Union City High School Boys Team

uctfan

Union City leads CBC-St.Louis  14-7 after one ....

Union City goes into the locker room up 28-23....

Down the stretch they go...

Union City leads 45-44 after three....

Union City holds on for a 62-60 win....

UC improves to 16-1....Will play the host school, Poplar Bluff, tomorrow night at 6:30 pm for the championship...

Stockdale led UC once again with 23pts and 7rebs...Deberry had 16pts and Simpson had 12pts...

UC shot only 18-29 free throws...Almost cost them at the end...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Union City leads CBC-St.Louis  14-7 after one ....

Union City goes into the locker room up 28-23....

Down the stretch they go...

Union City leads 45-44 after three....

Union City holds on for a 62-60 win....

UC improves to 16-1....Will play the host school, Poplar Bluff, tomorrow night at 6:30 pm for the championship...

Congrats, seems like you fellers are on a mission. I'm impressed.

• Upvote 1

Poplar Bluff capsule per semoball....

Coach: William Durden

6-2 * Poplar Bluff, Mo.

Showdown history: 2013 (3rd), '12 (3rd), '11 (7th)

Notes: Poplar Bluff's only championship in the tournament came in 2004 when the Mules won the second of their consecutive state titles. ...Patrick Tillman was named to the all-tournament team last year. ... The Mules opened with a 5-point loss to Westside (Ark.) then won five straight before a 73-66 loss to New Madrid Central in the championship game of the SEMO Conference Tournament. ... The Mules also won a tournament at DeSoto.

The Mules are ranked #7 in 4A in the latest MBCA Poll (Dec.28)...Current record 8-2

Union City is 2-0 vs Poplar Bluff in this tournament beating the Mules in 05-06 (66-61) and 06-07 (70-55)...The Tornadoes are 12-5 in six trips to the Showdown...

Poplar Bluff H-S is where both Tyler Hansbrough and Ben Hansbrough prepped...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Dont give that state championship to Mitchell just yet. UC is showing everyone that they are the real deal as they find themselves in the championship game in Poplar Bluff and have beaten some good teams. Like I said before this year it could be UC vs. Mitchell for the title this year. Get them away from their gym I like our odds to bringing number 6 back. But we still got a lot of season left so first thing first lets bring home a championship trophy from poplar bluff. Good luck guys.

I've been looking for video of UC and not fortunate enough to have found anything...I hope to get a chance to watch them soon. Having played Mitchell at the 'boro, I can only imagine how much improved they are this season. If UC can play with them, well, that's a game I won't miss if it comes to be. Best of luck to UC and hope all stay healthy.

I've been looking for video of UC and not fortunate enough to have found anything...I hope to get a chance to watch them soon. Having played Mitchell at the 'boro, I can only imagine how much improved they are this season. If UC can play with them, well, that's a game I won't miss if it comes to be. Best of luck to UC and hope all stay healthy.

Union City played them a good game in Mitchell last year in the sub-state game...