LC Falcons make history

Duckbutterbandit

For the first time in the schools history the Lincoln Co. Falcons LOSE 7 games in a season. I know Louis can coach but I sure wish he would go back to the ways of the BEAR and run off some of these gangsta wanabes. They are killing the tradition of the Falcons. If we're going to lose, lets loose with kids that will give 100+%. Some of these kids we are keeping on the team may be keeping better kids from participating. All they'll do is end up on the streets of Fayetteville anyway so why put up with them? Get rid of them and let's get back to Falcon football! I don't want to call names or numbers but there's only a couple to start with. Lincoln C. is so much better than they ended. They were underachievers! They could have been so much better. I hope Louis stays and rededicates himself and reavaluates his coaching staff and comes back to coach the way I know that he can. Lincoln Co. 0 Riverdale 26 :(;):):):D:):D:):):(

[Edited by Duckbutterbandit on 11-8-02 9:44P]

[Edited by Duckbutterbandit on 11-8-02 9:46P]

Wow! Those are some tough words about some high school kids! Let's give these kids a break...I mean they bust their butts EVERY week for this town and this school. Sure I agree, the LC tradition has lost some of it's shine, but come on...these are high school kids! I think Coach Thompson does a heck of a job, and so does his staff! I know the season was a roller coaster, but I am still a Falcon, and I always will...whether it is 7 losses in a season or a state championship!!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!!

The streets of Fayetteville? When did Fayetteville become an urban inner city?

Posted by Duckbutterbandit:

For the first time in the schools history the Lincoln Co. Falcons LOSE 7 games in a season. I know Louis can coach but I sure wish he would go back to the ways of the BEAR and run off some of these gangsta wanabes. They are killing the tradition of the Falcons. If we're going to lose, lets loose with kids that will give 100+%. Some of these kids we are keeping on the team may be keeping better kids from participating. All they'll do is end up on the streets of Fayetteville anyway so why put up with them? Get rid of them and let's get back to Falcon football! I don't want to call names or numbers but there's only a couple to start with. Lincoln C. is so much better than they ended. They were underachievers! They could have been so much better. I hope Louis stays and rededicates himself and reavaluates his coaching staff and comes back to coach the way I know that he can. Lincoln Co. 0 Riverdale 26 :(:););):D:D:D :D :D:D

[Edited by Duckbutterbandit on 11-8-02 9:44P]

[Edited by Duckbutterbandit on 11-8-02 9:46P]

Guest LCFalcons5n5

It's not the kids as much as it is the coaches. I've been saying for a few years now, but no one wants to believe me, Louis Thompson is an OVERRATED coach. He had good assistants in the past doing the coaching for him. All he had to do was smile for the paper and the Falcon Club. Now that he has to do the coaching, we're getting the see how good he really is.

How dare you blame the outcome of the season on the coaches. I am not saying the coaches are not somewhat at fault, but the majority of players on the Falcon football team lack maturity and heart. The majority appeared to be unaffected after each loss this season. They did not care that they had a losing season. They did not care that they gave numerous teams multiple points on the scoreboard from Falcon mistakes (the coaches did not make the mistakes on the field - it was the players!). Don't get me wrong, not all Falcon football players have the attitude described above; we were fortunate to have some wonderful boys on the team. Yes, I do believe the coaches as a whole need to reevalute the play books and their philosophy of coaching. The season is over, it ended. Yes, I am disappointed, but I am also proud because I am a Falcon fan. That is what a true fan has - pride - for their team.

Now all of you know that if for some strange reason you had won the game last night, or even won state, you would have been on here speaking high praise for Coach Thompson. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me...by the way, where's Falcon4? I remember the score you said to remember..but I don't understand why you wanted us to remember it, cause it sure wasn't right. A phrase comes to mind... "fair weather fans"...

[Edited by rhinob59 on 11-9-02 11:02A]

Your description of Coach Thompson is wrong. He is a wonderful man with a great spirit and heart. Unless you are out on the field coaching the players, I do not believe you have any right to criticize. He still does have some good assistants coaches that he is proud to have on his coaching staff.

Guest region4fan

Look guys, this is not my battle, but that has never stopped me before. Now is not the time to cast blame and point fingers. There are players that are crushed right now and they need your support and understanding. You people on here are the reason that kids stop trusting their coaches and start second guessing everything. It is time for the player that dropped the pass that was wide open or the player that fumbled to accept the fact that they messed up. We are becoming a world that casts the blame everywhere but on ourselves.It is so easy to pinpoint the coach. When parents who are supposed to be "all-knowing" to their child bashes the coach , it confuses the child. They are supposed to be guided by their parent so their parent must be right. So the coach is then stupid in the eyes of the child. Then the parent has created anomisity for that team. That causes the break that defeats your squad. I don't care how impartial a coach is...when a parent is constantly riding his back...it is hard t o not take it out on the kid. You people in Lincoln County need to do some serious evaluating of yourselves. You are not helping this team with your criticism.

So are you saying that people are commin in and ruining the tradition and are going to start selling dope??? If they would have won would you be looking to relocate them??? Sometimes you go through hard times, thats no reason to go crazy. I bet the "gangster" wannabees in LC aren't very scary and you are just over-exagerrating about two kids with braids in their hair.

Guest footballdad

It's been a while since I looked onto Coach T. After the Riverdale loss it was hard to think of football. I agree with you on the kids accepting responsibility for the way they play and not play. I happen to know that several kids on the LC team did and always have accepted responsibility for the way they play the game, and not blame the coaches, including the one that dropped the pass that would have scored and not left LC shutout that night. That particular kid felt like he let his team and his coaches down that night, even though there was only approx. 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I've been watching Louis Thompson coach for the last 11 years and I still think of him as one heck of a coach. The kids just need to get back to the weight room, get faster and stronger, and come back next season with heads and hearts for the game. They've got the talent, but having heart and a sense of being a "team" is what they definitely lack in. Yes, quit blaming the coaches and staff. And parents need to remember that when your kid is part of a team, you're a part of that same team, so your support is needed as well! LC Fans are the best!