travel isn't a concern for me except for playoffs. USJ had to travel to Knox Webb in early round of playoff and that wasn't good. My concern is playing against the best competition. Under the proposed new classification we would have to beat Milan, Trenton, Adamsville, Mitchell, Alcoa, and on and on to be crowned state champions. That's a serious accomplishment. Division 2A doesn't have that kind of depth as far as strong teams. If they split and then had a public versus private championship then I might agree with that. I still think the financial issue is a bigger issue than most think. If privates from their own organization the TSSAA will suffer financially.

I agree with you on most of what you are saying. And for the record, I don't care one way or the other regarding the split. Just saying that travel wouldn't be that bad. Honestly, I would not mind at all you guys being in the same division as us. I loved it when we used to smack USJ and JCS around every year :)

Trader, here's the bottom line for me as to why I want TCA to stay in D1. If you win a state championship in DIIA you haven't accomplished nearly as much as a championship in division 1 class 2A. Sixty teams versus 22 teams. Yes, D2 has ECS, Knox Webb, and St George's that are powerhouses but other than that it's weak. 2a has Trousdale, Adamsville, Trenton, Mitchell, Knox Grace, Boyd, Hampton, Goodpasture and on and on. Much bigger accomplishment to win 2A. Travel doesn't bother me except during playoffs if we were D2. Public schools recruit as bad as privates. Madison county is open enrollment. You should see the recruiting that goes on for the stud 8th graders in the Middle Schools. No different than a private trying to recruit. TSSAA needs to be consistent all the way around.

I honestly am uncomfortable debating this issue with the TCA supporters because you've been great ( the team, fans, and you guys on the T ), but some of what you feel just doesn't make sense to me...three of the teams that you list as worthy opponents currently in 2A would make the switch with you, and the sixty vs. twenty two teams also would morph into 43 public - 39 private. Another point made a 'couple of times is that USJ had to travel to Knoxville for a playoff game...wouldn't it make more sense to add T.R., R.C., JCS, TCA, and Fayette Academy to DII in order to avoid the long road trips for the current privates?

As for the recruiting in Madison Co., I can only imagine. No way to police that unless someone reports the violations, which just might start happening when someone gets snubbed.

I keep saying that my stance isn't personal...I'm not against any private, especially TCA. Like I've stated before, your fans are loud but courteous, the team is great competition, the gate is top notch, and I hope to continue our rivalry in all sports even if we split, but I see the split as leveling the playing field and bettering both divisions.

I honestly am uncomfortable debating this issue with the TCA supporters because you've been great ( the team, fans, and you guys on the T ), but some of what you feel just doesn't make sense to me...three of the teams that you list as worthy opponents currently in 2A would make the switch with you, and the sixty vs. twenty two teams also would morph into 43 public - 39 private. Another point made a 'couple of times is that USJ had to travel to Knoxville for a playoff game...wouldn't it make more sense to add T.R., R.C., JCS, TCA, and Fayette Academy to DII in order to avoid the long road trips for the current privates?

As for the recruiting in Madison Co., I can only imagine. No way to police that unless someone reports the violations, which just might start happening when someone gets snubbed.

I keep saying that my stance isn't personal...I'm not against any private, especially TCA. Like I've stated before, your fans are loud but courteous, the team is great competition, the gate is top notch, and I hope to continue our rivalry in all sports even if we split, but I see the split as leveling the playing field and bettering both divisions.

Trader, those are very good points and well taken. I didn't realize it would reduce 2A to 42 teams and increase D2a to 39. If that's the case then my argument isn't a very good one!! Travel wouldn't be any different than traveling an hour to Scott's Hill or Middleton. It would be a challenge trying to keep up with St George's and ECS as they have more resources and ability to draw Memphis kids. It would eventually level out. Once again good points. Look forward to have the SH Lions as our guest this year.

I was very nice to you. Why the attitude?? Since you wanted to be so rude.... I'll forget or remember whatever I want, moron.

confucius say...when i put up a rolling laughing face... :roflolk: ...means i'm just joking...i for 1 don't take anything on here personally, and if you do...well you deserve to have your feelings hurt...message boards are not for kitty cats....you can call me a moron or whatever other names that make you feel mannly...not gonna bother me 1 bit.... :bored: ... :roflol:

Edited by confuciuschang

http://m.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/jun/20/local-tssaa-meeting-looks-at-classification-split/?sports

This is the kind of misunderstanding that is helping to prevent a split. The coach is worried he'd playing "500 to 700" enrollment schools. Actually right now his district includes Marion at about 520, but if there was a total split then a five or six class.divide, his region would likely only go to about 450. No Marion and certainly no Alcoa as was mentioned as possible. Someone in the TSSAA needs to present the ADs and coaches with some numbers, if not then just admit they as a whole.have no interest ever in a split.

confucius say....That coach from Lookout Valley is obviously an idiot...he should call up Goodpasture, GCA, TCA, and Jackson Christian to get on his schedule next season!!!

confucius say...when i put up a rolling laughing face... :roflolk: ...means i'm just joking...i for 1 don't take anything on here personally, and if you do...well you deserve to have your feelings hurt...message boards are not for kitty cats....you can call me a moron or whatever other names that make you feel mannly...not gonna bother me 1 bit.... :bored: ... :roflol:

Ok..... Moron :)

Trader, those are very good points and well taken. I didn't realize it would reduce 2A to 42 teams and increase D2a to 39. If that's the case then my argument isn't a very good one!! Travel wouldn't be any different than traveling an hour to Scott's Hill or Middleton. It would be a challenge trying to keep up with St George's and ECS as they have more resources and ability to draw Memphis kids. It would eventually level out. Once again good points. Look forward to have the SH Lions as our guest this year.

I think with the additions of Boyd Buchanan, CAK, Grace Christian and CPA, D2-A would be extremely strong!!!

Actually, it will reduce the overall number of public teams, which will then be divided according to whatever plan ( if not changed, divided into three equal divisions ) is agreed upon by TSSAA.