Loretto at Wayne County

wildcat89

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with homecomings is the lack of focus by the players. Not this week. They know what they're playing for. It is being talked about by the coaches everyday. I will say this team is different in a lot of ways. I know that has been said a lot about this team already, however it is very true.

I got a real good feeling that Waynesboro will win this game with no problem. If they can stop the quarterback they'll be just fine. His passing ability is sub par but can throw it down field pretty good. The only real receiver he wants to throw it to is Burkes. They had six turnovers against Linden, i believe four fumbles and two turnovers on downs. Linden had over two hundred yards in special teams with Dalton Forrester running 85, 70, and 65 yards respectively with two touchdowns. If Waynesboro can eliminate turnovers, which i noticed that they hardly make any, they should win this game with the third string coming in the second half. But if you let Fleming run and not bring him down on the initial contact then Loretto will be in the game. Their defense isn't good enough to stop Waynesboro's veer attack but with Fleming on offense they could keep up in the scoring department. Basically, you stop Fleming, you stop Loretto. I'll have my score later on in the week. Good Luck to both teams because both will be representing District 12A in the Class 1A and 2A playoffs. 

I got a real good feeling that Waynesboro will win this game with no problem. If they can stop the quarterback they'll be just fine. His passing ability is sub par but can throw it down field pretty good. The only real receiver he wants to throw it to is Burkes. They had six turnovers against Linden, i believe four fumbles and two turnovers on downs. Linden had over two hundred yards in special teams with Dalton Forrester running 85, 70, and 65 yards respectively with two touchdowns. If Waynesboro can eliminate turnovers, which i noticed that they hardly make any, they should win this game with the third string coming in the second half. But if you let Fleming run and not bring him down on the initial contact then Loretto will be in the game. Their defense isn't good enough to stop Waynesboro's veer attack but with Fleming on offense they could keep up in the scoring department. Basically, you stop Fleming, you stop Loretto. I'll have my score later on in the week. Good Luck to both teams because both will be representing District 12A in the Class 1A and 2A playoffs.

WC did a good job containing Fayetteville's qb and he was pretty shifty, WC defense has gotten after it all year and I believe they will step up again this week. The offense has put the defense in some bad situations all year with turnovers and they just keep making plays.

WC did a good job containing Fayetteville's qb and he was pretty shifty, WC defense has gotten after it all year and I believe they will step up again this week. The offense has put the defense in some bad situations all year with turnovers and they just keep making plays.

I believe Wayne will win......provided they don't give the stangs a few easy scores via turnovers.

I believe Wayne will win......provided they don't give the stangs a few easy scores via turnovers.

That's my worry sum1.... WC's defense has been very impressive with all the turnovers, but good teams capitalize on those turnovers(I.e. Hickman). I think Loretto's offense is good enough to keep them in it. If WC gives them enough chances via turnovers.

WC has a bit better defense and Loretto has terrible special teams, they got no punter.  and barely bother to cover kickoffs     On the other hand they may be a little better on offense than wc...hard game to pick but I will go with WC getting the home win.  Having said that my picks are always wrong so...

I don't know where to find out, but I would bet that Loretto has no where as many offensive total yards as WC for the season!  The only way I see Loretto beating WC is if WC turns the ball over multiple times and Loretto has a very good night passing!  I say WC 38 Loretto 15  "GO CATS"

Edited by IMAWCFAN

I don't know where to find out, but I would bet that Loretto has no where as many offensive total yards as WC for the season! The only way I see Loretto beating WC is if WC turns the ball over multiple times and Loretto has a very good night passing! I say WC 38 Loretto 15 "GO CATS"

Looks like the weather could play a role in this one. I would think with Loretto relying on passing more than WC that the rain would play in our favor.

Looks like the weather could play a role in this one. I would think with Loretto relying on passing more than WC that the rain would play in our favor.

They will rely more on the QB's legs and the old school wing T half back option and full back dive up the middle either side of center... I think you'll be surprised at the push and open holes their front 5 will create for 3 to 5 yard gains. Look for their big gains to come from the QB running the ball.

I'm gonna say their losing record had to come from bad ball control (fumbles).