District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

Looked up his stats and saw where he is avg 27+ pts and 12+ reb per game....where were these kind of numbers his jr year?

Not really big numbers considering the team averages 110 a game. Also looked at schedule and competitio not real tough. Only good team they played Hardin Valley beat them. That being said Carter is most likely the best team in AA but not battle test yet.

Wanted to let you guys know I saw Scott play bearden at the CC tourney Friday night. There was 4 or 5 college coaches there for the weekend. You guys had better be ready to play when u play them. They play hard and are well coached. Laverdire gets the most out of his kids.

But the show of the night was the Butts kid from Scott. Bearden is a solid team and he had 35 AT THE HALF!!!! He was on fire. Had 22 in the second qtr alone. They gimmicked him in second half tho, but I think he ended up with 41-43 points. He's a scorer for sure. Glad he played well in front of the coaches and the big crowd. This team will give this district fits.

Stephen Butts is a threat, and I guarantee you we won't be overlooking Scott.

Right now, I can't really tell who Alcoa's best player is, and I probably won't be able to until we get our football players back. Scott did give us some good games last season and I don't expect that to change.

BUT, like every other shooter in history, every now and then Butts will have a night where the shots just aren't falling. Who else does Scott have?

Stephen Butts is a threat, and I guarantee you we won't be overlooking Scott.

Right now, I can't really tell who Alcoa's best player is, and I probably won't be able to until we get our football players back. Scott did give us some good games last season and I don't expect that to change.

BUT, like every other shooter in history, every now and then Butts will have a night where the shots just aren't falling. Who else does Scott have?

they have former coach and now superintendent Bill Halls son who's a sophomore and pretty good. A Lowe kid that's solid. A couple football guys that will only get better as season goes on. Their just relentless u know? Hustle overcomes a lot of deficiencies.

Boydstone's system relies on getting the highest amount of possessions in a game possible. He does not care if a team scores quick because he believes in wearing a team down over the course of the game with their fast break, conditioning, and 3 point efficiency over the other team's ability to get easy layups. Defensive accountability is not part of the "system's" effectiveness. See Grinnell College. It's an interesting and different way of looking at the game and definitely fun for the players.

I would love to know a guard in the East TN area that is better than Steven Butts from Scott?

I can speak a little to this system. I started going back to CC to watch bball when they started running this system. It was fun to watch the first time through the schedule. But the second time around teams did a lot of things to slow it down. ie: putting a player at table to check in after fts so they can't just throw it in. Four back on fts etc...... It's fun to watch, but good teams will make the adjustments and win these games on easy twos , fts, and solid defense. It wears on the kids too. By seasons end they are out of gas. It's a gimmick to hide a lot of problems you have with your team. That's really it.

I can speak a little to this system. I started going back to CC to watch bball when they started running this system. It was fun to watch the first time through the schedule. But the second time around teams did a lot of things to slow it down. ie: putting a player at table to check in after fts so they can't just throw it in. Four back on fts etc...... It's fun to watch, but good teams will make the adjustments and win these games on easy twos , fts, and solid defense. It wears on the kids too. By seasons end they are out of gas. It's a gimmick to hide a lot of problems you have with your team. That's really it.

Maybe so. If you think about it, Carter was mediocre for a few years after Lester Wilson graduated and their 2010 state run. So how did they fix their problems and make it to state? They ran "the system."

Hats off to Joby though. To have that quick of a turnaround is not easy at all.

they have former coach and now superintendent Bill Halls son who's a sophomore and pretty good. A Lowe kid that's solid. A couple football guys that will only get better as season goes on. Their just relentless u know? Hustle overcomes a lot of deficiencies.

Indeed it does. We'll also get better as the season goes on when our football players are in basketball mode.