GCA visits Rockwood!

Raven52

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No team in quad 1 can come within 21 of Marion County. I'm no Marion fan, but Just saying. As for the playoff question with teams being ineligible. Refer to page 2 section 3 part D. I believe this answers your question. Teams from that district will be moved up accordingly. Sorry OldEagle

http://tssaa.org/football-regulations-test/

Edited by TheAmbassador

No team in quad 1 can come within 21 of Marion County. I'm no Marion fan, but Just saying. As for the playoff question with teams being ineligible. Refer to page 2 section 3 part D. I believe this answers your question. Teams from that district will be moved up accordingly. Sorry OldEaglehttp://tssaa.org/football-regulations-test/

I really dont think Marion is as good as you think they are,they play a really weak schedule.

I hadn't heard about the probation teams out west. I try to steer clear of that word when I see it coming.

That would make my Quad 1 post inaccurate. If Cosby gets in, Boyd would bump over to Quad 2. Again, I was just going by record and didn't realize they had teams on the spreadsheet that were banned from the playoffs. They will take the top 24 teams in 2A that are eligible, regardless of district affiliation.

D. Teams shall qualify for the play-offs by finishing 1st or 2nd in their district/region or by placing high enough in the state wide standings for their classification based on a set criterion.

If the 1st place team in the district is under disciplinary action from TSSAA and, as a result, is not eligible for the play-offs then the 2nd place team shall be moved up to 1st place and the 3rd place team shall be moved up to 2ndplace. If the 2nd place team in the district is under disciplinary action from TSSAA and, as a result, is not eligible for the play-offs then the 3rd place team shall be moved up to 2nd place

Bass.....I'm think you've still got a little S. Pitt complex in thinking your the expert here.  Don't kid yourself.....several of these teams in this quad are highly qualified to take on Marion.  Everyone isn't on S. Pitt's level this year.  Oneida has one of the stingiest scoring defenses in the state in all classes.  Rockwood picked up a transfer that looks very good.

kaz

Bass.....I'm think you've still got a little S. Pitt complex in thinking your the expert here.  Don't kid yourself.....several of these teams in this quad are highly qualified to take on Marion.  Everyone isn't on S. Pitt's level this year.  Oneida has one of the stingiest scoring defenses in the state in all classes.  Rockwood picked up a transfer that looks very good.

kaz

never mind him   :lol: 

D. Teams shall qualify for the play-offs by finishing 1st or 2nd in their district/region or by placing high enough in the state wide standings for their classification based on a set criterion.

If the 1st place team in the district is under disciplinary action from TSSAA and, as a result, is not eligible for the play-offs then the 2nd place team shall be moved up to 1st place and the 3rd place team shall be moved up to 2ndplace. If the 2nd place team in the district is under disciplinary action from TSSAA and, as a result, is not eligible for the play-offs then the 3rd place team shall be moved up to 2nd place

That's what I said. The top 24 teams qualify regardless of district affiliation. The playoff seeding takes the top 2 teams from each district, then fills in the rest with wild card teams. The point was made that the spots would be given to another district team if one from that district is declared ineligible. That's not accurate. If a team qualified from District X as a wild card, TSSAA won't bump another team into that spot from the same district. It will go to the next qualifying Wild Card team.

That's what I said. The top 24 teams qualify regardless of district affiliation. The playoff seeding takes the top 2 teams from each district, then fills in the rest with wild card teams. The point was made that the spots would be given to another district team if one from that district is declared ineligible. That's not accurate. If a team qualified from District X as a wild card, TSSAA won't bump another team into that spot from the same district. It will go to the next qualifying Wild Card team.

They're showing North Greene as an automatic qualifier

http://football.tssaa.org/reports/detailrecords.cfm?schoolid=362

How's that make quad 1 look now if they are?

No team in quad 1 can come within 21 of Marion County. I'm no Marion fan, but Just saying. As for the playoff question with teams being ineligible. Refer to page 2 section 3 part D. I believe this answers your question. Teams from that district will be moved up accordingly. Sorry OldEagle

http://tssaa.org/football-regulations-test/

BULL!

Come on and join us Old E......this quad is going to make your head hurt....! :blush:  Not a single free pass in the line-up, unless Oneida and Hampton give up their bye (which is looking better than it was, by the way)  You know......let everybody else punch each other for a round.

Kaz :thumb:

We are playing well right now..won 4 of our last 6.  Not saying we could win a game in this quad cause it looks rough no joke! but I feel we definitely deserve a playoff spot. especially with 2 more spots opening up. If that garbage I seen about N.G. getting an AQ is true that's just WRONG!! We had the same region record as them at 4-2 and beat them head to head