Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

Point is Gary knew Alcoa was a 3A school. It is different when fans say it. A coach should just take the high road. When Alcoa clobbered Maryville in 2009 Quarles made no excuses.

People don't like Rankin because he tells the cold, hard truth, regardless of popular opinion. GQ saying he hoped he would compete in the 4th quarter against Alcoa made me laugh. I knew he didn't believe that, he was just being nice.

Rankin didn't waste much time after the game talking about the game itself and how his team got dominated, because he'd just be stating the obvious, LOL.

Both coaches are class acts, just in different ways. Good luck to the Red Rebels from here til December! I might try to make it to the game at West on Thursday.

Come on RR, Alcoa is like Maryville's little brother. We usually get beat up by you but we still fight anyway. When you beat us you want to beat us bad then you want to laugh and make fun of us and tell us you beat us bad. When we point out the obvious like how much bigger you are or you have an advantage you don't like it. You tell us we are just making excuses and we should just be quiet and take our beating. Honestly, thats just not that fun. I had hoped we could compete better but you guys were just too much for us. Now stop telling us we are making excuses because we don't loose the way you want us to.

REALLY!   You people make me sick... its either oh we are smaller or you should beat so leave us alone.  I looked to your sidelines and counted the number of players , similar in #s. And the 1s played each other until it was 34 - 7.  11 vs 11.    I get so tired of all your %^$#.  You guys are not the little brother you are the step child.  :roll:

REALLY! You people make me sick... its either oh we are smaller or you should beat so leave us alone. I looked to your sidelines and counted the number of players , similar in #s. And the 1s played each other until it was 34 - 7. 11 vs 11. I get so tired of all your %^$#. You guys are not the little brother you are the step child. :roll:

Good luck to you.

Can't play with the Big Boys should be a challenge from your opponents not a belief of your coach. I don't believe Alcoa can't compete because they are 3a. I worry more about Alcoa week than any other on our schedule. Glad Coach Quarles doesn't think that way, if he did he would tell our boys to expect a loss next year from WB because we won't be able to play against 6a talent as a 5a school.

Can't play with the Big Boys should be a challenge from your opponents not a belief of your coach. I don't believe Alcoa can't compete because they are 3a. I worry more about Alcoa week than any other on our schedule. Glad Coach Quarles doesn't think that way, if he did he would tell our boys to expect a loss next year from WB because we won't be able to play against 6a talent as a 5a school.

Classification doesn't mean anything in terms of how many players Alcoa has vs. how many Maryville has. Of course Rankin could play guys on just one side of the ball, BUT, that would keep him from playing his best athletes in certain positions. I guess technically speaking, number of players isn't the issue; number of ATHLETES is the issue.

Having said that, Maryville definitely runs the better system, and they have 1500 kids to choose from, so finding actual ATHLETES isn't as hard as it is at Alcoa. We have a lot of players, but not a whole lot of ATHLETES.