Heard from Maryville or Alcoa, TSSAA?

FridayMainEvent

So now it is looking more and more like Maryville is going to stay in 5A, very interesting. I thought the whole reason the TSSAA was allowing teams to move into the Super 32 was soley because of Maryville. Now it looks like this whole mess of trying to figure everything out was for nothing, atleast as far as the Super 32 in concerned. Interesting that Maryville and the great George Quarles don't want to play the biggest and the best in the state. I guess nothing is set in stone yet, but looks like they are staying in 5A.

It's not that they don't want to play them, it's just that they would have to go to Cookeville and Kingsport every other year for region games.

Not so fast my friend, they still might play up. GQ is keeping it very quiet. He won't tell anybody until he has told TSSAA.

GQ knows that there are other 5A teams in the area that want to do the opposite of what Murvil does. If they stay 5, a couple other teams would move up, if they move up the others will stay 5. So, he wants those teams to make their own decision and not have it based on what Murvil does. It's like a poker game right now and GQ holds all the chips and has his cards very close to the vest. I don't blame him one bit.

Edited by OakRidgeKat

Guys to be honest, I think 5A is deeper and more talented across the board in the new plan than 6A. That may be a factor. When you look at teams like Henry co, hendersonville, west, hillsboro, plus the array of solid teams year in and year out I think 5A is deeper and better across the board. Outside of oakland, blackman, and whitehaven 6A just doesn't have much parity in it. 

So now it is looking more and more like Maryville is going to stay in 5A, very interesting. I thought the whole reason the TSSAA was allowing teams to move into the Super 32 was soley because of Maryville. Now it looks like this whole mess of trying to figure everything out was for nothing, atleast as far as the Super 32 in concerned. Interesting that Maryville and the great George Quarles don't want to play the biggest and the best in the state. I guess nothing is set in stone yet, but looks like they are staying in 5A.

So this debacle of a plan is Maryville's fault, and before any decision is announced you are branding them? After hearing it for years while in 4A and more than proving it at the highest level? Really? If the TSSAA was so concerned about Maryville being in the highest level they would not have concocted this ridiculous plan to begin with. 

Yep, take the shots your team has not been able to do. 

Maryville Fulton is a game a lot of people want to see. Good test for both schools. Really hope maryville keeps on the.schedule tho

Agree I think it would have been better this year as I think we will fall off a little next year unlike Maryville who just reloads seemingly without missing a beat... GQ is the best head coach of all time in tennessee football history IMO... I really do hope we get this game scheduled though so the IFL will be out of it...

Lett me ennerjeck hear....

1. Eye down't thaink "tha grait George Quarles" haz dunn ennythang yet

2. wb85 if'un rw87 wuz att W-B laist Fridee nite eye'll bet she's gott a mad-on beecaws she wuz tha onleest purson thair

c. sx if'un we do moove upp eye mite look att puttin' a good flat bed onn Nellie and fer a nominull fee add inn a lawn cheer fer road trips

4. Admirrull Dewd weal sea ewe necks weak......

e. Wif cold weethur comin' on eye've ben werkin' on Nellie Belle's heeter controlls.....Eye thaink eye've got hit ficksed....  :popcorneater:

redneck_car_heating.jpg

Edited by STARSNBARS

What Benard and the TSSAA should have done is offered the D2 school the opportunity to play in the 32 team division for football.

People may or may not like Benard but one thing that he has done is get the TSSAA back on a more sound financial footing. The TSSAA was broke/busted/insolvent when Benard took over the association and while they are not flush with cash they are moving in the right direction.

Here is another angle to consider. Maryville takes their Freshman and JV games very seriously. It's their opportunity to teach and coach the future Rebs in a game setting and not just practice. If they do remain in 6A they will lose Freshman and JV games. Very few if any that are not local are not going to travel on a Monday from Kingsport, JC and Chatt for a Monday JV and Freshman game. It's difficult enough as it is to get games with the locals, especially JV games.

Just something else that will go into the final decision.....continue on.

• Upvote 1

Agree I think it would have been better this year as I think we will fall off a little next year unlike Maryville who just reloads seemingly without missing a beat... GQ is the best head coach of all time in tennessee football history IMO... I really do hope we get this game scheduled though so the IFL will be out of it...

I don't know fhs. Y'all was to be down some this year, but from what little I've seen, the falcons might be better this year than last. GQ might be the best, but you guys have a really good coach too. Should be a good game. I do wish it could of happened this year tho

I don't know fhs. Y'all was to be down some this year, but from what little I've seen, the falcons might be better this year than last. GQ might be the best, but you guys have a really good coach too. Should be a good game. I do wish it could of happened this year tho

No doubt I wouldn't trade coach Rob Black for anybody he turned down many jobs just to wait his turn to be the fulton head coach... He bleeds fulton and I trust him to get our boys ready to play against anybody and I would love to make maryville an annual game that can only help us...