What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

• 2 weeks later...

bump, time to ramp things back up.  Been a while but district games coming back friday night. 

My cavaliers travel to Warren Co after going 5-2 in Christmas Tournament play, and a 20 point win over Jackson Co last night.  We typically don't play well at Warren for whatever reason so I'm actually a little nervous. I have no doubt we are the better team but we are inconsistent at times. 

I will say I'm extremely proud of the program this year, though.  For losing 6 players off of last year's squad (only 1 to graduation) it is a pretty good accomplishment to be where they are at 16-4.  Nobody expected that, and pretty much nobody is still giving them much respect, even around Cookeville.  We can talk about weak schedule all we want, and I wouldn't argue with you too much, but I'm still proud of this team.  

Give me some updates on everybody...  I've seen some scores but thats it.  Cumberland looking Jekyll and hydish... White still rolling, lost to 2 good teams over the break. Why do you all have such a tough time with Pickett? Matchup problems or just havent shot well?  I don't hear anything about Rhea co ever... 

Alumn89, I agree on Cookeville.  You guys have done well; I was impressed with your team when they came to Crossville - I think Bray has done a good job considering the situation that you stated.  You are correct on the CCHS Jets being Jekyll and Hydish - I just don't know what to expect game to game.  I thought coming out of the Holiday tournaments (5-2 also and a big win over Knoxville Carter), we might be able to make a run the last half.  But, we had back to back losses to York and Clarkrange this week - it's hard to take!!!!

We play Rhea Co. Friday night in Crossville, hope we can get back to winning ways.  I see the district like this right now:

1.  White Co - should be team to beat, but they are vulnerable.

2.  Cookeville - beat White Co and you're #1

3/4 Stone/CCHS - toss up

5. Rhea Co - haven't seen them yet

6. Warren Co. - not very good when they came to Crossville

should be interesting over next few weeks.

tenntwin rhea co. is not very good. they are big but awful. alumna coach aaron has pickett playing very hard right now but to tell you the truth we play up or down to the competition and it doesn't help that coach aaron knows all our plays[cause he coached here the last like 7 years] and know all our players inside and out cause he coached all of them from seniors to freshmen and he knows each one's strength and weaknesses.

Tenntwin, I think you are pretty spot on with your standings district wise... I still think Cumberland can beat anyone on a given night.  Not sure about Warren/Rhea... 

Warrior, yea that makes sense about coach Aaron.  Not trying to poke fun at all, we seem to always have a tough time playing Clarkrange.  This game sometimes doesn't make much sense. 

It good to be getting full swing into district games over the next month.  Big "cross town" game for CCHS next week against Stone (Jan 16 at CCHS).  CCHS hasn't beaten Stone since the split unless it was the first year.  They have certainly dominated the series with most of the county talent going to the new school over the years.  CCHS is certainly poised to change the tide especially after this year - I should say they (CCHS) should be if the talent can be maximized, challenged, and properly developed at CCHS.