8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

Blevins isn't "top end" either, far from it actually. I'm not trying to knock the kid, but he's not even a D1 player on the TN Tech, Chattanooga, etc. level. He may be able to walk on at a program similar to the ones I just mentioned though.

Blevins is absolutely D1 Material...No Question...6'8..Can Run..Jump..Shoot and Protect the Rim...What more do you want...He has interest from multiple high majors and a lot of mid majors...No Brainer

Of course Blevins has been offered by TTU- he is in their back yard. They would be dumb not to keep a kid with his skills close to them. 

I am not saying he is high D1 material but his has a mid-major ceiling that could get him an education.

Will it be the usual suspects fighting for 1st place this year? Can Macon County turn the corner and be #1 or will York and Upperman be there? Is Livingston going to take a step back this year and not be in the upper tier of 8AA? Has Smith County finally arrived to be considered a top team in 8AA after last years finish? Will Central ever get out of the basement? 

Of course Blevins has been offered by TTU- he is in their back yard. They would be dumb not to keep a kid with his skills close to them. 

I am not saying he is high D1 material but his has a mid-major ceiling that could get him an education.

Will it be the usual suspects fighting for 1st place this year? Can Macon County turn the corner and be #1 or will York and Upperman be there? Is Livingston going to take a step back this year and not be in the upper tier of 8AA? Has Smith County finally arrived to be considered a top team in 8AA after last years finish? Will Central ever get out of the basement?

Uh...mid-major is DI.

• 2 weeks later...

Well actually there is Low D1-Longwood University is an example, Mid-major D1-that would be TTU or ETSU, and then there is High D1- that would be SEC, ACC, etc...

Any questions?

Yeah..,I guess Butler & Gonzaga are mid-majors...right? I guess I should say Butler before they joined the Big East? Edited by Antwan

Actually any school that is not considered in the Power 5 schools is considered a mid-major school. I would say the level of competition that Gonzaga plays probably proves they are more than good enough to play with the Power 5 schools. 

Yes, even Butler is considered a mid-major before joining their current league and even now in their current league. It has less to do with who they play and more to do with the Power 5 conferences. (which is dominated by football)

Actually any school that is not considered in the Power 5 schools is considered a mid-major school. I would say the level of competition that Gonzaga plays probably proves they are more than good enough to play with the Power 5 schools. 

Yes, even Butler is considered a mid-major before joining their current league and even now in their current league. It has less to do with who they play and more to do with the Power 5 conferences. (which is dominated by football)

We are talking basketball...not football. By your definition...Marquette....Vliianova...Georgetown...Providence...and Xavier are mid-majors. That's silly.

It might sound silly bit that is actually how they define it. I am just telling you how it is looked at: since the Big East changed drastically would you say that it (as a whole conference) is considered a major basketball conference? (top to bottom now not just the top schools)

I am not saying it sounds right just that they look at everything through the profile of power conferences. 

It's my understanding that Blevins has committed to Tech. With basketball season just around the corner a lot of questions will be answered. So all of the I saw so and so play once or a friend of a friend said so and so is not that good or so and so is a beast will all be answered soon. Depending on what teams have major contributors playing football and how far the football team goes in the playoffs. It may take a bit more time to see how good those teams will be. First play dates are just  roughly a week away.

It might sound silly bit that is actually how they define it. I am just telling you how it is looked at: since the Big East changed drastically would you say that it (as a whole conference) is considered a major basketball conference? (top to bottom now not just the top schools)

I am not saying it sounds right just that they look at everything through the profile of power conferences.

Actually yes...they are probably better than the SEC.

Antwan, we will have to disagree on that. I don't think the Big East (currently) is a major conference as it was back in the day. Of that group you listed in your earlier post...only Villanova or Georgetown would be said to be anything close to upper level. JMO

I would take the SEC any day and all day- Missouri, Auburn, and Mississippi St. all had losing records vs. the schools of Marquette, Creighton, and Depaul. 

Yeah, I will take the SEC.

On a HS note...your boys at Smith Co. are sneaking up on anyone this year.....be honest how do you think they will be this year? I got em 3rd right now but I think they are right there because of the way they played MC and York last year.