Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

Why would some one apply this year and not last year?

The bar has been lowered, which means that the new coach might not have as much pressure as before last year.  Some of the issues with the previous coach are known but lots of posters on here have alluded to others.  So it couldn't get much worse than it was with Allen.  A new coach can use that nowhere to go but up mentality to his advantage which could make it more attractive now than before.

Edited by MavMaximus

The bar has been lowered, which means that the new coach might not have as much pressure as before last year.  Some of the issues with the previous coach are known but lots of posters on here have alluded to others.  So it couldn't get much worse than it was with Allen.  A new coach can use that nowhere to go but up mentality to his advantage which could make it more attractive now than before.

I think there is a lot of truth in what you say, Double M.  

Whoever ends up in that job is going to know what he faces going in, as does just about everybody who has watched the last year or so unfold.  

I may not be the Powell radio guy any longer, but I still do love that program and I put a lot of years of support - both with my works and financially - in to it.  I still am a Powell resident and love the community and the Powell schools.  I want to see it become one of the better high school football programs in the area once again.  

And knowing who some of the candidates are, I believe that Powell will get a quality football coach this time around.  

Edited by HTV

I think there is a lot of truth in what you say, Double M.  

Whoever ends up in that job is going to know what he faces going in, as does just about everybody who has watched the last year or so unfold.  

I may not be the Powell radio guy any longer, but I still do love that program and I put a lot of years of support - both with my works and financially - in to it.  I still am a Powell resident and love the community and the Powell schools.  I want to see it become one of the better high school football programs in the area once again.  

And knowing who some of the candidates are, I believe that Powell will get a quality football coach this time around.  

I hope they get a good one too. 

Just take Rang back. If other schools felt that they could trust him, after the "bathroom" mistake, so can you all. Time heals all mistakes, look at other coaches and athletes in higher level of competition. Happens all the time.

I certainly would have no problem with that, but KCS is another story.

I certainly would have no problem with that, but KCS is another story.

And while I haven't directly asked him the question, I have my doubts that Derek would want to mess with Knox County Schools at this point given the way they bungled his situation, and make no mistake - KCCS really did mishandle that situation.  

Just don't see him back at a Knox County public school.  According to what he tells me, he really likes his situation at Dresden.  Don't see him looking to leave.  

Edited by HTV