Maryville, Fulton, and Morning Sports Talk

GovMan

Well if you looked at who started the thread and the first few post you would've seen we covered that it was in the improper thread and was started by a troll. And of course we are going to talk about our team especially when ppl who clearly were not at the game make post and talk down about kids playing football. It was 70-0 In the 1st half. So got the ball inside our 30 3 times on top of 3 non offensive tds that's 42 alone right there. Our qbs Were 5-10 with 4 tds in the 1st half. So what would you have did different? Take a knee on 1st n 2nd then punt on 3rd right? That's worse than running it up in my book.

Blah, blah, blah....like I said, I guess Fulton really is the best team in the history of the world.  Glad they have you and Ranger7 (who started a separate thread on the 5A/6A board to let us all know how great the team and, I guess by extension, the fans, are) to scream it from the mountaintops.  Maybe if you are really really good for a really really long period of time, you will learn to act like you been there before.  Enjoy the season - best wishes to your team!

Blah, blah, blah....like I said, I guess Fulton really is the best team in the history of the world. Glad they have you and Ranger7 (who started a separate thread on the 5A/6A board to let us all know how great the team and, I guess by extension, the fans, are) to scream it from the mountaintops. Maybe if you are really really good for a really really long period of time, you will learn to act like you been there before. Enjoy the season - best wishes to your team!

Lol smart!

No problem with the starters playing the entire first half. They practice as much as the rest and earn the right to play a half. If the opponent can not do anything about then the score will be what it is.

Well I agree with this but that Isn't what George does ... most games when Maryville has scored 21 in first qtr , George is already well on his way with the 2nd string , and I have seen games where the 1st String doesn't touch the field in the 2nd qtr , let alone the second half . I know there's some games where everything just goes wrong with a Bad team ... 2011 against Heritage was like that , Maryville played everybody on the team , including kids I had no idea who they were , I don't know if it was just Heritage Quitting or what ,  but that Game ended up 69-6 , and that score even upset one of our current posters before he had consumed enough Kool Aide !! Lol , That game was about the worst I've ever seen a Quarles team beat anyone , and for the people who stayed till the end they know George was calling runs straight up the middle with 3rd or 4th stringers who couldn't be tackled . Now if that was the case the first 2 games for Fulton ... then I understand totally .... but's it's really hard for me to believe that Fulton had 2 Total Train wreck games in a Row like Maryville did in 2011 . 

I can't tell you Fulton fans just how many times I have seen Maryville beat a Team 35-7 or 42-7 ... Maryville could of Named the score on several occasions and could of easily scored 100 pts a few times during George Quarles Reign . I'll be the first one to admit there's lots of times I wish George would put a few more scores on the Board before he calls the Dogs off .... but then after I've had time to calm down a little , I realize just how Glad I am that we have such a Classy individual as Coach George Quarles running our Program , and not me . Coach Quarles has no problem losing in a Jamboree or a Scrimmage game when he's using those situations as a learning experience for some of the younger guys . George can set his ego aside a lot better than I ever could , no doubt . I'm sure the 80 something scores are the reason I'm now hearing from all of my Knoxville buddies at work just how bad Fulton would beat Maryville . On Oct 24th when Maryville plays Bearden , I can Promise you right now the score will not be 84-0 .... and I'm sure my buddies at work will say see we beat em by 84 , you just beat em by --- .... I guess I'll just Smile and tell them ... you know what , I think we'll just keep this Quarles guy around anyway ... LOL .

You hit the nail on the head, pepvol. :thumb: GQ is the epitome of class...he could beat a lot of teams by 100, but he has never let it get too out of hand.

I'm not a Fulton basher by any means, though, and I don't have a problem with their first two games. I just think that GQ is the best around, on and off the field.

In my opinion, life is too short and there are way too many quality alternatives out there to waste one's time listening to the crud that emanates from that crowd. It's neither informed, which could at least hold the promise of being informative, nor is it entertaining -- unless the ridiculousness of it all elicits a chuckle.

I miss the Heather what's-her-name poster on here from 6 or 7 years ago. Those posts and weekly picks were truly entertaining. 

In a way I hate to even bring it up because it provides the "banter" they so crave. The old gospel song says "turn your radio on" but in this instance I suggest turning it off -- silence is especially golden in this era -- or at least hitting "scan".

Edited by Cletus