9-AAA part 2

MJGOLDENBEARS

Without making this debate a huge deal.... Trey Perry is a solid coach, but if things don't turn around next year, the excuses are being thrown away and questions will be asked.

As to MJ not being a perennial contender.... MJ always seems to lose to Beech by a score, Hville has been tick for tack, Gallatin swapping victories evenly, an the rest is history. In the past 9 seasons we have appeared twice in the semi's, once in the quarters, and twice in the second round. Not to shabby, we may not be a perennial contender as you say... Then what is Gallatin? I'm sick of hearing about State Champions back during the Stone Age. What have they done recently?

Gallatin lost first round this season, and hasn't really made much noise in quite awhile. (No I don't consider an 8-5 quarterfinal appearance to be much) Beech and Hville are great playoff teams. It also helps that 5a is a huge step down from 6a. There is no Oakland or Blackman in 5a lol

By the way this post is more about "if you pick at my team, I'll do the same" that's what I am about as a poster love me or hate me.

If you want to be considered a perennial contender than I guess Gallatin has to be as well since the record is 3-3 while they both competed in 9-AAA. My point is that while MJ has had a great record in 9-AAA for the regular season 45-15 if I did the math right most were in the first 4 years which included MJ's best seasons ever. The last 2 years they have not been just like SCbisondad said. Gallatin, Beech and Hendersonville only had one season over the same span .500 or below. MJ has had 2 that were .500 or below. Like it or not your trend is downward.

Now since you seem to defend MJ by questioning Gallatin even though that was not the point nor were they being compared, yeah if you wish to continue we can. I simply made a point by using facts. "Stone Age" if you will. Gallatin has a 28-15 record over the last 10 years against the Big 32 teams including a 1-1 record during that span vs Oakland, since you brought that up. It's much larger over the entire series with those teams if you want that info. So while we might have some dust on those 6 title appearances including 3 State Championships you might want to look at those semi appearance plaques a little longer that MJ owns because the dust is starting to collect on those "what have you done lately" trophies.

Like me or not, I am not one to start throwing rocks at because I made an opinion. I have enough stats to back up what I say.

I think with some 6A title contenders moving to 5A, we could see more championships come from this district..

As an Hville guy I really like this better, as we have unprecedented success in getting to the big game, but has always been in the highest classification against a powerhouse.

1998, 2001, 2013 in the highest classification against Riverdale, Oakland, and Maryville we were just outmatched... and in 2010 in 5A against an emotional Columbia team who lost a teammate the morning of the State game, and then Semi Final in 2011. Now 10-1 as a number 2 seed, alive in the 6A bracket again in 2014. Thats 4 Championship appearances in 15 years for Hville.. 3 being in the highest classification. That gives you almost a 30% chance of seeing Hville in the state title game on any given year, regardless of class.

Taking off the gold tinted glasses now, I think that bodes well for all of us 9AAA guys being in the 2nd highest classification. Hville's chances will increase, Beech, Gallatin, ect.. Heck, I actually would've loved if this happened last year and we would've avoided playing Maryville in the championship. We would've been talking about Hville defending their crown right about now... oh well.  -_-

Edited by insanlylargebarge

If you want to be considered a perennial contender than I guess Gallatin has to be as well since the record is 3-3 while they both competed in 9-AAA. My point is that while MJ has had a great record in 9-AAA for the regular season 45-15 if I did the math right most were in the first 4 years which included MJ's best seasons ever. The last 2 years they have not been just like SCbisondad said. Gallatin, Beech and Hendersonville only had one season over the same span .500 or below. MJ has had 2 that were .500 or below. Like it or not your trend is downward.

Now since you seem to defend MJ by questioning Gallatin even though that was not the point nor were they being compared, yeah if you wish to continue we can. I simply made a point by using facts. "Stone Age" if you will. Gallatin has a 28-15 record over the last 10 years against the Big 32 teams including a 1-1 record during that span vs Oakland, since you brought that up. It's much larger over the entire series with those teams if you want that info. So while we might have some dust on those 6 title appearances including 3 State Championships you might want to look at those semi appearance plaques a little longer that MJ owns because the dust is starting to collect on those "what have you done lately" trophies.

Like me or not, I am not one to start throwing rocks at because I made an opinion. I have enough stats to back up what I say.

The statement that you have enough stats to backup what you say is also an opinion. My question to you, Why call out MJ? Arguably the most respected matchup from 9-AAA, yet you constantly want to call out my coach for his "wrongdoings" and point out obvious flaws MJ has to deal with. Try laying low on the gossip. I could have joined and made an account the year Gallatin went 3-7, or could have questioned want kind of coach would catch a criminal charge a week prior to the season. Are trend going "downward" is over. so welcome that.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

The statement that you have enough stats to backup what you say is also an opinion. My question to you, Why call out MJ? Arguably the most respected matchup from 9-AAA, yet you constantly want to call out my coach for his "wrongdoings" and point out obvious flaws MJ has to deal with. Try laying low on the gossip. I could have joined and made an account the year Gallatin went 3-7, or could have questioned want kind of coach would catch a criminal charge a week prior to the season. Are trend going "downward" is over. so welcome that.

First I questioned Tandem whom made a statement I did not agree with. Second, I only answered BKisler because he asked about the letter. I even said WCP could answer. Another thing, WCP while he has told several untruths about his kid playing at Ensworth has said several very accurate statements regarding the situation at MJ. Several of you made him out to be a fool and the entire time I sat back and said I know different. I work with several from MJ, parents of players who have told me exactly what WCP has stated. Heck I even talked to little Duncan myself and found out about his situation over there. So maybe I have kept my mouth shut more than you think. It's your problem not mine!!! I just soon keep you on the schedule and continue to win. Oh yeah I think we have all seen the accounts pop up and bash Gallatin the last couple of years. So it happens, big deal it is better to have your facts straight and really know what is going on. Personally, I do not care about MJ as you don't really about Gallatin. When you play Gallatin I want you to be beat and you do the same. Oh and by the way, while stats do not always tell the whole story they are not opinion. Stats are facts!! Records are facts! Know the whole situation and comprehend the message before jumping on somebody then act like a defender of grievous acts. And to answer your charge, nobody on the coaching staff or administration defended that coach for his actions. He was immediately dismissed!! You cannot control every situation, you make a mistake you pay for it!!!

If i'm wrong on this then by all means please correct me. But since '09 (start of 9-AAA) the district wins are:

1)Beech 33

2)MJ 31

3) HHS 29

4) GHS 28

Beech is the only team without a losing record in any season within the district.

Gallatin has 29 wins district wins since 09*

EDIT: nevermind I counted again. You are right it is 28. That 3-7 year was a killer

Edited by thegreatone36

I think with some 6A title contenders moving to 5A, we could see more championships come from this district..

As an Hville guy I really like this better, as we have unprecedented success in getting to the big game, but has always been in the highest classification against a powerhouse.

1998, 2001, 2013 in the highest classification against Riverdale, Oakland, and Maryville we were just outmatched... and in 2010 in 5A against an emotional Columbia team who lost a teammate the morning of the State game, and then Semi Final in 2011. Now 10-1 as a number 2 seed, alive in the 6A bracket again in 2014. Thats 4 Championship appearances in 15 years for Hville.. 3 being in the highest classification. That gives you almost a 30% chance of seeing Hville in the state title game on any given year, regardless of class.

Taking off the gold tinted glasses now, I think that bodes well for all of us 9AAA guys being in the 2nd highest classification. Hville's chances will increase, Beech, Gallatin, ect.. Heck, I actually would've loved if this happened last year and we would've avoided playing Maryville in the championship. We would've been talking about Hville defending their crown right about now... oh well.  -_-

You're leaving out one pretty important part of your playoff runs last year and this year: avoiding Rutherford county until you get to Cookeville.  Taking Maryville and Rutherford Co out of the way until you get to the finals makes your runs a little less impressive, with all due respect.  Even if you would have been 5A last year, I'm pretty sure a lot of folks from Henry Co might disagree with your assessment.  Beech played both teams last year.  HC was the better of the 2.

Edited by tandem

Also GWave head to head matchup for MJ vs HHS since '09 is 4-2 MJ. Last 2 years going to HHS. Like you said. It's your opinion. On the Duncan issue. WCP and you are correct.

MJ has always seemed to fare well against Hville. Just these past couple years of HHS going up and MJ sliding down helped even it out a little Edited by thegreatone36

First I questioned Tandem whom made a statement I did not agree with. Second, I only answered BKisler because he asked about the letter. I even said WCP could answer. Another thing, WCP while he has told several untruths about his kid playing at Ensworth has said several very accurate statements regarding the situation at MJ. Several of you made him out to be a fool and the entire time I sat back and said I know different. I work with several from MJ, parents of players who have told me exactly what WCP has stated. Heck I even talked to little Duncan myself and found out about his situation over there. So maybe I have kept my mouth shut more than you think. It's your problem not mine!!! I just soon keep you on the schedule and continue to win. Oh yeah I think we have all seen the accounts pop up and bash Gallatin the last couple of years. So it happens, big deal it is better to have your facts straight and really know what is going on. Personally, I do not care about MJ as you don't really about Gallatin. When you play Gallatin I want you to be beat and you do the same. Oh and by the way, while stats do not always tell the whole story they are not opinion. Stats are facts!! Records are facts! Know the whole situation and comprehend the message before jumping on somebody then act like a defender of grievous acts. And to answer your charge, nobody on the coaching staff or administration defended that coach for his actions. He was immediately dismissed!! You cannot control every situation, you make a mistake you pay for it!!!

mj folks always find a way to sweep things under the rug. Its funny to me that your hc went on a "walk" to drop off evidence in our Athletic directors MAILBOX to turn in hendersonville the week before their game. All because he didnt want his hands dirty. Or the fact that he is loosing another 3 coaches after the playoffs, , weird, IMO. lets count how many OCs he has had in 3 years? or how many coaches continue to leave the program.

but im just a old man that was once banished from MJ right? Im glad me and my family have nothing to do with that place ever again.

Edited by WCP