Henry County Patriots @ 6-0 Springfield Yellow Jackets

JacketLover

Predictions listed below. I'll update if more come in before game time.

Kevin38 (Springfield) 21-17

UpperCumberlandMan (Springfield) 35-31

Oldfan41 (Springfield) 34-17

Pilgrim (Henry Co.) 42-14

SEC1rules (Henry Co.) 38-20

Revved1 (Henry Co.) 56-21

TheCommissioner (Henry Co.) 24-18

JacketLover (Springfield) 27-24

Redblooded (Henry Co.) 35-21

MSURacer (Henry Co.) 28-17

Oldpatriot72 (Henry Co.) 28-21

Yanker (Henry Co.) 45-14

HCFan (Henry Co.) 24-21

our game made the Tennessean for one of the top games this week. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/10/03/top-high-school-games-week/16548585/

and they picked the Jackets by 1 point.   This has all the makings for a barn burner

Hmmm, interesting...the other Tennessean guy (Donovan?) picked the Patriots. Definitely will be interesting! I'm getting excited!!!!

Go Big RED!!!

our game made the Tennessean for one of the top games this week. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/10/03/top-high-school-games-week/16548585/

and they picked the Jackets by 1 point.   This has all the makings for a barn burner

This is only the second week for this young fellow who made that pick. I'm wondering how well informed he is. To my and many other's displeasure, Maurice Patton and Chip Cirrillo, who have done the Tennessean's prep sports for years, were laid off in a money saving move by the paper.Apparently they will be de-emphasizing high school athletics . Donovan is in the Nashville Examiner, Drew.

GO BIG RED

Chill out Red Warrior!

From everything I've seen and read Coach Wilson is a classy guy unlike some of those so-called coaches in Clarksville.

This week he said nothing that could be used as bulletinboard material.

Between that and the Springfield posters here, it's been hard for me to manufacture the usual disdain for our opponent. 

Somehow I'll find the strength to get worked by kickoff. I'm working on channeling my inner Jimmy Johnson.

Can someone tell me where on the radio dial can I can the local broadcast? I'll be here til 4.

Chill out Red Warrior!

From everything I've seen and read Coach Wilson is a classy guy unlike some of those so-called coaches in Clarksville.

This week he said nothing that could be used as bulletinboard material.

Between that and the Springfield posters here, it's been hard for me to manufacture the usual disdain for our opponent.

Somehow I'll find the strength to get worked by kickoff. I'm working on channeling my inner Jimmy Johnson.

Can someone tell me where on the radio dial can I can the local broadcast? I'll be here til 4.

The local station, WDBL, is 1590 AM I believe. The Commissioner can correct me if I am wrong. The signal isn't the strongest but you should be able to get it at the field. It is hard to get outside of town though.

I am seeing  a lot of people comparing scores, and I don't think that is a fair assessment in this situation. You have to understand that in half of Springfield's 6 wins, the varsity was pulled at the 4th quarter and the JV played the rest which resulted in most of the points. The scores don't really tell just how lopsided the games have been thus far minus the Greenbrier, and Gallatin games!

Northeast game: Springfield up 34-0 in the 4th, final 34-15

Clarksville Northwest game: Springfield up 34-7 at halftime, JV plays 2nd half, final 48-22

White House game: Springfield up 39-0 in the 4th, JV plays final quarter, final 39-8

I think this will be the closest game between the two teams in the past 5-6 years. I agree that this will be the most disciplined, well coached team Springfield will face the year. I believe that the game will be decided by Springfield eliminating the penalties and the o-line controlling the line of scrimmage.

I do think Springfield wins in a close game only because of it being at home.

Final Springfield 27-21

I am seeing  a lot of people comparing scores, and I don't think that is a fair assessment in this situation. You have to understand that in half of Springfield's 6 wins, the varsity was pulled at the 4th quarter and the JV played the rest which resulted in most of the points. The scores don't really tell just how lopsided the games have been thus far minus the Greenbrier, and Gallatin games!

Northeast game: Springfield up 34-0 in the 4th, final 34-15

Clarksville Northwest game: Springfield up 34-7 at halftime, JV plays 2nd half, final 48-22

White House game: Springfield up 39-0 in the 4th, JV plays final quarter, final 39-8

I think this will be the closest game between the two teams in the past 5-6 years. I agree that this will be the most disciplined, well coached team Springfield will face the year. I believe that the game will be decided by Springfield eliminating the penalties and the o-line controlling the line of scrimmage.

I do think Springfield wins in a close game only because of it being at home.

Final Springfield 27-21

uh oh