8-AA Girls

uknow22

Passed over the best candidate they had. The current Dekalb middle school coach..... Knows the program, knows the area talent and has won the JCH State Tournament this past season AND a 7th Grade D-2 State AAU Tournament a couple of weeks ago.

The hire may do great, but a guy who hasn't been a head coach of anything for a few years and has never coached girls in his entire career sounds like a bad decision to me as an outsider.

Any word on where Cope will land, if anywhere? He was a hard nosed coach that seemed to get a lot out of the girls.

I'm sure he will resurface and land another job somewhere in time. He's not a bad coach by any means, so someone will give him another chance at coaching. It's just a matter of who and when.

Passed over the best candidate they had. The current Dekalb middle school coach..... Knows the program, knows the area talent and has won the JCH State Tournament this past season AND a 7th Grade D-2 State AAU Tournament a couple of weeks ago.

The hire may do great, but a guy who hasn't been a head coach of anything for a few years and has never coached girls in his entire career sounds like a bad decision to me as an outsider.

I agree with you 100%. Our Middle School coach would of been a much better hire for us IMO.

I'm just on the outside looking in, I've just watched Cope coach on a few occasions. A lot of heart and passion. Kinnard will probably do a fine job, has a lot of talent coming from the 8th grade. Did cope choose to step down or was he let go?

Coach Cope was fired. The writers at WJLE just pitched the story a little differently than what truly happened in reality. They used much nicer words than "fired". The article was wrote in a way so that Coach Cope could go out with a little bit of dignity, and save face too. And I don't reckon there is anything wrong with that either though.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Nope nothing at all wrong with that at all. I've heard rumor that he may be going to warren county but I know of no truth to that. As far as I know the head coach from warren county hasn't changed so not sure what role if any Cope would play in the program. Apparently all the assistants from wc have stepped down.

Nope nothing at all wrong with that at all. I've heard rumor that he may be going to warren county but I know of no truth to that. As far as I know the head coach from warren county hasn't changed so not sure what role if any Cope would play in the program. Apparently all the assistants from wc have stepped down.

Is the rumor you heard about Coach Cope going to WC to be the head coach, or going their to be an assistant? But your right, the current WC coach is still in place, and I don't imagine a assistant coaching position pays very much either. I'm sure if he did go to WC as an assistant that he'd also get some type of teaching job too, so that would be the source for his main income.