Enrollment Numbers are Out....

Help me with this scenario. Alcoa is playing team x...team X has 30 kids 7 of which are 120 pound freshmen..When Alcoa is up 50 and team X has 4 starters and 2 subs already out with injury..does team X continue to let starters get injured or do they let the freshmen get sent to the Hospital?

Sounds like whining I know but that's a legit question. Over half of 2a isn't prepared to play teams like Alcoa.

Help me with this scenario. Alcoa is playing team x...team X has 30 kids 7 of which are 120 pound freshmen..When Alcoa is up 50 and team X has 4 starters and 2 subs already out with injury..does team X continue to let starters get injured or do they let the freshmen get sent to the Hospital?

Sounds like whining I know but that's a legit question. Over half of 2a isn't prepared to play teams like Alcoa.

Team X would probably have more sense than to schedule Alcoa. I don't think any of the teams in our district will be like that.

Team X would probably have more sense than to schedule Alcoa. I don't think any of the teams in our district will be like that.

You could very easily meet team x in the first round of the playoffs. Have you seen Oliver springs or Wartburg they may be in your region how about Cosby north Greene or South Greene good possibility to meet one of them in first round...Most of those meet the description of Team x

We'll check around and see if we've got a Randall Cobb or Brandom Warren walking the halls. I don't much think we do,but thanks for the Idea.

I played against cobb my senior yr when we went down there and lost. They went on to win state of course but it was crazy to play against him and other players with the speed and skill set they had. We played a very good GP team that year, also Knox catholic they was nowhere near the talent alcoa had. That was a different beast!

But you fellers do have choices.

No, we as individuals don't. A decision to go DII has to be made by the Board and Administration. Not as easy as you might think. Our choice is to stay D1 and play Alcoa and Trezvant or go D2 and eventually play ECS or Knox Webb. Either way it's a tough road. Obviously, the decision isn't based on that criteria, administrators have to consider travel, cost, etc. Eventually, if we were not able to compete due to our small enrollment, we would have to go D2 and you would be correct with the choice issue. I think open enrollment counties should have at least a 1.25 multiplier. I see the recruiting going on in Madison County at basketball games and I know it goes on elsewhere in the open enrollment counties. No way a small county school can compete with an Open enrollment school like Alcoa and some of the others.

I don't like OldEagle's school, we've been around the block many times on here thru the years. He doesn't like our school either, so it's mutual. However, I do respect him and his passion for his school. That was hard to swallow.

What you Alcoa folks need to know about him and his comments:

1. He's the football coach at Cosby HS

2. He's right about his Team X comment, 95% of the teams in 2A can't compete with Alcoa

3. He's right about kids getting hurt, it's not going to be pretty in most of your games

There will be 4-5 schools in 2A that can give Alcoa a game. I think we will be one of those 4-5 schools. You might beat us, but it won't be by 70. Welcome back to 2A. Let's go.

No, we as individuals don't. A decision to go DII has to be made by the Board and Administration. Not as easy as you might think. Our choice is to stay D1 and play Alcoa and Trezvant or go D2 and eventually play ECS or Knox Webb. Either way it's a tough road. Obviously, the decision isn't based on that criteria, administrators have to consider travel, cost, etc. Eventually, if we were not able to compete due to our small enrollment, we would have to go D2 and you would be correct with the choice issue. I think open enrollment counties should have at least a 1.25 multiplier. I see the recruiting going on in Madison County at basketball games and I know it goes on elsewhere in the open enrollment counties. No way a small county school can compete with an Open enrollment school like Alcoa and some of the others.

I agree.

I don't like OldEagle's school, we've been around the block many times on here thru the years. He doesn't like our school either, so it's mutual. However, I do respect him and his passion for his school. That was hard to swallow.

What you Alcoa folks need to know about him and his comments:

1. He's the football coach at Cosby HS

2. He's right about his Team X comment, 95% of the teams in 2A can't compete with Alcoa

3. He's right about kids getting hurt, it's not going to be pretty in most of your games

There will be 4-5 schools in 2A that can give Alcoa a game. I think we will be one of those 4-5 schools. You might beat us, but it won't be by 70. Welcome back to 2A. Let's go.

See ya next year!!