Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

He hasn't applied for the job, and that's no rumor.  

I do not see him ever applying. Do you think anyone around Powell would be happy hiring a guy that runs the wing-t? There would be an explosion around there. 

I do not think this hire will be sexy. The community needs to understand that this job is just not that desirable right now. The interest for this job will either be from coaches looking to get a second chance at a head job or a coordinator looking for any opportunity to get a head job.

I do not see him ever applying. Do you think anyone around Powell would be happy hiring a guy that runs the wing-t? There would be an explosion around there. 

The last guy who was hired was a winged-t guy, and that's didn't go over well at all from the get go. 

Of course, he compounded the problem with other actions, but the winged-t was a real issue early on.  I just don't see Powell hiring another winged-t guy this time around.  I think the powers that be learned something from that.  

The last guy who was hired was a winged-t guy, and that's didn't go over well at all from the get go. 

Of course, he compounded the problem with other actions, but the winged-t was a real issue early on.  I just don't see Powell hiring another winged-t guy this time around.  I think the powers that be learned something from that.  

I agree with you as i posted but the community holds some of the blame here at least for some of the problem. I attended every game and heard what the community at large and specifically some parents said to each other and to the players during and after games. This guy was not a good fit here and did not seem to be a good football coach at least on this level but he did not have a shot. I cannot speak to the things that happened in the off season and the things that went on in the pre season. I can tell you that I heard over and over again that this guy wanted total control over the program. This was stated as a complaint. He should have control, it was his program. I also heard a lot of people complaining that he was changing things that Matt Lowe did and that was a problem. Well Matt left for a situation that he feels is better and I cannot blame him for that but this community needs to understand that each coach has his own system and procedures. The only way that the team can succeed is for the community to get over the loss of Matt and get behind the next head coach no matter who he is. DO not expect that person t do things the way they were doe. Embrace the change and get the program back where it should be.