8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

Your either blind or a fool, maybe both. The Blevins kid gets physically assaulted every trip down the floor and can't break wind in anybody's direction without drawing a foul.

Officials let it happen. Looks like every team in this district knows we are on probation and know we aren't able to fight back without the TSSAA looming over us with their threat of further punishment. Say what you want but it has happened in almost every district game this season.

Enjoy it while you can cause next year we are back.

To comment on the York posts about them playing dirty, Things got chippy in their game against Smith a few weeks ago and after a charge was called on Blevins he intentionally stepped on one of Smith's players. 

Like oldkodger said, could be some frustration in knowing their season is coming to a close and they do not get to compete in tourney. 

Smith has been playing better as of late. Tie game midway through 4th tonight against LA and from way it sounded on radio LA turned the jets on. 

8AA should have an interesting tourney in a few weeks. Can't wait to watch!

Your either blind or a fool, maybe both. The Blevins kid gets physically assaulted every trip down the floor and can't break wind in anybody's direction without drawing a foul.

Officials let it happen. Looks like every team in this district knows we are on probation and know we aren't able to fight back without the TSSAA looming over us with their threat of further punishment. Say what you want but it has happened in almost every district game this season.

Enjoy it while you can cause next year we are back.

I'm pretty sure Blevins received his fair share of calls tonight. His intentional foul came after his shot was blocked and was only his first foul...which was at the start of the fourth quarter! I'm sure intentional was out of frustration, but players cannot react physically when things or calls don't go their way. I'm sure you are all learning that lesson the hard way though. If you refer to my other posts, you will see that I have acknowledged how talented York is. They need more guidance and leadership. I look forward to seeing them compete in the future. Edited by spreadthewealth

I'm pretty sure Blevins received his fair share of calls tonight. His intentional foul came after his shot was blocked and was only his first foul. I'm sure intentional was out of frustration, but players cannot react physically when things or calls don't go their way. I'm sure you are all learning that lesson the hard way though. If you refer to my other posts, you will see that I have acknowledged how talented York is. They need more guidance and leadership. I look forward to seeing them compete in the future.

If one riding him with the body and another hanging on his shooting arm is a blocked shot then yes it was after that play he got the intentional. Coaches were assessed techs for arguing the no call on the shot. That gets called then there is no intentional or technicals called following it.

Not in any way trying to imply CC didn't deserve to win. They sped us up and made us play at a pace we were obviously not comfortable with. All credit to the CC players.

But I will take exception to the implication we have coaches who are not good leaders. That couldn't be further from the truth.

If one riding him with the body and another hanging on his shooting arm is a blocked shot then yes it was after that play he got the intentional. Coaches were assessed techs for arguing the no call on the shot. That gets called then there is no intentional or technicals called following it.

Not in any way trying to imply CC didn't deserve to win. They sped us up and made us play at a pace we were obviously not comfortable with. All credit to the CC players.

But I will take exception to the implication we have coaches who are not good leaders. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Well make sure your coach doesn't yell, "make sure you foul them hard" next time from his huddle. Good luck to you the rest of the season.

Well make sure your coach doesn't yell, "make sure you foul them hard" next time from his huddle. Good luck to you the rest of the season.

There is not a coach worth his salt that has not told his team at some point or another to foul hard to make sure no free layups are made.

Not dirty at all, it's called basketball. Not one York kid undercut, cheap-shotted or intentionally tried to injure any one tonight. To imply otherwise is absolutely wrong.

Good luck to you as well.

Give credit to cannon co tonight they played a good second half but there is now way to get back in a ballgame if the other team has eight players on the floor! First half was a one point difference and was called pretty evenly but second half got out of hand with calls only on one end of the court. The blevins kid was fouled all night long with very few being called but he deals with this most every game he plays. If he was 5' 9 instead of 6'7 he would get twice as many calls.If cannons record has anything to do with the refs like they were tonight no wonder they are hard to beat! Eight against five just really isnt fair!!!!!!

Cannon County Has Played Against 8 Many Nites. Last Nite was A Great Game For Cannon County. If Blevins was upset because of No Post Season Play Funny Way Of Showing It. Balling Your Fist Up and Taking A Swing No Way To Handle Flustration. BB Players are A Representation Of The Coaching Staff. It Seems  Cannon County Does Not Have That Problem. I Say Tack Another 2 Years On.

Smith seems to be playing well right now. They gave Cannon a heck of a run last week and only lost by 11 to Livingston tonight. I could see them putting someone on the ropes come tourney time!

SC is playing well. LA played pretty good & only got a 11 point win at home. SC could very well pull an upset or two.

Cannon County Has Played Against 8 Many Nites. Last Nite was A Great Game For Cannon County. If Blevins was upset because of No Post Season Play Funny Way Of Showing It. Balling Your Fist Up and Taking A Swing No Way To Handle Flustration. BB Players are A Representation Of The Coaching Staff. It Seems  Cannon County Does Not Have That Problem. I Say Tack Another 2 Years On.

A team is a reflection of their coaching staff. That's why I'm proud weve got coach rigsby down here.