What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

we just made more plays than they did william. henderson and crosland played good. despite foul trouble vaughn also played pretty good. it was a big step for the warriors to beat cookeville in cookeville. so maybe they got that monkey off there back. there will be more battles this year though.

Guest WilliamPayne

90warrior, congrats on the success so far. White Co is playing great ball. Johns team and White Co only have one common opponent this season so I am kind of using that as a measuring guage. What was your overall take on the game? I enjoy your perspective.

good times im white co. right now. good times. both teams have a combined record of 38-4 right now.

Great record for the Sparta. I just wish they schedule some harder teams other than these homecoming games all the time. Our district is weak, but you can't change that. We could schedule some harder teams to play to get ready for the sub state. If we make it that far. I'm not trying to cause an argument, just stating my opinion.

Well, the Jets came up short Friday night against Stone, losing by 8.  Needless to say, it's been a "roller coaster" up here on the mountain this season.  We were without three starters against Stone, but played hard and were in the game until the final minutes.  Several CCHS freshmen played meaningful minutes and one lead all scorers against a senior laden Stone team - the future is bright for CCHS(hopefully).  We need a "us against world" attitude going into Tuesday's game at White Co. and the rest of district play.  These boys have nothing to lose, just play hard and have fun. 

I agree with you Tenntwin, the future does look bright for CCHS, and the team does need to have fun. However, I am concerned.

The future has looked bright at CCHS for several years now and never really materialized into something tangible. 

I've had the opportunity to watch virtually every game they have played this season and have yet to see the team play as if they were having fun.

I am uncertain as to what is causing the funk, but I hope the boys can figure it out and finish the season strong.

I agree with you Tenntwin, the future does look bright for CCHS, and the team does need to have fun. However, I am concerned.

The future has looked bright at CCHS for several years now and never really materialized into something tangible. 

I've had the opportunity to watch virtually every game they have played this season and have yet to see the team play as if they were having fun.

I am uncertain as to what is causing the funk, but I hope the boys can figure it out and finish the season strong.

I think expectations for CCHS teams needs to raised up a few notches by all involved - admin, coaches, players, and fans.  All folks involved need to evaluate themselves, the program, practices, playbook, attitude, commitment, etc..  What can we do to improve?  What do "I" need to be doing differently to raise the program to better levels, what can we do to help build better players and young men?  It's like any business or sales team - if we are not performing, meeting goals then we need to evaluate our processes and procedures - we need to change to better habits and methods - we need to emulate those that are having success - we need to seek out the advice of those that have experienced success on bigger levels than we have experience at.  "Seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened" - good bible reference that applies to most things in life!

Edited by Tenntwin

I think expectations for CCHS teams needs to raised up a few notches by all involved - admin, coaches, players, and fans.  All folks involved need to evaluate themselves, the program, practices, playbook, attitude, commitment, etc..  What can we do to improve?  What do "I" need to be doing differently to raise the program to better levels, what can we do to help build better players and young men?  It's like any business or sales team - if we are not performing, meeting goals then we need to evaluate our processes and procedures - we need to change to better habits and methods - we need to emulate those that are having success - we need to seek out the advice of those that have experienced success on bigger levels than we have experience at.  "Seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened" - good bible reference that applies to most things in life!

"VERY" well put Tenntwin. The reference from Matthew definately applies.

Questions are: How do you get buy in from everyone involved? How do you break the 'status quo" that has existed for the last twenty-five years?

Each individual group (that you stated above) has to be prepared to take ownership for their respective part of the equation.

Well, what a tough loss.... had a shot to win it in regulation and a transition play down 1 with 9 seconds ? or so in OT and we throw it away for some reason....    First, let me say congratulations.  Sparta made 1 more play (or a couple ft, or whatever) than we did.  Gotta give yall credit.  

To answer your question 90warrior, ... On Henderson, no, my opinion hasn't changed on him, not one bit.  I still think he has all the physical tools, but the other side of things,,,,  not so much.  Obviously we don't have anyone who can guard him so it wasn't like it was a shock for him to get 23 or 26 or whatever it was.   

on crosland, he did play better than I've ever seen him play.  It appeared we were so focused on taking the 3 away for everyone, but crosland did a nice job of getting to the paint. So yes, I have to say I think he changed my mind on him a little bit.  

We just absolutely could not put the darn ball in the darn hole from the 3 pt line.  Our best shooter (richmond) was like 1 for 11 or something I think the newspaper guy said.  So when you think about that, its kind of surprising we were in it at all.  I think overall, we did a good job keeping the game at our pace.  I'm proud of our guys, they fought hard, just have to make 1 or 2 more plays in the end.

That game was a super fun game to watch... I don't know how many lead changes there were but i bet there were double digits.  It was loud from both sides.  I am really looking forward to the next one, (and hopefully the next one, and the next one, lol) At least now everyone knows we belong on the same floor.