Gallatin at Mount Juliet

MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game breakdown: Everyone knows the game should be close, barring a poor performance from either team.

Passing offense: edge to MJ, I would say Chowbay has a slight edge on Meador. With experience playing the main factor. However I will give the nod to the Gallatin Receiving core, more athletes and speed.

OLine and Dline: the nod goes to Gallatin with overall size superiority. Seems like they are stopping the run much better than MJ this season.

Secondary: Seems to be dead even, MJ has not given up many Passing touchdowns this season, and Gallatin as of late have had injuries heal up and seem to be shutting down pass first oppositions.

Rushing offense: Edge to Gallatin, they have some very successful running backs, MJ does have a number of skilled backs but it's just not translating over on Friday nights. The Oline is the key to success for each team.

Special Teams: nod to MJ, strong leg kicker that shouldn't miss the endzone on kickoffs. Solid punter that can switch field position. Our field goal percentage isn't great, but that can change any week. Gallatin according to Gwave, has an effective kicker, they just haven't needed him much.

Just some rough analysis, but with all this being said the game should be a close one. The only question is will it be a shoutout or a strong defensive performance? Can't wait for Friday night!

Game breakdown: Everyone knows the game should be close, barring a poor performance from either team.

Passing offense: edge to MJ, I would say Chowbay has a slight edge on Meador. With experience playing the main factor. However I will give the nod to the Gallatin Receiving core, more athletes and speed.

OLine and Dline: the nod goes to Gallatin with overall size superiority. Seems like they are stopping the run much better than MJ this season.

Secondary: Seems to be dead even, MJ has not given up many Passing touchdowns this season, and Gallatin as of late have had injuries heal up and seem to be shutting down pass first oppositions.

Rushing offense: Edge to Gallatin, they have some very successful running backs, MJ does have a number of skilled backs but it's just not translating over on Friday nights. The Oline is the key to success for each team.

Special Teams: nod to MJ, strong leg kicker that shouldn't miss the endzone on kickoffs. Solid punter that can switch field position. Our field goal percentage isn't great, but that can change any week. Gallatin according to Gwave, has an effective kicker, they just haven't needed him much.

Just some rough analysis, but with all this being said the game should be a close one. The only question is will it be a shoutout or a strong defensive performance? Can't wait for Friday night!

I would dare say you are right on target with that analysis. I think this game is more of a shoot out. I think both sides will score points. Turn overs are huge in this game. It is only Monday and I can't wait to see this one. Mt Juliet has great facilities, good fan support, good band, and great concessions! All the makings for a good game. Hopefully Gallatin can get a few of the injured back this week and make a game of it.

This is such a great rivalry; I hope they can continue playing. Always great sportsmanship and great fans at both fields.

I see this game as a shoot out with the MJ D coming up with a big turnover to seal the game.

Go BEARS !

Would love to see Gallatin win over there! Last time they played over in MJ it was ugly. MJ beat the Wave like a drum. Thing is I never saw it coming.

Some misleading info about the MJ defense. The Bears have given up over 300 yards rushing the last 3 games ( Centennial. Beech , Hendersonville ). With that being said; what is hurting the Bears are the big runs. Players are in position to make the plays; they just need to finish. A good example of this are the two long runs that Centennial had. The first one should have been no more than a 3 yard gain and the back wasn't wrapped up. The second should have been a 4 yard loss; again just not wrapped up. Give the backs credit for breaking these. Same with Beech game and H'ville. Commando back had over 200 yards on 4 carries. Again; give that young man credit for those great runs.

Take the big runs away and they are actually playing pretty good. No body is busting through a hole and going untouched. Tackles are just being missed. I am not saying these teams would not have scored; but it is much tougher to drive the ball. There are opportunities for turnovers and penalties to kill the drive; especially the way MJ has been able to force turnovers.

This can all be corrected and fixed. The Bears are very close to being a very good team. They scrimmaged a very good Hillsboro team early this summer and the longest run the Boros had was 12 yards. Oakland didn't even have long runs for scores against the Bears in their scrimmage until after starters were out for both teams.

I think the Bears D plays their best game of the year Friday night.

Let's Go Bears !

Some misleading info about the MJ defense. The Bears have given up over 300 yards rushing the last 3 games ( Centennial. Beech , Hendersonville ). With that being said; what is hurting the Bears are the big runs. Players are in position to make the plays; they just need to finish. A good example of this are the two long runs that Centennial had. The first one should have been no more than a 3 yard gain and the back wasn't wrapped up. The second should have been a 4 yard loss; again just not wrapped up. Give the backs credit for breaking these. Same with Beech game and H'ville. Commando back had over 200 yards on 4 carries. Again; give that young man credit for those great runs.

Take the big runs away and they are actually playing pretty good. No body is busting through a hole and going untouched. Tackles are just being missed. I am not saying these teams would not have scored; but it is much tougher to drive the ball. There are opportunities for turnovers and penalties to kill the drive; especially the way MJ has been able to force turnovers.

This can all be corrected and fixed. The Bears are very close to being a very good team. They scrimmaged a very good Hillsboro team early this summer and the longest run the Boros had was 12 yards. Oakland didn't even have long runs for scores against the Bears in their scrimmage until after starters were out for both teams.

I think the Bears D plays their best game of the year Friday night.

Let's Go Bears !

Not sure what to make of the beginning of your post. If Gallatin had not given up some long runs against Beech and Hendersonville then I guess they look better as well. Players were in position but did not finish the play. Either way, Gallatin refocused on this problem and made some changes and are doing much better on defense.

Not sure what to make of the beginning of your post. If Gallatin had not given up some long runs against Beech and Hendersonville then I guess they look better as well. Players were in position but did not finish the play. Either way, Gallatin refocused on this problem and made some changes and are doing much better on defense.

Sounds like the Bears have really been working on this problem. Hopefully they are refocused and will play much better. The Wave have a lot of talent in the backfield and MJ wont be able to just focus on stopping the run. The front seven for the MJ D will be key.

Sounds like the Bears have really been working on this problem. Hopefully they are refocused and will play much better. The Wave have a lot of talent in the backfield and MJ wont be able to just focus on stopping the run. The front seven for the MJ D will be key.

Since you live in Ky will you make this game?

Missed tackles have hurt us, but that's just an excuse to me. It's taking the easy way out. We got hammered 3 teams so far, and I don't really think missed tackles would have salvaged much, due to our offense not clicking during any of those 3 games. With that being said we are back to playing "winnable" games....which is a relief, quite honestly I just want to see MJ give Gallatin all they can handle and then some. Also nothing like playing a rivalry game that dates back so far.