Lake County Standout

FutureGM

He's hands down the best back I've seen all year. He's also rushed at least 150 yards in every game,even against those "good"teams. Henry may get the votes but Wilkes is Head and shoulders above the rest.

A poster above stated that he only had 111 yards against Lake Co. If that is true he has not had a 150 yards in every game.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I was just saying he is being overlooked due to playing for a small 1-A school. He does not play for a contender for a state title. Henry will get all the votes due to playing for a contender and being as good as he is. In my opinion Wilkes is the better back but Henry has the better team. Not taking anything away from Union City. I did not mean to sound like I was disrespecting anyone.

Don't be so sure Herny will win it. A couple of years ago Huntingdon had a player that broke the single season rushing record and lead his team to the state championship game. And didn't win the award.As long as a east Tn player has a decent season their more likely to win the award.

Don't be so sure Herny will win it. A couple of years ago Huntingdon had a player that broke the single season rushing record and lead his team to the state championship game. And didn't win the award.As long as a east Tn player has a decent season their more likely to win the award.

Mr. Warbritton was one of the best at running an offense that I've ever seen.  He deserved that award.

Mr. Warbritton was one of the best at running an offense that I've ever seen.  He deserved that award.

I agree with that for sure! If Lake Co. had more depth, I could see them being a legit 1A team, but with only 18 kids on the team, they will struggle against teams. Wilkes and the QB are a tough duo to handle. If they had any supporting cast around them, they could be pretty good.

I didn't mean any disrespect for LC or the Wilkes kid. It's just an unfair fact. I believe there are plenty of great athletes at every level of football but because of where they play they don't get the recognition they deserve. I ask you to listen to the NFL player introductions before each game. Most of the players come from schools I've never heard of but they got to the highest level of football they could go to. Case and Point. Where did Jerry Rice play his College ball? Mississippi Valley State. Ever Heard of them? He is argueablly the best wide reciever to ever play the game.  A few years back there was a rookie who played for Lambuth University in college. He got a spot on the Green Bay Packers and ran a kickoff back for a TD in the Super Bowl. No one talked about this guy on College Game Day.  It's just a fact of the game. As a far as true 1A ....... I know what was meant by that. Just let me add that there was a time when LC was the most dominate 1A team in the state. They played and beat evey team they ran across no matter the classification. I played against one of those LC  teams. It was when big Greg Ross was there. The entire line was huge, They had full beards. They were a fantastic football team. Right now UC is in that position. If it soothes anyones feelings, it is almost a forgone conclusion that UC will be back in 2A next season. It doesn't matter that much since there is very little diffrence between 1A and 2A anyway. I'm gonna get a little cocky here and say that this season UC could beat anyone in 2A and most teams in 3A. We have a great group of kids that work hard and believe in the system we run here in UC. By system I mean from the wieght room to the field. It's tough to beat kids like that. They will line up and play anybody.

I will finish by saying that if Wilkes played for UC or NCS or even Peabody or SP there would be recognition coming from every where. He is a great athlete and will get picked up by somebody at the next level.

I didn't mean any disrespect for LC or the Wilkes kid. It's just an unfair fact. I believe there are plenty of great athletes at every level of football but because of where they play they don't get the recognition they deserve. I ask you to listen to the NFL player introductions before each game. Most of the players come from schools I've never heard of but they got to the highest level of football they could go to. Case and Point. Where did Jerry Rice play his College ball? Mississippi Valley State. Ever Heard of them? He is argueablly the best wide reciever to ever play the game. A few years back there was a rookie who played for Lambuth University in college. He got a spot on the Green Bay Packers and ran a kickoff back for a TD in the Super Bowl. No one talked about this guy on College Game Day. It's just a fact of the game. As a far as true 1A ....... I know what was meant by that. Just let me add that there was a time when LC was the most dominate 1A team in the state. They played and beat evey team they ran across no matter the classification. I played against one of those LC teams. It was when big Greg Ross was there. The entire line was huge, They had full beards. They were a fantastic football team. Right now UC is in that position. If it soothes anyones feelings, it is almost a forgone conclusion that UC will be back in 2A next season. It doesn't matter that much since there is very little diffrence between 1A and 2A anyway. I'm gonna get a little cocky here and say that this season UC could beat anyone in 2A and most teams in 3A. We have a great group of kids that work hard and believe in the system we run here in UC. By system I mean from the wieght room to the field. It's tough to beat kids like that. They will line up and play anybody.

I will finish by saying that if Wilkes played for UC or NCS or even Peabody or SP there would be recognition coming from every where. He is a great athlete and will get picked up by somebody at the next level.

The guy from lambuth's name was Ron Dixon and he played for the Giants. Ran the kick off back in the first of the two Super Bowls they played against the Patriots.

The guy from lambuth's name was Ron Dixon and he played for the Giants. Ran the kick off back in the first of the two Super Bowls they played against the Patriots.

JACOBY Jones from Lane ran a kickoff back for the Ravans. In superbowl against Swo's 49'ers Edited by horse

Henry has averaged just over a quarter of playing time at running back per game the whole season and still has almost 1000 yds on the season ( I bet wilks has played majority of snaps for LC to get his yards). With the possible new classification plan, UC will probably still be in single a and other 2a schools will move down to 1a (trousdale cty etc). Here is something to burst your LC bubble, Wilkes is a good running back, but would be a backup in UC this year if he was here. Amazing how time makes you forget the butt whipping LC had from us a few weeks ago and your coach crying about running up the score in the first half. I try to stay humble about UC this year, but dont downtrod our team or players to lift yours up.