New Classification

devilsden

With the unfair advantage of open enrollment they belong with the private schools.

LOL , Poor little db91 .... so this open enrollment thingie .... is Maryville the only place this happens ? Funny how these types of posts always bring out the Cowards .... You see db91 , if I was in your shoes there's no way in the world that I would want to find a way to Legislate my way around Maryville , I would want to beat them on the Field .... Just know that I'm laughing at you right now ...  

Good point if that's the case about it being open. We just look at every opponent and try to get a Win no matter who it is. At Oakland we have always scheduled a vaiety of opponents and had a lot of good experience for playoff time. They can play up if they want to, if we meet it will just add more history to our program.

I've said it before, but no Rutherford school has won since being classified with Maryville. Maybe this is the year, but not yet...

Here is how the Super Duper 32 stand as of this week:

1    White Station High School             2289    3-5

2    McGavock High School                 2280    7-1

3    Jefferson Co. High School             2273    1-6

4    Cookeville High School                  2201    6-1

5    Collierville High School                  2136    5-2

6    Science Hill High School                2080    6-1

7    Dobyns Bennett High School         2072    7-1

8    Arlington High School                    2044    6-2

9    Ravenwood High School               2037    7-0

10    Antioch High School                   2036    2-6

11    Mt. Juliet High School                 1999    4-4

12    Bearden High School                 1938    0-7

13    Houston High School                  1937    7-0

14    Oakland High School                 1933    6-1

15    Cordova High School                 1911    3-4

16    Hardin Valley Academy              1903    4-3

17    Germantown High School          1900    2-6

18    Blackman High School               1839    7-0

19    Whitehaven High School           1838    6-0

20    Wilson Central High School       1834    3-5

21    John Overton High School         1830    3-4

22    Bartlett High School                   1818    3-4

23    Lebanon High School                1807    0-8

24    Bradley Central High School      1790    2-5

25    Warren Co. High School            1787    3-5

26    Smyrna High School                  1774    5-2

27    Siegel High School                    1758    2-5

28    Franklin High School                 1751    6-1

29    William Blount High School        1741    3-4

30    Coffee Co. Central High School 1730    2-5

31    Riverdale High School               1724    6-1

32    LaVergne High School               1723    3-4

16 are in red (losing record) one is in green (.500) only 15 are in the black.

So pretty much a money grab to get these big schools that otherwise wouldn't sniff the playoffs some extra games. 

• Upvote 1

Assuming there are no changes in 6A, I think Gov has it the only way it can go if the TSSAA elects to have four 8-team regions.

What if they choose to do 8 regions of 4 teams though? This would make playoff seeding far easier and early round playoff matchups far more interesting (1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3 just like the other classes). Otherwise, you're playing 10 largely meaningless regular season games only to turn around and play the same teams the first couple of rounds of the playoffs (assuming the TSSAA doesn't want to send schools half way across the state for 1st and 2nd round blowouts). The only problem for some schools might be filling out the rest of their regular season schedule, but with overall record removed from the playoff qualifying formula, this shouldn't be as difficult as it was under the z-plan. And it would likely help some of the geographically isolated schools, keeping down travel costs by lining up games closer to home than would be the case with an 8-team region. If they went this route I could imagine the following: 

Region 1: Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett, Jefferson County, Bearden

Region 2: Hardin Valley, William Blount, Bradley Central, Cookeville

Region 3: Warren County, Coffee County, Riverdale, Oakland

Region 4: Blackman, Siegel, Smyrna, LaVergne

Region 5: Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, Lebanon, Antioch

Region 6: John Overton, McGavock, Ravenwood, Franklin

Region 7: Collierville, Arlington, Cordova, Bartlett

Region 8: Houston, Germantown, White Station, Whitehaven

That looks pretty good IMO. These schools could then schedule whomever they want for the rest of their slate. 

I not here to say anything about Rutherford County. I am just saying competition is just that and if Oakland at any time makes it to a situation to where Maryville is the opponent then so be it. No bitterness here about any team that continues to prove that they are the best in their class. If the best teams are in the 32 then they should be there.

I not here to say anything about Rutherford County. I am just saying competition is just that and if Oakland at any time makes it to a situation to where Maryville is the opponent then so be it. No bitterness here about any team that continues to prove that they are the best in their class. If the best teams are in the 32 then they should be there.

The best teams are not in the 32, just the largest enrollments. Let's get that straight.

For someone asking why you can't make a 32-team bracket out of more than 32 teams, the inducement to get people to be 6A is the automatic playoff spot. If there are 33 or 34 teams in 6A, 1 or 2 teams are not guaranteed a spot.

From what I understand, teams not in the top 32 will have the option to move up. If someone (Maryville?, Centennial?, Brentwood? or Stewarts Creek?) decides to move up, then the process will become much like a waiver process from MLB. #32 will be contacted to see if they want to move down. If they say no, then #31 and etc... will be contacted, much live a waiver wire.

6A may guarantee bigger gates by playing larger schools? It guarantees you game #11.

Curious to see how this all pans out...

• Upvote 1