YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE

Buddha14

huh?????

Mr. Madison, what you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison

Mr. Madison, what you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison

Haha....love that movie

I will disagree on this one. We played Boyd and they are talented. We were able to tire them out. They are the only team with the exception of Grace that consistantly drove the ball on us. McMinn County relied on big plays.

I'm pretty sure Polk moved the ball pretty well. Even your radio broadcast crew saud they were pretty much doing what they wanted to. Just turnovers killed them.

I think this is a Boyd team that isn't that scary(probably first time since 1998). I think at the very least CB goes 8-2 and gets to start the Playoffs at home(probably against South Pittsburg)

Copper Basin will go 6-4. They will lose big to Marion and lose at Boyd. CB and SP will be a great game if we play this year. Too average 1A teams.

To use an example from my own school. Unaka in 2005 I think it was. We literally scheduled 3-4 out of state games with the worst teams we could find. Our region was already weak except for Cloudland. We beat everyone but Cloudland and they blew us out. We went 9-1 the papers had us as a top 10 team in the state. First playoff game at home, we get blown out. Our record was in no way an indication of our talent. We weren't a top 30 team let alone top 10.

I know it doesn't matter, but I want to correct you alittle. It was 2004 actually. And they didn't go out with the intention of racking up a bunch of wins either. When the schedule was made 2 years earlier, Unaka was like 5-35 the prior 4 years. So the went out with the intent of playing teams closer then their talent level. Well in 03, we got a few wins with that schedule, and in 04, the talent actually decided to come out and play football. And we didn't get blown out by Coalfied. It was a 14-7 game at the start of the 4th quarter. They went on to the state semi-finals. No shame there.

Now back on topic. No, records don't mean much in high school football. Example. Oakdale is 5-0. South Pittsburg is 2-3. I bet SP would beat Oakdale by 2-3 TD's.

I remember 2004, rangerbook. 90 percent of the creekers fans were drinking the kool-aide, and they were ready to hang Doug Fritz for picking them to lose to 2-3 cloudland. They brought several hundred fans before 6:00 and their players strutted on the field. I made it a point to sit up top on the ranger side cause I knew what was gonna happen. Some drunk creekers were telling me "wait til no 1 breaks one, he can fly!!" He never got out of the backfield the whole game lol. I have to admit and I know I've been a jerk through the years, but that was one of my most satisfying moments ever as a fan

I remember 2004, rangerbook. 90 percent of the creekers fans were drinking the kool-aide, and they were ready to hang Doug Fritz for picking them to lose to 2-3 cloudland. They brought several hundred fans before 6:00 and their players strutted on the field. I made it a point to sit up top on the ranger side cause I knew what was gonna happen. Some drunk creekers were telling me "wait til no 1 breaks one, he can fly!!" He never got out of the backfield the whole game lol. I have to admit and I know I've been a jerk through the years, but that was one of my most satisfying moments ever as a fan

We came into the game with our heads up our butts. Most of us thought we were gonna roll in and gey an easy W. Did not play well at all. I would venture to say if you were to take those teams and put them on a field together with Unaka playing like we were capable of, we would have probably won that game 4, MAYBE 5 times out of 10.

We played our best ball at the end of the season that year. After we nearly lost @ Oakdale, we got it together and beat a darn good play-off bound Big Creek WV team and then gave Coalfield a heck of a game for 3+ quarters. We certainly weren't the 7th best team in the state that year, and I knew that, but with our heads screwed on straight, we could at least play with any public 1A school that year. That was the year of the privates. BoydBuc, DCA, and USJ were killer that season.

I know it doesn't matter, but I want to correct you alittle. It was 2004 actually. And they didn't go out with the intention of racking up a bunch of wins either. When the schedule was made 2 years earlier, Unaka was like 5-35 the prior 4 years. So the went out with the intent of playing teams closer then their talent level. Well in 03, we got a few wins with that schedule, and in 04, the talent actually decided to come out and play football. And we didn't get blown out by Coalfied. It was a 14-7 game at the start of the 4th quarter. They went on to the state semi-finals. No shame there.

Now back on topic. No, records don't mean much in high school football. Example. Oakdale is 5-0. South Pittsburg is 2-3. I bet SP would beat Oakdale by 2-3 TD's.

Without a doubt. You are correct sir.

I think the verdict here is that if you're undefeated then you're undefeated. If you have losses then you have losses. Just because you have a better record doesn't mean that you're better than another team. These games aren't played on paper, we actually line up and play until there is one team left. Oakdale is mentioned a lot in this thread. The thing with them is that they're 5-0 and were on 2-3 at this point last year against the same schedule and they've avenged all 3 of those losses on the road. 2 of those 3 are district games and it was the 1st time in school history they've beat one of those teams and the first time they've beat the other team since the 80s. They weren't "scheduling wins" or they would've been 5-0 last year as well.