Cookeville @ LaVergne

oldfan41

I don't know what will happen in the playoffs or next year. All I know that Friday night our boys were shaken at the start of the game as one of their peers left in an ambulance. One TE out, the other gets injured and it slowed our Offense. Excuse maybe. It threw a wrench in the system. If you replace a 6'6 260 pounder with a 6'2 205 pounder blocking on the edge it makes a difference. You claim to know so much about Cookeville, then you know that the TE is a big part of the running game. The back-up did well, but he was playing injured and both ways. Then didn't play for a spell. It had an impact on the game. How much, we will never know.

You two Upperman homers can slam Cookeville all you want. I have watched games for years. I have watch Cookeville for years. This team isn't Blackman and Oakland. I know that. Riverdale and Siegel are the next tier. Then you have Smyrna and Lavergne. Then Stewarts Creek. Where Cookeville falls, who knows. I think in the middle (wrong or right).

UCM, I think you should go see Coach Maynord and help him with the schedule. You are very obsessed with what he does and who he schedules. I

Lets look at the big picture here, when someone is forced into a defensive excuse of this nature, you know that person is on the brink of admitting defeat. Cookeville is not a bad team, but they are a mere form of Stewarts Creek if you throw them into Rutherford County. Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookeville has played good competition up until the last two years. The one who did the scheduling for these last two years did a bad job. Coach Maynord inherited this schedule and team. It will look different in year to come. That of course depends on the district Cookeville gets put in.

9AAA is a good region. Ask Gallatin how Cookeville was early on!!

Far cry from where they are now.

A down 9-AAA could still have our top 4 teams beat Cookeville. You're avoiding the facts.... Cookeville plays weak opposition and thus pays for it when they actually play anyone with talent....

You Wilson County folks sure do struggle with the difference between opinion and fact. Saying that the top 4 in 9-AAA could beat Cookeville is opinion. I'm not avoiding facts because there is nothing to support that. Saying that 9-AAA is not as good as the Rutherford County district is fact. Why? Because Hendersonville, Wilson Central, and Beech all have lost to those in that district. That's fact. Pretty simple concept. :P

Hopefully, it can work out where Cookeville can host one of those powerhouse 9-AAA teams in the playoffs. That would be fun. :mrgreen:

You Wilson County folks sure do struggle with the difference between opinion and fact. Saying that the top 4 in 9-AAA could beat Cookeville is opinion. I'm not avoiding facts because there is nothing to support that. Saying that 9-AAA is not as good as the Rutherford County district is fact. Why? Because Hendersonville, Wilson Central, and Beech all have lost to those in that district. That's fact. Pretty simple concept. :P

Hopefully, it can work out where Cookeville can host one of those powerhouse 9-AAA teams in the playoffs. That would be fun. :mrgreen:

Wow talk about a narcissistic post.... I cant even reply to someone who accuses me of being wrong, and thinks so highly of what they have to say. Also Cookeville has played a weak schedule FACT,,,,, Cookeville lost to a par Lavergne team quite handily FACT We can play this game however long you want. Eventually you will get the point.

7aaa> 9aaa most years even though the 7aaa has the better atmosphere on game day. I followed Mt Juliet around 2 years ago and was one of my favorite places to watch a game. I live in Rutherford Co now and watch a lot of football in this area...its just not the same. Cookeville would finish no better than fourth in any of these districts.This is the second year in a row they have lost to a below average Lavrgne team.

I only have one point in this conversation. I can't speak for all of 9-AAA but as for Gallatin, they have proved over a long period of time that they can compete with Cookeville and various teams from Rutherford Co. That is just the facts, they don't always win but they sure don't always lose. Look it up!!

I only have one point in this conversation. I can't speak for all of 9-AAA but as for Gallatin, they have proved over a long period of time that they can compete with Cookeville and various teams from Rutherford Co. That is just the facts, they don't always win but they sure don't always lose. Look it up!!

I did look it up GWave1. Facts are facts. Dating back to 1962, Gallatin has an overall record of 57-26-1 against every combined 7AAA team. Many of those wins may have been from a while back, but the record was still completely even dating back to recent pretty recent times. Edited by thegreatone36

Wow talk about a narcissistic post.... I cant even reply to someone who accuses me of being wrong, and thinks so highly of what they have to say. Also Cookeville has played a weak schedule FACT,,,,, Cookeville lost to a par Lavergne team quite handily FACT We can play this game however long you want. Eventually you will get the point.

I'll get the point?  :huh: Seems as though you are the one learning in this thread. I'm just glad that you can now differentiate between fact and opinion. As to those facts you presented, I have not once avoided those in this thread.

My argument with you is that you try to boast like 9-AAA is on par with Rutherford county by saying "welcome to real Middle Tennessee football" in a thread that has nothing to do with Mount Juliet or 9-AAA. When you look at the scores from this season, that statement is most definitely false.

As I said before, maybe one of those 9-AAA teams could travel to Cookeville in the playoffs. That'd be interesting. :popcorneater:

Just talking about the only interaction that Cookeville has had with a 9AAA team.  That team seems to have done pretty well as the season has gone.  

We will compare 7AAA and 9AAA in the playoffs and see who does what.  We will also see how Cookeville does.

I'm not saying that Cookeville is quaterfinal/semifinal material, but I'm not saying that are the sisters of the poor either.   They are better than Cookeville has been since 2005.  I think that they will continue to get better as long as Coach Maynord is there.  

UCM all your posts are about Upperman.  Pro Upperman!!!!  You want to jump on the LA bandwagon, and bash Cookeville.  You are a Cookeville Hater.  All these other guys can have their opinion based on the Lavergne game, but yours is hate. 

Gallatin is a historic program.  I will give you that.  I have been to many major Gallatin playoff/championship games.  That luster has been lost a little in the last decade.  In my opinion.

Edited by Reilavac1

Just talking about the only interaction that Cookeville has had with a 9AAA team. That team seems to have done pretty well as the season has gone.

We will compare 7AAA and 9AAA in the playoffs and see who does what. We will also see how Cookeville does.

I'm not saying that Cookeville is quaterfinal/semifinal material, but I'm not saying that are the sisters of the poor either. They are better than Cookeville has been since 2005. I think that they will continue to get better as long as Coach Maynord is there.

UCM all your posts are about Upperman. Pro Upperman!!!! You want to jump on the LA bandwagon, and bash Cookeville. You are a Cookeville Hater. All these other guys can have their opinion based on the Lavergne game, but yours is hate.

Gallatin is a historic program. I will give you that. I have been to many major Gallatin playoff/championship games. That luster has been lost a little in the last decade. In my opinion.

Its headed back up. It takes time.