Mark Packer is no longer on the air

lessur

MHS vs WB in the jamboree. Ridge went for two instead of kicking extra point. Beat us 15-14. Sideline and stands went absolutely crazy! You woulda thought they won the Super Bowl.

Why would GQ try to send a message for that, though? Whether it's a jamboree or not, isn't the goal to score more points than the other team?

I lived out of state for about 6 years. They do this same sort of local high school broadcast in lots of markets. There are productions that I liked better than Packers. This whole high and mighty "get a production company and do it yourself" stuff is comical. He is good at getting the sponsors and selling the games. I even like him as a sportscaster. I don't care for him at all as a play by play / color commentator (he seems to blur the two together).

Edited by Red Rebels

I lived out of state for about 6 years. They do this same sort of local high school broadcast in lots of markets. There are productions that I liked better than Packers. This whole high and mighty "get a production company and do it yourself" stuff is comical. He is good at getting the sponsors and selling the games. I even like him as a sportscaster. I don't care for him at all as a play by play / color commentator (he seems to blur the two together).

Agree totally and that was the point I was trying to make earlier, "trying to do too much at once". Not saying he doesn't do anything for the kids, (Which I seemed to help stir some up about) just that he is hard to follow sometimes. 

The point about getting your own production company and doing it yourself is directed at the petty "woe is me I just can't stand to listen to it" preening about how bad a job he does. He's a local yokel making a living doing something he enjoys. So, the comedic effect of my comment notwithstanding, if someone can do it better and there's a market for it then that better production would tend to out-compete Packer.

Edited by TomJoad

He's a local yokel making a living doing something he enjoys.

He is from Texas.

When you do comedy on Coach T, a lot gets lost in translation unless you use the little  :rolleyes:  smiley things or write foe knet ick lee. But don't ever end a post with, "I'm just sayin"

PS: I was trying to be lighthearted and did not intend to offend or belittle.

He is from Texas.

When you do comedy on Coach T, a lot gets lost in translation unless you use the little :rolleyes: smiley things or write foe knet ick lee. But don't ever end a post with, "I'm just sayin"

PS: I was trying to be lighthearted and did not intend to offend or belittle.

I didn't take offense at all. And my comedic talent is quite low. Local yokel in the sense that it's a local production not on a national stage and therefore shouldn't be judged by that standard.

Edit: Some do belittle his ability though and those are the ones who should see if they can do a better job.

Edited by TomJoad