What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

Welp, its almost here... round 1 of Cookeville / sparta .  The winner will have the upper hand on the district race, but still alot of work left to be done.   Here goes my fearless (and not very likely) predictions.  

1.  Henderson will either a) put up 25-30 points or B) foul out with 15 or less.  I don't think Cookeville has anyone that can guard him straight up, and if they play zone, nobody with length to bother his shot.  Seems like there best chance is if he stops himself by silly fouls.  

2.  Cookeville will finally get more than 100 students to a game this year.  I have to say student participation has been disappointing at the home games I've been too.  (didn't see 1) 

3.  This is less of a prediction than a question, ... will the crosland kid get back at Cookeville for holding him to less than 5 twice last year?  I know the kid is a great shooter just coming back from injury, just a little inside storyline.  I think White Co needs him to be effective tomorrow night.  

4.  Cookeville will hit 7 or more threes.  If you have seen them play much this year, you know this is a bold and fearless prediction.  

5.  White Co leads most of the way, and takes a 3 point lead into the final quarter.  They begin being very patient in what is a low scoring quarter but Cookeville does just enough and takes the 1 point lead with 4 seconds left.  White county gets in to Henderson on the run but his 35 footer falls just short as time expires.  

59-58 Cavs!!!!! 

Here's hoping any of that is even remotely on point.  haha :mrgreen:   

Cross-town rivals play in Cumberland County tonight with CCHS and Stone squaring off at CCHS.  CCHS is going to be down a few key players and I think Stone will be missing one or two also.  Stone's talent level is at it's lowest since the school started, but CCHS is struggling to win any games at the moment.  It should be an interesting night.

Tenntwin, I've heard about that since the Rhea co game.... what a weird situation.  Obvs won't talk about it on here, but good luck tonight without a few guys. I'll take Stone by 5

District is shaping up to be a dog fight for 3-6 positions.  I'm not saying my Cavaliers have 2nd locked up by any means, but we are in a good spot at the moment. 

I think Rhea/Warren will be a close one tonight.  I'll actually go against my head here and take Warren in a nail biter.  

Tenntwin, I've heard about that since the Rhea co game.... what a weird situation.  Obvs won't talk about it on here, but good luck tonight without a few guys. I'll take Stone by 5

District is shaping up to be a dog fight for 3-6 positions.  I'm not saying my Cavaliers have 2nd locked up by any means, but we are in a good spot at the moment. 

I think Rhea/Warren will be a close one tonight.  I'll actually go against my head here and take Warren in a nail biter.  

That's a smart bet.  Rhea looked good here last week; we may have had something to do with that.  I'll take Rhea over Warren.  Looking forward to hearing the results from the White Co/Cookeville game though - you guys be sure to give us updates.  We should know a lot more about the district after tonight.

Had son graduate last year from Warren.  Enjoy reading post about the district.   What is your guys opinion on Warren this year.    My son last year was not good with coaching catastrophe.   I see how inexperienced they are, but it looks like some of those freshman and sophomores could be pretty decent.  I don't get to see every game so just going on what I have watched. 

My opinion on Warren is the same it is most years... they have athletes with potential.  Yes, this year they are relatively inexperienced.  Fresh/soph class looks pretty good.  The challenge will be, will they all stay and keep playing?   They've already had one soph who played varsity last year as a freshman leave the team.   

Seems like Warren always has potential and something happens to wreck the train.  I really believe they aren't too far away from being a contender, but they need 3 good classes in a row (giving them 6-9 good players) and they need to all keep playing/ stay healthy.  IMO they have 2 good pretty good classes in 9th and 10th.   They will need another player or 2 coming up from 8th grade and I think they could possibly contend in a couple years.  

All that being said is with equal coaching.  I haven't seen this guy coach, or watched his team enough to have an opinion yet.  I've always said a good coach has to have talent to win alot, or can be mediocre with no talent.  A bad coach can have talent and be mediocre.