Mark Packer is no longer on the air

lessur

Got no dog in the hunt, but I was at the scrimmage in question. Not a CC guy, not a Fulton guy. Justin and Matt are friends, as are guys on the Fulton staff.

CC drove the field on its first possession and scored.

From that point the offense really struggled. How long the 1s were in for CC is the big debate. While Jeffers only played in 3 or 4 series, there were players on the field most of the scrimmage for CC that were in the scrimmage early. I was in the press box with a roster in front of me and I do know quite a few names and numbers of the CC team from working a couple of their games and having Justin and Matt on the air with me multiple times.

The final score of the scrimage was 49-7.

Again, not passing judgement on anything either way. Just trying to present the Joe Friday here.

This is exact! Don't let the CC faithful talk it up! No contest but appreciate the work that we were able to get in.

You know what? Who have you played.? Now I'm not really a football guy, but when an obnoxious fan from a school that's got a good team gets on here and belittles every one, as not worthy, it pisses me off. Now this is a mark packer thread, if u want to start an obnoxious Fulton fan thread we can all debate there.

Also, why play all the cupcakes there mr. Fulton,? Schedule OakRidge and maryville if you want a game. They'll put you in your place real quick.

We play who we can schedule. Half of our schedule was drawn out of a hat! Right now, nobody wants to schedule us... Unlike what you are accustomed to where everybody wanted to play you for years. Again, I know that the luck will run out and we will eventually take our lumps again. Until then, strap up for real and let's see if it ends up 3-1 as you believe!

I very much agree with you, Crazy. Packer does a lot for local high school football. These perfectionists need to get their own production company and see if they can do better.

nobody says that he does not work hard 'for the kids' setting up these games....he is simply not a very good sports broadcaster

This is exact! Don't let the CC faithful talk it up! No contest but appreciate the work that we were able to get in.

HTV is one of the best on here. I talked to two different parents about this. Here's both there assessments.

CC took opening drive and went thru Fulton like a hot knife threw butter.

Fulton got the ball and went thru CC like a hot knife threw butter

CC got ball and kid dropped wide open TD pass.

Fulton got ball, see above

CC got ball and moved it but turned over on downs.

Fulton got ball, see above.

At this point it was 3-1 in scores.

Jv went in and Fulton scored 2-0.

Mixed freshman and Jv together and Fulton won 1-0.

Now that sounds like what I had heard all along. I'm certainly not saying CC would beat a perineal power like Fulton, but in a real game, I think they'd put some points up on Fulton for sure. But so would Fulton.

• 6 years later...
10 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Man, people are ungrateful.

Grateful for what? He exploits HS football players for profit and never pays royalties for his product. There has been a lot of Blount County advertising dollars go to WVLT because of the local teams. He’s a clown and wants to claim he’s media. He crossed the line Friday night, and now he’s taken the game away from Bradley Central.

• Like 1