8-AA Girls

uknow22

It seems like we play Boyd every week.  Hopefully it stops now ha, the soft schedule is hurting us in big games.  We should have won the Macon County game, but when you are not battle tested with late game situations its tough.  But oh well we won a championship in our Christmas Tourney,

Congrats to our lady tigers on their tournament championship. Won 5 games relatively easy. Playing teams that we won over in our tournament will not help us down the road. Repoman I guess for some coaches its all about wins more than being battle tested. Some are more complacent over their wins than making a deep run in the tournament. Good question that all coaches would probably answer differently. For our DC team probably more about wins, looking at the schedule. 16-5 is a real good record,but we haven't beat a single team with a winning record. I still think DC can make a run, but like everyone else wonder if not being challenged enough will hurt at the end of the season. By the way we do play Boyd again looking at the schedule. Lol, Coach Cope does have something over any.other district coach. He is real good at scheduling. Every coach knows his team better than most. Merry Christmas to all.

• 2 weeks later...

4 8-aa teams ranked in top 10 AP poll - CM (2), Cannon (7), Upperman (8), LA (9)

Those ole pollsters lol! Half of the AP doesn't have a clue. They assume we should have 3 to 4 teams so look for the best records & don't even look at who they play. 8aa should have 3 teams there but Upperman & Cannon aren't one of them. Smith deserves to be there. Smith beat LA, LA beat Central, & Central beat Smith. That is usually the case in our district. Always at least 3 good teams without much separation. All about matchups & who shows up at tourney time. Central will fold again this year. Upperman, Cannon, & even Dekalb could upset one of the top 3. Edited by oldkodger

Those ole pollsters lol! Half of the AP doesn't have a clue. They assume we should have 3 to 4 teams so look for the best records & don't even look at who they play. 8aa should have 3 teams there but Upperman & Cannon aren't one of them. Smith deserves to be there. Smith beat LA, LA beat Central, & Central beat Smith. That is usually the case in our district. Always at least 3 good teams without much separation. All about matchups & who shows up at tourney time. Central will fold again this year. Upperman, Cannon, & even Dekalb could upset one of the top 3.

I want to see L.A.beat mag.with all their starters there.l.a beat mag without mag's starting point guard and would not reschedule.Im not saying they can't by know means but it will be a different ball game.

Time will tell .. I have tried to look at the teams schedules and it looks like some (uhs)has played some home schools which I think will hurt come crunch time.. La has played a tough schedule.. Always said polls mean nothing till season is over.. Wins~ losses means nothing... Right now..

Ok here we go.. "Second half final drive" Tuesday night games

La beats York by 18

Upperman beats cannon by 4

Cm beats Macon by 12

Sc beats dekalb by 10

York @ LA-- I would be surprised and a bit concerned if LA doesn't beat York 20+ at home.

Upp @ CC-- Appears to be the game of the night in 8-AA, hard not to go with the home team in this one but it would be surprised if it is more than 6/8 point range either way.

CM @ MC-- This would be a game that would also be surprising if it is anything less than a 20+ point win for CM.

SC @ DC-- Should be a comfortable win for SC in this one, SC by 15.