Gallatin 0-0 @ Springfield 1-0

runninblind

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Springfield go 2-0 !

They have improved, just not sure about their defense.....

we are much improved over the past two years.  Timmie Barbee is our playmaker that could play for ANY team in the state.  A LOT depends on how we start the game (we can't dig a hole for ourselves early) and how long our defense stays on the field.  We have to commit fewer penalties than last week and eliminate turnovers to have a chance. Coach Wilson has had the team in the weight room and it shows.   I see us losing by 8 to 14  points in a close game.  

If Gallatin comes into this game with both of their strong backs, and everybody healthy, I see them winning the game as the past couple years have went. But if not, I could see this one coming down to the wire. Go Green Wave

hope it is a well played game by both teams.  we didn't play as well as we can BUT we still won. This game tends to set the tone for our season.  see you Friday   

Springfield rarely has a lot of size compared to their opponents, but always have quick/fast personnel who are athletic. If they can get the fundamentals down as well as the mental (blown coverage/whatnot) they can play w/ anybody. Those are the aspects I would consider the strengths of this coaching staff. I know they are tough on players, I mind the yelling and all that stuff, when I played it was something we had to endure and IMO we were better for it, we didnt cry about it.....