DB at Volunteer.

Triple:     Volunteer got to round 2 in 2007, so hang on for 3 more years.        Also, to all the one-and-done guys, in 1998 DB was 14 points away from being in Cookeville, that is closer than any other Tri-cities team has come in the last 40 years.

Yeah  I was at that game. Beat THS in a thriller. Viking fans were stunned. Then we proceeded to get hammered the next week at Greeneville. Still a great moment for Falcon fans. they are definetly few and far between. My sons team at Volunteer made it in 02. Played a very good THS team that year.My son was a sophomore, playing free safety. I remember he had a collision with his cousin Bart McMillan (all-state linebacker and part time wrecking ball fullback) at the goal line. It was not pretty :wacko: .   High School football is about cool memories like that.  All joking aside, good luck to all these kids.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with most DB threads this one has gone around the world and back.     So back to the game...  we know DB is heavily favored, but what would it take for the Falcons to win?      If Volunteer played a perfect game would that be enough to pull off the upset?     A perfect game being defined as:

-  No penalties

-  No missed tackles (like trying to arm tackle instead of wrapping up)

-  No turnovers

-  No snapping the ball over the QB's head

-  No confusion on what play to call or which defense in which to align

-  No catchable passes dropped

-  No shanked punts

-  etc.

Or is DB just so loaded that even all the above would still fall short?

As with most DB threads this one has gone around the world and back.     So back to the game...  we know DB is heavily favored, but what would it take for the Falcons to win?      If Volunteer played a perfect game would that be enough to pull off the upset?     A perfect game being defined as:

-  No penalties

-  No turnovers

-  No shanked punts

-  etc.

I can guarantee you DB will be guilty of five of those. So If Volunteer passes that test they have a chance for sure. I think Volunteer has a pretty decent team this year. Might even beat Tennessee High again.

-  No penalties

-  No turnovers

-  No shanked punts

-  etc.

And the bus breaks down in Mt Carmel and they have to run to the game. :roflol:  Play hard Falcons. the learning experiences from playing good teams make you better as the season goes along.

You will see several more Triple.When they go to the new setup, it should give Volunteer, Crockett and Central a much better chance

Based on last year's numbers Crockett will still be 5A in a region with Boone, Mo' West and Mo' East.  Volunteer would be the largest 4A school, but with numbers that close...things could change.

I also heard something interesting on one of the Tricities stations.  Scott Wilmoth, I believe, mentioned that Sevier County was expected to lose around 600 students over a 4 year period due to a new school being built.

Edited by THSVikings2004

I'd say about 3% or less of the coacht members have a flawless grammar record without any mistakes of any kind.It's awful hard to never hit the wrong spot on these smart phones or a keyboard, but those smart guys seem to do it every time.It's amazing really, even if they don't know anything about football.I guess the other 97% could use a spellchecker to compensate, but I'm thinking they probably could give a dinosaur shet like myself.

Based on last year's numbers Crockett will still be 5A in a region with Boone, Mo' West and Mo' East. Volunteer would be the largest 4A school, but with numbers that close...things could change.

I also heard something interesting on one of the Tricities stations. Scott Wilmoth, I believe, mentioned that Sevier County was expected to lose around 600 students over a 4 year period due to a new school being built.

Cocke County will also be a part of that 5A district. I believe the new Sevier county school is being built somewhere around Kodak.

Cocke County used to be a team years ago that you just didn't want to play.I don't know what happened for years but was told they couldn't get their best players to play the game.I haven't been keeping up with them but I bet the right staff could go in there and build a real program.I used to go to Newport all the time and liked the people but it was a different place on Friday nights when you went in there to play football against them.