Potential New 6 Classification Plan for 1A & 2A for 2015

riverrat

Sir, in the D2A playoffs last season, USJ, in Jackson, TN, had to travel to Knoxville, TN for a second round playoff game against Webb. Knoxville is just a TAD further away from Jackson than Memphis or Nashville for a playoff game.

Read it again. A full split and there's no such first round or regular season travel. CPA, Nashville Christian etc would all be potential west bracket opponents. You could have a Knoxville group, a Chattanooga group, a midstate group, 2 Nashville groups, a Jackson-Memphis group then a Memphis group. That would make for a ton of exciting playoff games.

Edited by Indian

Read it again. A full split and there's no such first round or regular season travel. CPA, Nashville Christian etc would all be potential west bracket opponents. You could have a Knoxville group, a Chattanooga group, a midstate group, 2 Nashville groups, a Jackson-Memphis group then a Memphis group. That would make for a ton of exciting playoff games.

You will forgive me if I don't trust the TSSAA to make a playoff bracket that eliminates an early round potential cross state matchup.  Afterall, it's the TSSAA that we are talking about.  LOL

Missing scheduled practice or weight lifting is not acceptable at Wayne Co., the coaches take it very seriously and it plays a big part in how much playing time a player gets. But it don't seem to be much of a problem down here because these boys eat and sleep football!

It also seems to me that you guys gets kids from out of zone, it would take 2 teams of our size to dress as many as you guys do.Mandatory strenght training would be much easier if you dressed 80 kids, Were 2a and still just dress about 40. If we got rid of the kids who missed workouts,chances are ,we would lose every game.

I didn't say anyone should be kicked out of anything, just saying alot of small publics have the same trouble as we do.. If the split happened,both types of schools would be up against teams that operate the same way..I'm alot more like a private school parent, my kid makes every session and more, we have 5 or 6 who does the same. The rest comes when and if they want to and we usually have about 20, but its not always the same 20.Our kids as a whole just don't have parents thats dedicated to the cause. Its just 2 extremely different type schools.

A private school team here with an actual enrollment of less than 400 just had a player commit to an ACC football school. You have a Nashville school with about the same number in 9-12 sending players to college in football and basketball left and right. No public school that size can match that. There is an article in the Chattanooga paper warning "be careful what you ask for" as it expects a talent grab with a split, but it's already happened. It's just not as noticed with the largest public schools being fortunate and avoiding the Ensworths and MBAs.

You will forgive me if I don't trust the TSSAA to make a playoff bracket that eliminates an early round potential cross state matchup. Afterall, it's the TSSAA that we are talking about. LOL

There would be no reason for it with more than enough teams for a balanced bracket. My guess of seven districts would make it a little odd numbered but go with six districts with four from each if that couldnt be worked out. There would be byes regardless most likely.

It also seems to me that you guys gets kids from out of zone, it would take 2 teams of our size to dress as many as you guys do.Mandatory strenght training would be much easier if you dressed 80 kids, Were 2a and still just dress about 40. If we got rid of the kids who missed workouts,chances are ,we would lose every game.

All of WC players live in waynesboro and most have their whole lives. The only ones that don't are the ones from Clifton because they don't have a team and it's only every few years that WC might get one or two from there. WC has been blessed with big numbers on the team for several years now and it goes back to great coaches and lots of parental support.

All of WC players live in waynesboro and most have their whole lives. The only ones that don't are the ones from Clifton because they don't have a team and it's only every few years that WC might get one or two from there. WC has been blessed with big numbers on the team for several years now and it goes back to great coaches and lots of parental support.

I looked at the population of Waynesboro and Hampton, Waynesboro was 2,439, Hamptons was 4266. Our last enrollment figures were 429. By those numbers our school should have abourt 2 times the enrollment. 2 times the enrollment and half as many kids playing don't make good sense.

Looked at the population of Clifton and it was nearly 3,000, Frank Hughes only had 96 kids, Some thing just don't add up. You or someone are getting their kids before Highschool. You must have alot more boys than girlls ,lol

Edited by pujo

Will this coming years enrollment numbers be used to determine classes.In the past it would come from the past school year.

It will be this years numbers.I'm sure  about all schools go up and down from year to year .It really only effects the borderline teams. I hope they don't go with that 6 class thing. 4 Classes and a  complete split is the option i like, Only problem with that is, they didn't list that as an option.

I looked at the population of Waynesboro and Hampton, Waynesboro was 2,439, Hamptons was 4266. Our last enrollment figures were 429. By those numbers our school should have abourt 2 times the enrollment. 2 times the enrollment and half as many kids playing don't make good sense.

Looked at the population of Clifton and it was nearly 3,000, Frank Hughes only had 96 kids, Some thing just don't add up. You or someone are getting their kids before Highschool. You must have alot more boys than girlls ,lol

Clifton having a population of 3000 is what don't add up, the only thing I can figure is that all the out of towners that have camper lots along the river in Clifton are being counted in their population. Clifton is a very small town, probably one of the smallest in the state. I don't know the exact number of students at WC but it's around 300 give or take a few. Edited by wildcat89