Week 2: Oneida @ Wartburg

crow

You all sound a little like us,thin up front but skill positions are GREAT and we have really good leadership.This is the most speed we have had since 2012 team,but our line was better then.Our line is good when they want to against SW they didnt show then up at GP they played their butts off but we are still thin there.Sounds like niether one of us can afford an injury with the bigs or any for that matter.

Agreed we don't need any injuries. Big number 40 (TE / DE) has been out thus far but may be released today. He is a very big asset to not have for the last 2. Getting him back definitely improves our line play on both sides. We have a bunch of backs, pretty much all are back from last year. To give you an idea about numbers there last season we averaged 330 rushing per game but didn't have a single back break 500 for the season. We can't afford to lose any because of their roles on defense and they all contribute on offense, each has a role they are better at than others.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flaming Flap Jacks.......I've been out doing the Hunter/Nomad thing and just returned to civilization.  Plus that Peace Pipe must have had just a little too much Ju-Ju in it.  Anyway, OB just think of us as "The Lion Sleeps Tonite".....kinda finding their stride after two solid football programs played us tough.  I think I have the riddle solved but because I'm a genius....I can't pass on such knowledge to the general public. :thumb:

Oneida will win this game Friday because the Bulldogs won't be able to contain the Indian runners.  Hampton was a different animal altogether.  Maybe TL will let me call a play someday.....the old Plodarooski Play......sorry, too much Ju-Ju!!

Kaz

I am going to be honest with you(as i always am),i really expected a little different Indian team right now.You all have me a bit confused,i know RHS and HHS are always formidable apponents,but i had you all pinned as an eastern favorite and that very well could be still.With the talent you had in the reserve and the youth of your team i really thought you all would be tearing teams apart.Again with ALL DUE RESPECT i said this.I know the season is very young and that monster i have been worried about may just show up in a few weeks.Nevertheless it wont need to show up fri OHS rolls!Good luck.Also good luck to you pujo!

I'd say Oneida is one of the Eastern favorites,they will give any of these teams a good game. Hampton was really young last year as well, much better team this year. Oneida was without one of their beasts and when he returns,they'll be better day 1. Hampton was missing 2 key cogs. If these 2 teams can stay healthy and get the wounded back,either will be a tough out come playoff time. Marion and Grace both seem to be fairly loaded. If Trousdale ends up in the east someone is gonna go through a gauntlet,I'm sure Boyd will rebound and be a tough out also. This has the makings of a fun year.

The Durham kid for wartburg, Williams, and Thomas Carroll came out. I think they will get better as the season moves forward. They are trying to rebuild. Spurllin jones craigo are all tough kids. If they can get a scheme going that will work for them it should be a decent game but I think the Indians take us we don't have depth and fatigue will take a hold. Good luck bulldogs, and I pray both sides stay healthy

I'm seeing this one going good for a little bit until the Indians begin to seperate some by at least the 3rd qtr.  Look for the return of #40 soon....and he immediately inproves the Indians size up front although it should take him a bit to get in game shape.  Still you can't hide a kid with his size.  More later.

Kaz

I think, under the circumstances, we are fine at 1-1.  The GB game is looming large in the horizon, because it is always a good gauge of where we are  in the East.  They have a nice win on the resume against G-P.  I think the goal for the coaching staff is to keep the boys focused on the task at hand and Wartburg ain't just going to disappear quietly unless the Tribe imposes their will.  Rockwood reminded us that you gotta keep it out of someone elses hands and to make your own breaks.  Hampton  showed us that we can re-focus after suffering such a disappointing finish the week before.  My guess is if the Indians are ready to play, they should win by two or three touchdowns. (Note I said SHOULD....I'm fully aware of the 6-0 squeaker up there last time we were big favorites.

:thumb:  Kazilanoogity  :thumb: