5-0 Springfield Yellow Jackets @ 4-0 White House Blue Devils

JacketLover

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Springfield needs to win this game. This game should prove to be the perfect challenge for them as they transition to some much stronger opponents.

They have had a very soft schedule so far (Opponents combined records  of 7-17).

They face a much tougher schedule ahead (Opponents combined records of 14-10)

The Jackets may be legit and headed for 10-0, but I don't see that they have been tested yet.

While their upcoming opponents have been playing teams like; 

Pearl Cohn

Independence

Ravenwood

Hillsboro

McGavock

Ridgeway

Good luck to the Jackets as they head into the gauntlet.

Springfield needs to win this game. This game should prove to be the perfect challenge for them as they transition to some much stronger opponents.

They have had a very soft schedule so far (Opponents combined records of 7-17).

They face a much tougher schedule ahead (Opponents combined records of 14-10)

The Jackets may be legit and headed for 10-0, but I don't see that they have been tested yet.

While their upcoming opponents have been playing teams like;

Pearl Cohn

Independence

Ravenwood

Hillsboro

McGavock

Ridgeway

Good luck to the Jackets as they head into the gauntlet.

Don't think Springfield will go 10-0, but I don't think 8-2 is out the question.

Edited by DANR

It is in a different section from the sports page , small folded insert called Football Y'all on Friday. It's very easy to overlook in with the ads etc. (not very good). Sadly heard prep writers Maurice Patton and Chip Cirillo will be laid off. The Tennessean seems to decreased its coverage of prep sports , which is a shame , as a long time subscriber it may be time to drop it.

It is in a different section from the sports page , small folded insert called Football Y'all on Friday. It's very easy to overlook in with the ads etc. (not very good). Sadly heard prep writers Maurice Patton and Chip Cirillo will be laid off. The Tennessean seems to decreased its coverage of prep sports , which is a shame , as a long time subscriber it may be time to drop it.

That sucks, I expected it to be an insert as you described so I guess I just missed it, thanx for the info.....

I can't wait for Friday night!! Weather looks like it'll cooperate and the atmosphere will be electric with it being Homecoming. Nothing like two unbeatens halfway through the season for a HC game! BDP must play its best game to stay on the field with the Jackets. At full strength, I like the Devils, but they're far from that. I'll post my prediction Friday.

I can't wait for Friday night!! Weather looks like it'll cooperate and the atmosphere will be electric with it being Homecoming. Nothing like two unbeatens halfway through the season for a HC game! BDP must play its best game to stay on the field with the Jackets. At full strength, I like the Devils, but they're far from that. I'll post my prediction Friday.

I agree it should be a good game but w/ WH even at full strength I believe the Jackets could still win. I am assuming, the HC thing was a pre-season decision based on what Springfield has done the last few years, no way to have known they would be 5-0 going into this week.....lol

I can't wait for Friday night!! Weather looks like it'll cooperate and the atmosphere will be electric with it being Homecoming. Nothing like two unbeatens halfway through the season for a HC game! BDP must play its best game to stay on the field with the Jackets. At full strength, I like the Devils, but they're far from that. I'll post my prediction Friday.[/quote

Does BDP do HC b4 the game or at halftime? Sounds like it will b SRO

Edited by TheCommissioner

I agree it should be a good game but w/ WH even at full strength I believe the Jackets could still win. I am assuming, the HC thing was a pre-season decision based on what Springfield has done the last few years, no way to have known they would be 5-0 going into this week.....lol

We played a beech team that returned 17 starters off of a state championship team my junior year (a year BDP wasn't very good). White House really doesn't care who they play on homecoming lol. But both teams being undefeated makes the homecoming hype even more exciting! I can't wait to watch this game. Go BDP!!