Maryville, Fulton, and Morning Sports Talk

GovMan

I don't see where any fan has been bragging anywhere regarding the score. Care to share a couple of places that I can look to find it?

"Is Fulton the best team in east Tn right now? I think so.."  Ranger7 in starting a thread on 4A Fulton 5A/6A board

"It doesn't matter where you post it .. They are relevant in any class.. Speaking of which. Since your Single-A team Got blown out what are you doing Trolling on the 5A/6 A Theads?"

"Almost forgot, let's face it. Fulton Could go to Nashville or Chattanooga or even ky to play 3 time a year. BUT there's not a lot of travel money floating around the school. So some of the better teams in east TN should step up. I'm not meaning to be disrespectful, but Fulton as never been a team to shy away from a game." Ktownfootball, implying that programs such as Alcoa and Maryville are "afraid" to schedule Fulton 

"I shouldn't say this but I will... We would walk through your schedule as well! Any questions??"  Knoxvul

"Who cares what Oak Ridge does. Besides, You need to be more worried about keeping the UT Vols out of jail. Now, Re: those powerhouse teams that u mentioned.. Webb a powerhouse? Are u serious? I'm glad that you think so. Alcoa a powerhouse? Maybe down in single A..BTW-Don't pat your self too hard on the back there Pepvol.. I mean u beat a single A team.. Woo!! And West? I'm not from this area.. Who are they? That is all." Ranger7 again

That's just a sampling.  As annoying as the braggadocio is the disrespect shown for other great programs and the barely-veiled implication that Fulton would beat the crap out of anyone if only those other programs weren't so afraid of them.

Edited by RedRobin1

"Is Fulton the best team in east Tn right now? I think so.." Ranger7 in starting a thread on 4A Fulton 5A/6A board

"It doesn't matter where you post it .. They are relevant in any class.. Speaking of which. Since your Single-A team Got blown out what are you doing Trolling on the 5A/6 A Theads?"

"Almost forgot, let's face it. Fulton Could go to Nashville or Chattanooga or even ky to play 3 time a year. BUT there's not a lot of travel money floating around the school. So some of the better teams in east TN should step up. I'm not meaning to be disrespectful, but Fulton as never been a team to shy away from a game." Ktownfootball, implying that programs such as Alcoa and Maryville are "afraid" to schedule Fulton

"I shouldn't say this but I will... We would walk through your schedule as well! Any questions??" Knoxvul

"Who cares what Oak Ridge does. Besides, You need to be more worried about keeping the UT Vols out of jail. Now, Re: those powerhouse teams that u mentioned.. Webb a powerhouse? Are u serious? I'm glad that you think so. Alcoa a powerhouse? Maybe down in single A..BTW-Don't pat your self too hard on the back there Pepvol.. I mean u beat a single A team.. Woo!! And West? I'm not from this area.. Who are they? That is all." Ranger7 again

That's just a sampling. As annoying as the braggadocio is the disrespect shown for other great programs and the barely-veiled implication that Fulton would beat the crap out of anyone if only those other programs weren't so afraid of them.

And if you would have searched a little further back you would have seen where I actually stated that I don't think we beat Maryville.

If Maryville and Fulton were to play a game my thoughts are the Rebels winning because of GQ. I personally think West and Fulton would be a good ball game also. To many Maryville teams have won games against some of the speediest teams loaded with SEC players in the championship games for me to believe otherwise. There is no doubt Fulton has a great team but they also came so close against Catholic last year that a smart team can expose all their weaknesses and yes they have them just like Maryville does.

Well I agree with this but that Isn't what George does ... most games when Maryville has scored 21 in first qtr , George is already well on his way with the 2nd string , and I have seen games where the 1st String doesn't touch the field in the 2nd qtr , let alone the second half . I know there's some games where everything just goes wrong with a Bad team ... 2011 against Heritage was like that , Maryville played everybody on the team , including kids I had no idea who they were , I don't know if it was just Heritage Quitting or what , but that Game ended up 69-6 , and that score even upset one of our current posters before he had consumed enough Kool Aide !! Lol , That game was about the worst I've ever seen a Quarles team beat anyone , and for the people who stayed till the end they know George was calling runs straight up the middle with 3rd or 4th stringers who couldn't be tackled . Now if that was the case the first 2 games for Fulton ... then I understand totally .... but's it's really hard for me to believe that Fulton had 2 Total Train wreck games in a Row like Maryville did in 2011 .

I can't tell you Fulton fans just how many times I have seen Maryville beat a Team 35-7 or 42-7 ... Maryville could of Named the score on several occasions and could of easily scored 100 pts a few times during George Quarles Reign . I'll be the first one to admit there's lots of times I wish George would put a few more scores on the Board before he calls the Dogs off .... but then after I've had time to calm down a little , I realize just how Glad I am that we have such a Classy individual as Coach George Quarles running our Program , and not me . Coach Quarles has no problem losing in a Jamboree or a Scrimmage game when he's using those situations as a learning experience for some of the younger guys . George can set his ego aside a lot better than I ever could , no doubt . I'm sure the 80 something scores are the reason I'm now hearing from all of my Knoxville buddies at work just how bad Fulton would beat Maryville . On Oct 24th when Maryville plays Bearden , I can Promise you right now the score will not be 84-0 .... and I'm sure my buddies at work will say see we beat em by 84 , you just beat em by --- .... I guess I'll just Smile and tell them ... you know what , I think we'll just keep this Quarles guy around anyway ... LOL .

Pep, This

post is way too long.. Please keep in mind that you have a lot of young whippersnappers on here with no attention span..

Edited by Ranger7

So I've been listening to Doc, Jeff, & Heather this a.m. (Thursday) and so far here's what I've taken away:

• Heather says that "there have been some teams that have talked trash about Marvyille in the past" and as a result "Coach Quarles has ran up the score on them." {She didn't give any specific incidents}
  • At some point, Fulton players challenged Maryville to a scrimmage, but Maryville refused. (from a caller)
  • Campbell County competed very well with Fulton in a pre-season scrimmage, matching them score-for-score. (from a caller)
  • A few years back, Maryville was playing South Doyle and was lining up to attempt a field goal at the end of the first half (up 3 scores). The Rebels jumped off side, the SD fans got rowdy, so George sent in his offense after the penalty and threw a long touchdown class -- proving he will "jack up the score". (from a caller "Buddy")
  • Heather doesn't like it because neither Maryville nor Fulton will play teams from the Chattanooga area or the middle Tennessee area. She stated, "California high school teams fly places to play other teams, so why can't Maryville or Fulton?"
Interesting morning I thought!

Here's my one legitimate thought I have about Fulton scoring 80+ the past two weeks. I keep hearing folks defend Fulton by saying they "just can't help it." And lots of good reasons are given. But in the past few years, with the talent Maryville has had and considering some of the opponents they've faced (my Governors included), WHY have Maryville never put up 80? The Rebels had 66 last year against WB, and that's the highest I remember them scoring in a while. Would it not make sense with some of the talent, depth disparity over the years, that Maryville would have had one of these 80+ nights if indeed "it's just impossible not to?" Or is Fulton at a different level than even Maryville has been? Serious question.

Heather is a clueless. How she still has a job there blows my mind. Can not stand her voice

Pep, This

post is way too long.. Please keep in mind that you have a lot of young whippersnappers on here with no attention span..

Yet I know that you read every word , maybe even 2 or 3 times Bladerunner , trying to find something to pick at ... you have always been my little Well behaved Puppy dog and you always come running .

RedRobin , Ranger7 is Bladerunner and You probably know of his complete obsession with Maryville , and this is just another attempt at taking a dig at Maryville ... pretty pathetic for a Middle aged Man who Played for a team with great tradition and History , Oak Ridge . You don't usually see someone from a School like Oak Ridge take the Troll route , but I guess that's what makes Ranger7 - Bladerunner so Special ! LOL 

Yet I know that you read every word , maybe even 2 or 3 times Bladerunner , trying to find something to pick at ... you have always been my little Well behaved Puppy dog and you always come running .

RedRobin , Ranger7 is Bladerunner and You probably know of his complete obsession with Maryville , and this is just another attempt at taking a dig at Maryville ... pretty pathetic for a Middle aged Man who Played for a team with great tradition and History , Oak Ridge . You don't usually see someone from a School like Oak Ridge take the Troll route , but I guess that's what makes Ranger7 - Bladerunner so Special ! LOL

He's special that's for sure. Lol
  • Upvote 1

I was just trying to help, Pep.. And then y talk down to me like I am-Bladerunner. Edited by Ranger7