Henry County @ Liberty- Week 0

MSURacer

And who will represent the East?

off ur present topic...but as a liberty fan...id like to know who u believe is going to put us out of the playoffs in the West...as u keep saying HC will be playing deeper into the playoffs than us

i see no reason why HC cant make the finals again...obviously a lil luck along the way to help out...but i didnt see much of a drop off from last season...Pat D is more than capable of keeping games close...ur offense needs some more reps and maybe some tweaks to special teams...i think our biggest advantage was special teams last night...but it was my impressoin that HC had some really young guns playing on that squad

giles co can go east or west based on playoff participants...outside of them...i absolutely believe we are the best 4a team in the west

I think it is going to be one of these 3....

Ooltewah

Oak Ridge

Possibly South Doyle

You are more familiar w/ that area than I am, but West appears to be better than they were last year considering what they have coming back, so if any of the 3 above knock them off, the East will be well represented this year in 5A.....

Liberty looked better Friday than anyone we played at any point in the regular season last year and not worse than anybody we played through the Championship last year.  Scary what they'll become barring injury, etc.

I thought we'd win on conditioning if nothing else, discipline if necessary.  Never been so wrong about a ballgame in my life. They had a fairly good crowd to boot.

Prediction:  They scored their season low against us.

Challenge to Liberty fans, families:  Go support these boys.  There is nothing better to do on Friday nights this time of year, home or away.

I doubt Liberty's victory gets any sweeter because I give them credit but if you think that's what I should do, then I'll state the obvious. They were better than us last night. I'll also state this.....they won't go as deep in the playoffs as we will.

LIBERTY will be in the state finals in 4A.  I hope Henry Co will be there the night before in 5A! 

Red Warrior, this is a crazy statement....

If we are 2-2 after 4 games, I like our chances if being back in Cookeville...

You sure ? They play Brentwood Academy at BA on Friday night . I sure hope they are as good as you say they are. Last year BA scored 45 points at half.

I enjoyed the liberty fans and loved that they played both BA and MUS. They have the talent to compete so hoping for a good game

Liberty looked better Friday than anyone we played at any point in the regular season last year and not worse than anybody we played through the Championship last year. Scary what they'll become barring injury, etc.

I thought we'd win on conditioning if nothing else, discipline if necessary. Never been so wrong about a ballgame in my life. They had a fairly good crowd to boot.

Prediction: They scored their season low against us.

Challenge to Liberty fans, families: Go support these boys. There is nothing better to do on Friday nights this time of year, home or away.

You sure ? They play Brentwood Academy at BA on Friday night . I sure hope they are as good as you say they are. Last year BA scored 45 points at half.

I enjoyed the liberty fans and loved that they played both BA and MUS. They have the talent to compete so hoping for a good game

Am I sure about what?

A great game and my hats off to Liberty. They played a heck of a game particularly on Defense with their line and backers. My hats also off to HC Defense, they did what they were supposed to do to give us a chance to win the game. They held Liberty back most all night outside of a couple big runs. Week in and week out that should be enough for us to win. But on the offensive side of the ball, we HAVE to get our spirit back on the o-line! This group is essentially the same line that took us to the championship. Not all of them were starters, but they got heavy reps in every single game last year - including the championship game! Execution is the key. I have faith in our coaches to get them back on track.

This ones in the books, no looking back - only grinding forward...

Season low point total

To clarify, I believe Liberty will score more than 21 points in each of their subsequent games. 

I know nothing at all about the private schools.  I do know talent, discipline, scheme, size, speed, and heart when I see it.  My hat is off to Brentwood if they can contain what I saw Friday against HC.