UNION CITY HOSTS LAKE CO.

JDOGG80

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I THINK Union City is better than last year.Just called Chipper and told him I heard everything tonight about how in the world is Union city Single A with about 70 football players, 60 band members, about 4 ball girls, tractor trailer for the band .Union city has it going on.Great facilities, athletes galore.I heard it all tonight.But I still enjoy playing Union City myself.But just too much talent.Number 22, 6, 11, 2 and 42, the Henry Stud are as good as it gets, Union City is loaded.Hate them or whatever but they are the real deal and the score was 62 to 6 but could have been worse.I remember a few years ago Lake Co scored 60 points on Union City which may be the most points scored by a Single A team on Union city.I thought tonight was pay back time.Union City was up 54 to 6 and Union City got the ball back with about 20 seconds left and on about the 20 yard line, The way they were running the ball I think they very well would have scored again to make thr score about 60 to 6.But Union City took a knee, And then at thestart of the 3rd quarter he pulled his starters and went to only 7 minute quarters and the clock running.Union City never punted and think they could have sscored 80 points for sure and more than likely 90 to 100 points.So I, m thankful to the Union City coach and feel for the LC players but feel good for the players that are on the field with many going to other schools and only about 19 plsyers.I really think Lake Co has some talent but Union City is just that god, Dont think any Single A team will beat them and not sure many Double A teams would

Edited by mrbigster

Well Bigster it's not what we have as far as facilities or trucks that makes us 1A it's the number of students in our school system. UC has always had great support from the community and much of what you see comes from private donations. There are some very generous alumni who do a lot for the school. I appreciate your comments about our players and coaches. We have a big test next week with Huntingdon coming to town and our starters have yet to play 4 qtr. I think Coach Bowling left our starters on defense in to get some more game conditioning in before we play a full game against the Stangs. He did pull our starters on offense at the half.

Well Bigster it's not what we have as far as facilities or trucks that makes us 1A it's the number of students in our school system. UC has always had great support from the community and much of what you see comes from private donations. There are some very generous alumni who do a lot for the school. I appreciate your comments about our players and coaches. We have a big test next week with Huntingdon coming to town and our starters have yet to play 4 qtr. I think Coach Bowling left our starters on defense in to get some more game conditioning in before we play a full game against the Stangs. He did pull our starters on offense at the half.

Have you guys even thrown a pass yet?

I remember about 4 or 5. We threw against D-burg and Kenzie and we threw one tonight. We didn't get a chance against GC. We tried to throw it more tonight but couldn't get the qb enough time. LC was sending the house to stop the run and the qb held the ball a little too long. So yes we have thrown it some.

OK...So UC pretty much knew they were going to blow out GC and LC....They were really ticked off by some comments a coach from McKenzie made last season after the Rebels beat them for their only loss so they were very focused for that game and it ended in a big blow-out...So basically we really haven't even seen how good Union City really is yet...Huntingdon is a rival and a program with a lot of pride...Will they push the Tornadoes ??...We will see next Friday..As far as getting tired of blow-outs, I never get tired of them....I hope we don't have a close game all season....