Smith County @ Macon County

Hsfootballnut

Guest Termite

Our boys played hard tonight. They just aint where they need to be. Ball inside the 10 multiple times tonight and couldnt cash it in. 6 yards out on 1st and goal idk why you pass 4 times. There was plenty of time left and we had time outs. Someone who knows the X's and O's better than me could prolly explain it. But me. Im confused on it. I felt like our guys gave good effort tonight. Fun game to watch.

I agree Nut. You have to try to run to keep the defense just a little bit honest. Throwing works a little better if you have time to throw instead of running for your life..MC was pinning their ears back and coming hard, Somebody mentioned leadership earlier. Personally, I see 1 leader for SC ,#10 is 1 tough kid. There was a couple of times I thought he was done, but kept getting back up. I don't think anybody quit tonight.   

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Nut. You have to try to run to keep the defense just a little bit honest. Throwing works a little better if you have time to throw instead of running for your life..MC was pinning their ears back and coming hard, Somebody mentioned leadership earlier. Personally, I see 1 leader for SC ,#10 is 1 tough kid. There was a couple of times I thought he was done, but kept getting back up. I don't think anybody quit tonight.

#10 impressed me a lot tonight. You know. At the skilled positions i think we are good. Our line really needs a lot of work. Poor Dillon aint got time to do squat. Seen a lot of promise from some younger players too. Idk who we got comin up on the line but we better address that hard this offseason.

Guest Termite

#10 for Smith is a good qb.

Yea. I wonder how good he could be playing standing up, instead of on his back.  Or every time the ball is snapped, it's like a starting gun for a track runner.

As bad as it has been for SC, they could beat DC and knock them out of the playoffs. Could get the bad taste out of their mouths, can gain something positive heading into next year. Don't see it happening, but always a possibility.

DC should probably win this game, but I'm not counting it as a win until the clock hits 0 and we're leading.

Id love it if we could go up there and ruin a pre playoff party. Confirmed last game of the season for the owls. Nothin to lose. All the ingredients for one hail of a spoiler. Smith Co haters enjoy it while it lasts. Future looks bright for SC with lots of starters returning next year. Go Big Owls!!

I hear they are still in search of Uncle Jimmy's box full of Voodoo dolls.