Week 7: Anderson County at Knox Catholic

BigDave1967

This will be good game. Catholic is very good but I am counting on the Mavs Rush and the secondary to cause havoc for Catholic just enough for Fox and company to do damage. Mavericks 45 Catholic 31. But Catholic will not give up so the Mavs can never let their guard down and will have to play every down in order to pull this upset. Go Mavericks!

I know Fox ran wild on the Irish last year but the passing game hurt Catholic as well. If the Mavs are one deminsionsal and can't complete enough passes to prevent the Irish from stacking up on the run, then It could be a long night for the Mavs. KCHS secondary (Davis, Rodgers, Souder and Nelson) is pretty athletic and the front line (Rowan, Silvey, and Owstroski) has been physical and played great all season. Losing Scott hurts. He's their most athletic LB and can cover the run or the pass. In his absences Albritton has really stepped up, even winning player of the week for his performance against Hardin Valley. This is about an even matchup the Irish have had all year. It's amazing that the kids and the school are so hyped up for this game (with Webb, a rival and Alcoa, a key district game still on the schedule). Should be a packed house Friday. Just like those old 4A match ups with AC and Catholic. Edited by QSouth89

I know Fox ran wild on the Irish last year but the passing game hurt Catholic as well. If the Mavs are one deminsionsal and can't complete enough passes to prevent the Irish from stacking up on the run, then It could be a long night for the Mavs. KCHS secondary (Davis, Rodgers, Souder and Nelson) is pretty athletic and the front line (Rowan, Silvey, and Owstroski) has been physical and played great all season. Losing Scott hurts. He's their most athletic LB and can cover the run or the pass. In his absences Albritton has really stepped up, even winning player of the week for his performance against Hardin Valley. This is about an even matchup the Irish have had all year. It's amazing that the kids and the school are so hyped up for this game (with Webb, a rival and Alcoa, a key district game still on the schedule). Should be a packed house Friday. Just like those old 4A match ups with AC and Catholic.

I think Catholic made a big mistake against AC last year the way they stacked at the line of scrimmage, they did not play good football by keeping their levels, AC saw this very quickly and attacked it, a lot of the big runs were just due to players taking themselves out of the play due to alignment and even though it looked like Catholic had the box taken care of, at the point of attack AC only needed one block and there was nothing but grass for Fox, I do not see Catholic playing this way again this year.  Also I believe Catholic had at least one score last year on a Pick 6 didn't they?  The passing game last year was enough to keep teams honest, but it did shoot us in the foot a lot with some costly turnovers, hopefully AC will play solid because we can not afford to give up the football tomorrow night, especially to give up points with Pick 6's or fumbles that are scooped and run in.  Q, where is the best place to go before the game tomorrow to eat?

I think Catholic made a big mistake against AC last year the way they stacked at the line of scrimmage, they did not play good football by keeping their levels, AC saw this very quickly and attacked it, a lot of the big runs were just due to players taking themselves out of the play due to alignment and even though it looked like Catholic had the box taken care of, at the point of attack AC only needed one block and there was nothing but grass for Fox, I do not see Catholic playing this way again this year.  Also I believe Catholic had at least one score last year on a Pick 6 didn't they?  The passing game last year was enough to keep teams honest, but it did shoot us in the foot a lot with some costly turnovers, hopefully AC will play solid because we can not afford to give up the football tomorrow night, especially to give up points with Pick 6's or fumbles that are scooped and run in.  Q, where is the best place to go before the game tomorrow to eat?

Anywhere on Cedar Bluff is good.  My favorite places are Doc's on Kingston Pike near the mall or Dead End barbecue great ribs.  On Kingston Pike and Cedar Bluff they've opened a bunch of new places to eat. As far as the game, last year our ILB hurt us against the run, that's why Logan Lacey was moved inside. Catholic has done a good job against the run this year but none of the running backs we've faced are as good as Fox or Tyson from Alcoa.  This will be a good challenge for the Irish.  Games like these (with AC, Webb and Alcoa) should prepare us for the playoffs.

I'm not Q but he can attest to the fact that I enjoy a good meal. If you like Mexican, I would suggest Chuy's. If you eat in the bar area they have free make your own nachos which are great. Famous Dave's BBQ is very good and Carolina Ale House just opened. All three are very close to the school.

I'm not Q but he can attest to the fact that I enjoy a good meal. If you like Mexican, I would suggest Chuy's. If you eat in the bar area they have free make your own nachos which are great. Famous Dave's BBQ is very good and Carolina Ale House just opened. All three are very close to the school.

Thank you guys, we will probably hit up Aubreys...thanks

So far on our 3AAA thread picks for the week, there are 6 that pick AC, and 3 that pick Catholic. Who is considered the favorite in this game?

I say all AC fans are picking AC to win. But it don't matter who the underdog is. Both teams are pretty good. Everyone knows this is a huge game both teams will be ready. Edited by BEAMERBALLMAVERICK

So far on our 3AAA thread picks for the week, there are 6 that pick AC, and 3 that pick Catholic.  Who is considered the favorite in this game? 

I think most disinterested fans and sportswriters will pick Catholic so AC will be considered the underdog by most.  But Beamer is probably right that this game could go either way on any given night.