8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

1. York Institute

2. Livingston Academy

3. Upperman / Macon County

5. Smith County / Cannon County

7. Dekalb County

8. Murfreesboro Magnet

York only lost one key role player from last year, but returns 95% of their stats and the best player in the district.

Livingston returns a lot of talent, but lost key leadership/glue from last year. Very quick team.

Upperman has transfer from Celina and returns some key personnel.

Macon is solid and returns some good pieces.

Smith has a lot of very good young talent, but still a year away in my opinion.

Cannon arguably lost as much or more than anyone from last season. Still a threat.

Dekalb is better than last year I think but still in the lower half of the district.

Magnet will be improved but still has considerable ground to make up on everyone else.

Solid break down..obviously know a lot more then I do about all the teams. Gotta ask, what makes you see Cannon as "still a threat"? We lost a ton

Cannon lost a ton of talent in last years Senior class plus returning Junior post Tyler King that moved to West Tennessee, who would have been one of the top threats this year.

Will agree new kid at UHS  is a game changer for that team, however I don't see any top end college talent in this district ,maybe the big kid at York can play somewhere other than jr .college but other than that , I just don't see any significant college prospects, note i have not seen the new Uhs kid play yet, so the jury still out on him.

The new kid at UHS may not be eligible after the TSSAA passed the things they did yesterday. By the new rule if you have a link to the coach and transfer you are ineligible for 12 months. This kid does have a link he practiced and played with a team from Upperman that the coach from there run. Also made visits to Upperman while still enrolled at Clay Co. So we will see TSSAA needs to look into it. And I would bet they will.

The new kid at UHS may not be eligible after the TSSAA passed the things they did yesterday. By the new rule if you have a link to the coach and transfer you are ineligible for 12 months. This kid does have a link he practiced and played with a team from Upperman that the coach from there run. Also made visits to Upperman while still enrolled at Clay Co. So we will see TSSAA needs to look into it. And I would bet they will.

Those changes take effect for the '16-'17 school year, if I read it right.

Those changes take effect for the '16-'17 school year, if I read it right.

If it is the kid I'm thinking about, he played his middle school/8th grade ball at Corner Stone in Baxter. I saw a picture in the Herald-Citizen when they won the County championship. All of his team mates only came up to his shoulders.

Macon doesn't have a big man to compete with 6'7 kid from York or the 6'8 kid from Upperman. Also, I don't see Macon having the guard play to stay with LA. They have a good team coming back but not top end college bound players like UH, YI, and LA have.

There is no top end college talent in the district besides the obvious... Blevins. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is no top end college talent in the district besides the obvious... Blevins. 

Blevins isn't "top end" either, far from it actually. I'm not trying to knock the kid, but he's not even a D1 player on the TN Tech, Chattanooga, etc. level. He may be able to walk on at a program similar to the ones I just mentioned though.