District 12-AA

GIVM6

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a source that Marshall County is going to be much better this year. Osteen is part of that O'Connor coaching tree that rebuilt Giles County from a region doormat to the state quarter finalist right away.

I also think that Page will be much improved this season. I think I heard that Jack Daniels is returning to be a member of Rathbone's staff.

CPA and Giles are two of the elite teams in their respective classifications. Both will once again have awesome seasons.

@LBD your source is correct. While I still think that CPA & Giles are the front runners, don't count the Tigers out. Only skill player lost last year was the QB, and he was more of a running QB than a pocket passer. The source that I have on the MC team tells me that Posey (QB) can get the ball there every time. I believe in this new staff, and I appreciate them stepping up to the challenge. Giles county fans on this site praised Osteen and his knowledge, and so far so good. Marshall defensive and offensive lines will need work, but the skill players will be electric. #9 Walker will be a Sr. This year and has proven to be a threat. #4 Howard, #10 Pleas will also cause matchup problems. They won the 7 on 7 championship @ TTU against Pearl Cohn High school (6-1-1). The only loss in tourney came to Greenville.Marshall County has some tough matchups in the first few weeks. The outcome will let you know how good this team can be. Good luck to the entire district, and I wish you an injury free season. Go Blue!!!!

@LBD your source is correct. While I still think that CPA & Giles are the front runners, don't count the Tigers out. Only skill player lost last year was the QB, and he was more of a running QB than a pocket passer. The source that I have on the MC team tells me that Posey (QB) can get the ball there every time. I believe in this new staff, and I appreciate them stepping up to the challenge. Giles county fans on this site praised Osteen and his knowledge, and so far so good. Marshall defensive and offensive lines will need work, but the skill players will be electric. #9 Walker will be a Sr. This year and has proven to be a threat. #4 Howard, #10 Pleas will also cause matchup problems. They won the 7 on 7 championship @ TTU against Pearl Cohn High school (6-1-1). The only loss in tourney came to Greenville.Marshall County has some tough matchups in the first few weeks. The outcome will let you know how good this team can be. Good luck to the entire district, and I wish you an injury free season. Go Blue!!!!

seems like we've been saying this every year since Hightower and company graduated, MC has the athletes to play with anyone, but will this be the year they put 2 and 2 together???

Walker is a freak of an athlete, as is Howard. i believe they return one of their RBs from last year too, Baugh #2, runs like a battering ram. should have a very well balanced offense this year

the defensive front return some starters, as well as some players who rotated in with the starters, combine that with the number of skilled players in the defensive backfield, and MC defense COULD be a force to reckon with.

i want to see what kind of mentality OC plans on instilling into this young guys, i hope for alot more discipline and heart.

MC congrats on 7 on 7. Anytime you can beat PC it's a good day. Just wish you could have put it on Greenville. Coach O will definitely bring inspiration and fight to your club. Coach Shirey is no nonsense old school football. He took Richland to the big game back in 87 and was apart of the 09 championship along with the last two years trip to playoffs. A good man to have up in the box. Coach Hickman was apart of last years trip to the big game. Coach O's brother will also be a plus. Definitely headed in the right direction with a good staff. By the time that last game rolls around I hope there is a lot of hype about the match between GC and MC. Just wish it was at the Brickyard! Go Bobcats!

The Marshall Tigers beating Pearl in 7 on 7's is like matching Mark Spitz against a Sumo Wrestler in a swimming contest. Pearl carries the Rock. They don't toss it. The Osteen boys are good people. So is the AD & Ron. The Tigers will be better for sure with these four there. It's too bad they have to wear that baby blue over at the dump. :mrgreen:

Giles - Bigger, faster, stronger. Great staff that just got even better. Should be physical with speed.

CeePeeAaa - Class staff. Disciplined. Got to stop that 2 headed backfield.

Marshall - Coach O will give it all he's got. Skill players yes but can't handle the pounding inside.

Cascade - A classy gritty bunch but no speed.

Spring Hill - The Red Headed Step-Child of Maury Co. Great coach. Ponies in a horse race though.

Page - No defense. Couldn't stop a beach ball with no wind........ :ugeek:

I believe GC will beat CPA this year and win the district with no losses. CPA will lose one. The reason I say this is that GC catches CPA early and CPA will be better later in the year than earlier. CPA has a long way to go to replace a very strong senior class and some new guys have got to step up. However, you better be able to defend the pass, because if the line can pass block, they will have a very good passing attack.

I believe GC will beat CPA this year and win the district with no losses. CPA will lose one. The reason I say this is that GC catches CPA early and CPA will be better later in the year than earlier. CPA has a long way to go to replace a very strong senior class and some new guys have got to step up. However, you better be able to defend the pass, because if the line can pass block, they will have a very good passing attack.

Well we just might be in trouble then. Our corners & safety are real slooooooow...... B)

Well we just might be in trouble then. Our corners & safety are real slooooooow...... B)

Glad to see you are well rested womg. My question with mc is how will their special teams do with the leg not being there to kick it in the endzone for them, may have to work on some tackling drills this year. Oh wait gotta score first or it could only matter once a game. GO CATS!!!

Well rested indeed 5X. Ready for another run here. Yer young man is a looking good out there. My question about the Tigers is what are they gonna do about playing at home with no "lights out" or 1st cousins officiating? We both know O & Ron won't pull that crap. Of course we'll have to keep an eye out on that AD. He's a crafty one...... ;)