DB at Volunteer.

Cocke County used to be a team years ago that you just didn't want to play.I don't know what happened for years but was told they couldn't get their best players to play the game.I haven't been keeping up with them but I bet the right staff could go in there and build a real program.I used to go to Newport all the time and liked the people but it was a different place on Friday nights when you went in there to play football against them.

The two times I saw them in the last 20 years or so, their name was real indicative of their attitude and sportsmanship.  But I guess I shouldn't paint with such a broad brush...most schools have a few of those types every now and then.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two times I saw them in the last 20 years or so, their name was real indicative of their attitude and sportsmanship.  But I guess I shouldn't paint with such a broad brush...most schools have a few of those types every now and then.

They probably mellowed a bunch from the last time I played there.Newport use to be a place that you better not start none if you don't want a bunch in return.On Friday nights you had some of the meanest hombres around show up at the games.It was nothing to get rocked,egged,or have a drunk try to pick a fight,and that was as a player on one trip.That was my favorite trip as a high school athlete.It's easy to forget a loss or a win but you never forget something that exciting.They probably serve caviar at the concessions now days.

The game between our 9th and Souths 9th and 10th probably will not start until around 6:00 today @ J Fred.It should be a tough one.

I'm not understanding this. South typically has Freshman, JV, and Varsity games. Has something changed this year? The only times I've seen 10th graders added is when they were playing teams like Greeneville who don't have a true Freshman only team. I see that only Freshman and Varsity games are on the web site schedule this year for some reason.

Edited by RebRaider85