Grundy @ Marion

MCRoadWarrior

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRUNDY has the talent but they can't overcome the biggest obstacle that's been with them for years! Lack of coaching! Marion rolls by 14+ unfortunately.

Marion has MUCH better talent than Grundy and it will show this week. If Marion can only beat Grundy by 14 they won't get to where we expect them to be toward the end of November of the season. Edited by TheAmbassador

I have seen some tape of grundy...QB is not just good but real good.  and their o line looks very solid.  I look for both to score a lot of points.  I think this one is a shoot out something like 42-38. 

But I will say this, marion better not overlook Grundy and bring both the offense and defense.  a 14 point Grundy win would not surprise me in the least.  I think Grundy will be able to score plenty this year, not sure if they can stop anyone though.

I think Grundy gets the first upset of the year.

Marion is kind of an unknown but with Ross` defensive background I highly doubt anyone scores 42 points on them this year. MC played very very vanilla in the jamboree. When sp threatened you got to see a few blitz packages. Two of the starters that I know of were out also. I expect the defense to look a lot better Thursday night and as long as everyone stays healthy their record could be 8-2, 9-1, or 10-0

Marion is kind of an unknown but with Ross` defensive background I highly doubt anyone scores 42 points on them this year. MC played very very vanilla in the jamboree. When sp threatened you got to see a few blitz packages. Two of the starters that I know of were out also. I expect the defense to look a lot better Thursday night and as long as everyone stays healthy their record could be 8-2, 9-1, or 10-0

I agree with you. I really think anything less than 9-1 would be a disappointment. Marion should go 10-0 this season. SP is weaker than we have been in 10 years and Sequatchie isn't bad, but they are still really young. Might be only one obstacle in the east for Marion and that team is in Hartsville. As for this game? If Marion lets Grundy play them close then my assumption about this team could be wrong. Warriors win by 28+

The short passing game looked crisp for a new quarterback on jamboree night.  followed his checks and completed many passes.  Also, Riley was out, and Marion still didn't rely on Zeman to run the ball.  Will be interesting to see both sides of the ball once all the pieces are in place.  Also, nice to see a corner blitz from the backside when SP was driving late in the quarter.  If both teams are healthy, Halloween night will be a tense one at the speedway.