DB at Volunteer.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... I really wish you would limit your loser mentality to your own team. I know you believe that Boone doesn't stand a snowballs chance against DB and The Hill, but we don't all think we should be riding in that same boat with you. FYI - THS lose to DB and The Hill by a combined total of 3 points. I'm just sayin...

3 points a minute.

You know... I really wish you would limit your loser mentality to your own team. I know you believe that Boone doesn't stand a snowballs chance against DB and The Hill, but we don't all think we should be riding in that same boat with you. FYI - THS lose to DB and The Hill by a combined total of 3 points last season. I'm just sayin...

Cap, I thought we both used 12 ounce gloves and tried extra hard to go easy.I've not been called a boy (unless it was in a friendly way) since I was the only white boy who had the nads back in the early seventies to walk into the neighborhood and play basketball. After some dam hard trips walking two miles out of my way home and playing games that were just like the longest yard movie , I made friends that have had my back in many unlikely situations over the last several decades.

You know... I really wish you would limit your loser mentality to your own team. I know you believe that Boone doesn't stand a snowballs chance against DB and The Hill, but we don't all think we should be riding in that same boat with you. FYI - THS lose to DB and The Hill by a combined total of 3 points. I'm just sayin...

Sorry Cap, I agree, THS is typically much closer to the top than the rest.    To the Volunteer poster's point,  we just have to use the DB/SH games to try and improve by playing much better teams.

Wrong triple D and Blazer.Anytime you step onto a football field you have a chance to win.Just ask Mcminn county, they were 40 points worse then DB on any night except one.

Batman, Id like to think that is true but lets be real.  Volunteer football is not McMinn Co. football. Nowhere close.  Id love to see an upset but you know and i know it's not happening.

Now if it was a playoff game we might have a shot. :roflol:  Just kiddin. 

Triple, when you said playoff game on a Volunteer thread, I knew you were kidding !

Yeah  you got that right.  The only playoff games that Volunteer goes to are DB, South and Gate City games. :rolleyes:      maybe they will get to play in one again one of these days.  They make it to the playoffs about once every decade. I'm 52. I'm running out of chances to see it again. :huh:

Yeah  you got that right.  The only playoff games that Volunteer goes to are DB, South and Gate City games. :rolleyes:      maybe they will get to play in one again one of these days.  They make it to the playoffs about once every decade. I'm 52. I'm running out of chances to see it again. :huh:

Triple:     Volunteer got to round 2 in 2007, so hang on for 3 more years.        Also, to all the one-and-done guys, in 1998 DB was 14 points away from being in Cookeville, that is closer than any other Tri-cities team has come in the last 40 years.

This would be the year to make it. Already 2-0. Boone and Cherokee down. Wins over DC and Central. Don't know about Abington? 6 wins most likely gets Volunteer dancing. Hope you make it.