Latest AP high school poll Blackman closing in on Maryville

rebels

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...how did that game go?

Pretty sure he just made a clear point and you responded with something that had nothing to do with the conversation. Hendersonville made it to the championship, and all of the die hard poll "believers" were left gasping. Sure they lost bad to Maryville, but it just proves polls mean nothing more than a morale boost.

Pretty sure he just made a clear point and you responded with something that had nothing to do with the conversation. Hendersonville made it to the championship, and all of the die hard poll "believers" were left gasping. Sure they lost bad to Maryville, but it just proves polls mean nothing more than a morale boost.

Yep...also pretty sure Hendersonville was not near the 2nd best team in 6a. That was my point.

To win against Blackman we would have to play just like we did last year on offense and that's not going to happen. Losing Garrett and Prevo has turned out to be a bigger loss than we thought. This team has a great defense if I have ever seen one at Maryville but the offense goes out and runs 400 yards against Hardin Valley and comes away with 16 points then something is very wrong. This is a good team overall but I've not seen anything at all this year to tell me Maryville can pull it off again with what I saw on TV in the Oakland-Blackman game. Blackman in my opinion is just the better team this year. Nothing wrong with that because even with the offense not playing to the level we're used to I still think Maryville is one of the four best teams in the state.

To win against Blackman we would have to play just like we did last year on offense and that's not going to happen. Losing Garrett and Prevo has turned out to be a bigger loss than we thought. This team has a great defense if I have ever seen one at Maryville but the offense goes out and runs 400 yards against Hardin Valley and comes away with 16 points then something is very wrong. This is a good team overall but I've not seen anything at all this year to tell me Maryville can pull it off again with what I saw on TV in the Oakland-Blackman game. Blackman in my opinion is just the better team this year. Nothing wrong with that because even with the offense not playing to the level we're used to I still think Maryville is one of the four best teams in the state.

It's a long time till Thanksgiving. Trust the coaches to get the offense going.

Stars would have a tough time poor mouthing better than that. Go Rebels!