Giles @ Marshall County

JAFO

My family and I will there Friday loud and proud until the last buzzer sounds, as always, hoping and having faith for the W. However I think unless there are some serious changes in our game plan, we loose this one BIG. They have us figured out now, of course it didn't long. I will agree that the players did not come out as fired up last night as I was hoping to see, and mistakes were made. But I blame alot of it on the coaching staff and poor play calling. I have supported the team and even defended the coaches all year, but last night I saw true colors of the coaches. Our boys, esp the Seniors deserve better than that!! I will always support the players, but these coaches have lost my support and respect. I saw them make poor play calling decisions then yell at the boys because of the poor outcome! No wonder these boys are divided and don't present themselves as a team, seems like they are coached to be that way, just saying! With that being said, make the short drive to MC and support these boys, as it appears it is up to the fans to stand behind these boys, if the coaches are not going to!! Now, what does it take to get Coach O back in the black and gold??

I have been reading your post, and have held my fingers as long as I can. Here you go.

I don't care who was calling MC plays. It does not matter. Quit crying.

Doc at qb, Cam at rb: would work for one series only. Doc is not a qb and Cam is not a rb. MC would adjust after one series and we would end up fourth and twenty and still running the same play.

I am not calling anyone by name, but players need to stop worrying about themselves and give their all for the team. Until eleven play for one it won't work.

Walker is the real deal. The best player on the field and he showed.

With all that being said, I like our chances next week. I think we can do a couple of things better and it will make a big difference. They fumbled 3 teams and got it back every time. We turned the ball over. Stop that and get one from them and it could be different.

DEFENSE TACKLE CHRIS WALKER EVERY PLAY, NO MATTER WHAT.

OFFENSE BLOCK, THROW, CATCH AND RUN

I completely agree and these guys and a few more need to be called out! It's a situation where we woukd have been better off if some had rode the bench until they "wanted" to start being team members!

My family and I will there Friday loud and proud until the last buzzer sounds, as always, hoping and having faith for the W. However I think unless there are some serious changes in our game plan, we loose this one BIG. They have us figured out now, of course it didn't long. I will agree that the players did not come out as fired up last night as I was hoping to see, and mistakes were made. But I blame alot of it on the coaching staff and poor play calling. I have supported the team and even defended the coaches all year, but last night I saw true colors of the coaches. Our boys, esp the Seniors deserve better than that!! I will always support the players, but these coaches have lost my support and respect. I saw them make poor play calling decisions then yell at the boys because of the poor outcome! No wonder these boys are divided and don't present themselves as a team, seems like they are coached to be that way, just saying! With that being said, make the short drive to MC and support these boys, as it appears it is up to the fans to stand behind these boys, if the coaches are not going to!! Now, what does it take to get Coach O back in the black and gold??

Amen.Might get him back in black and gold if we get a jumbo tron too.Coach O is a class guy.

Preach on! execute, execute, execute! Couldnt agree more, I will call names......Cam!

@catfan68 this is a big No No. Don't call the kids out. At the end of the day they are still kids, and we are just fans. We probably couldn't go out their and perform at the level the kids play at. Marshall didn't play a perfect game either, so we can throw that out the door. Walker was contained for the first half and broke a lot of arm tackles in the second half. Pure heart. MC will have to work on blocking. It was cold and our passing game was off. That will be fixed. Series is tied at 26-26. Winner takes the bragging rights and continues on.

Fun fact : Chris told me this morning that a win next Friday night will give him an even record against GC football. ( I kinda poke fun at him being that we never lost to giles in my 4years at MC) motivation at its finest. Go Blue!!!

I think the guys thought they were ready doing that silly stuff during pregame (lucky we didn't get flagged). The problem is any opponent is not going to be intimidated by a bunch of guys talking trash when they know we've only won four games.

Next Friday let's save our energy to block, tackle, and RUN after the guy with the ball! I still say GC has more talent on the field. Walker is the best one but the next ten are in black and gold.

Most everyone knows that the majority of the GC coaching staff needed to be kicked to the curb weeks ago. Coach Blair, Haslip and Barger seem to care more and try, but if your head coach can't call but six plays it is time to go further. He has so much more talent on the sidelines that he will not play but his select few. Not going to call no names, but if their butt can't try on that field sit him out. You got a sideline that takes beatings almost all week, but never see the field. We have been down by to many points not to get a chance to prove what you can do. One poster commented to put Doc here and Cam there. Don't get me wrong they are good athletes. I hope Cameron steps up Friday night because he was playing lazy. I know he can't play all the positions, but Lucas plays with heart and he will get the job done wherever you put him. Boone has a Heart of Gold. I would love to see Osteen and Shirey back at GC, but the rest can stay far South as possible. Young men your fans will pack the stands this coming Friday night. Whichever way it ends Friday night, you young men will always have your fans support. GOOD LUCK BOBCATS!

Most everyone knows that the majority of the GC coaching staff needed to be kicked to the curb weeks ago. Coach Blair, Haslip and Barger seem to care more and try, but if your head coach can't call but six plays it is time to go further. He has so much more talent on the sidelines that he will not play but his select few. Not going to call no names, but if their butt can't try on that field sit him out. You got a sideline that takes beatings almost all week, but never see the field. We have been down by to many points not to get a chance to prove what you can do. One poster commented to put Doc here and Cam there. Don't get me wrong they are good athletes. I hope Cameron steps up Friday night because he was playing lazy. I know he can't play all the positions, but Lucas plays with heart and he will get the job done wherever you put him. Boone has a Heart of Gold. I would love to see Osteen and Shirey back at GC, but the rest can stay far South as possible. Young men your fans will pack the stands this coming Friday night. Whichever way it ends Friday night, you young men will always have your fans support. GOOD LUCK BOBCATS!

Out of the three coaches you just mentioned Barger is the best coach you mentioned. Blair is special teams coach, do I need to say more. I mean did it really take 4 games before you adjust for the onside kick? Barger fits with this system, he is firey and wants the guys to be conditioned and wants depth. The other two need to stick to teaching or whatever, anybody can put on a headset and run around holding up fake hand signals or whatever it is these two call theirself doing.I forgot to mention Jennings, great coach same mentallity as Barger. Blair and Haislip need to do whatever they have been doing and thats not coaching at GCHS.

@catfan68 this is a big No No. Don't call the kids out. At the end of the day they are still kids, and we are just fans. We probably couldn't go out their and perform at the level the kids play at. Marshall didn't play a perfect game either, so we can throw that out the door. Walker was contained for the first half and broke a lot of arm tackles in the second half. Pure heart. MC will have to work on blocking. It was cold and our passing game was off. That will be fixed. Series is tied at 26-26. Winner takes the bragging rights and continues on.

Fun fact : Chris told me this morning that a win next Friday night will give him an even record against GC football. ( I kinda poke fun at him being that we never lost to giles in my 4years at MC) motivation at its finest. Go Blue!!!

I know I know, the kid is a great athelete and has wasted this year because he is allowed to whatever he wants by this staff.and it has shown. Maybe somebody might put one last spark in him. I know thats not the way to do it, you are correct, It was in poor taste. Good luck Tiger, this is probably going to be one heck of a game. Our guys will prepare themselves. Good luck.

Ok newby most Bobcat fans dont care about crap like that either, bottom line is as we have all year, due to poor coaching all around with great talent, we made stupid mistakes. Dont toot your horn too much, because other than Walker and Howard there is not much difference in our teams. I dont see our Seniors making these mistakes again, be prepared. Good luck to you..we will se you Friday.

Unless something has changed, Walker and Howard are still suiting up Friday night. This is really an irrelevant post.

Some of you Giles Co. fans are not being realistic about your team. If you think MC only has 2 players better than yours, you are delusional. Having seen both teams, I think MC will win by a larger margin this time. Giles does not play hard especially the line. Of course neither are in the same class with CPA. And that is not knocking either team. MC is at least 3 TD's better than anyone else.

Wish the GC county fans would get off the coach's back and accept the fact that you are having a down year. Not always the fault of the coach. Players have to accept responsibility also.