South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

Just my opinion TTP, but we can see that you don't like it for sure. I saw nothing that impressd me that much about Jasper the other night. They played a team that is not very good in SP. Punishment?? That is laughable. Jasper has not played a good team all year.....the only one they played with some athletes beat them. 1A and 2A are weak this year so Jasper has a good chance of making it to State but those West teams have stepped it up a notch since the 90s.

You are in the minority on this statement trust me. I've never said they are world beaters but this is a good team. If you cant admit it that's fine. You just show your football IQ. A hoss at rb with a couple more that are above average. QB has come a long way. If the wind hadn't been blowing so bad you would have seen more passing. Didn't really need it but could have. Kicker puts em in the end zone and has hit from over 40. Punter averages 44 a game (you didn't get to see that since we never punted). A 2A team with an offense and defense like this coupled with a great special teams will go far. sp is down this year but putting 41 on sp in the first half and then pulling the starters. Ross could have scored 80.

Edited by PurplePower68

You are in the minority on this statement trust me. I've never said they are world beaters but this is a good team. If you cant admit it that's fine. You just show your football IQ. A hoss at rb with a couple more that are above average. QB has come a long way. If the wind hadn't been blowing so bad you would have seen more passing. Didn't really need it but could have. Kicker puts em in the end zone and has hit from over 40. Punter averages 44 a game (you didn't get to see that since we never punted). A 2A team with an offense and defense like this coupled with a great special teams will go far. sp is down this year but putting 41 on sp in the first half and then pulling the starters. Ross could have scored 80.

PP68, tell me one good team they have played all year?  You look good against inferior talent which they have played all year.  Zemen is a good runningback no doubt but take him off this team and they become very average at best.  I am well versed in football but I don't need you or anyone else from Jasper to tell me whether I know football or not. 

I'm amazed this thread is still active....but, then, it's Jasper/SP.  Yes, Zeman is a good kid.  Yesterday was his 19th birthday, so I guess it's not right to call him a kid...he's a man.  I sent him a little birthday note, and he wrote me back which is more than most people do.  But I agree with Uncle...take Zeman out of the picture and you've got an average team, especially on defense.  Jasper could hold their own offensively without Zeman, but they would really miss him defensively. And give Jasper a schedule as unbalanced as ours and they'd have a similar record.  But, again, I hope Jasper goes all the way...but I just don't see it.

Just my opinion TTP, but we can see that you don't like it for sure. I saw nothing that impressd me that much about Jasper the other night. They played a team that is not very good in SP. Punishment?? That is laughable. Jasper has not played a good team all year.....the only one they played with some athletes beat them. 1A and 2A are weak this year so Jasper has a good chance of making it to State but those West teams have stepped it up a notch since the 90s.

That's fine that you didn't see anything that impressed you. I guess if you think they aren't very good then that's your opinion, they only have to be as good as the team that lines up across from them on Fridays. It sure looked like punishment to me, did you not see the sp kids running from him in the second qtr. they were finished trying to tackle him. Stepped it up from the nineties..........lol, teams were way better then when it wasn't watered down so much, how do you think so has gotten to so many title games lately?

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

I'm amazed this thread is still active....but, then, it's Jasper/SP. Yes, Zeman is a good kid. Yesterday was his 19th birthday, so I guess it's not right to call him a kid...he's a man. I sent him a little birthday note, and he wrote me back which is more than most people do. But I agree with Uncle...take Zeman out of the picture and you've got an average team, especially on defense. Jasper could hold their own offensively without Zeman, but they would really miss him defensively. And give Jasper a schedule as unbalanced as ours and they'd have a similar record. But, again, I hope Jasper goes all the way...but I just don't see it.

Wow, so there is the secret to why he ran all over sp, because he was older......that's a pitiful attempt to slam a kid. I guess you will see how they do next year with a tough schedule and no Zeman. No doubt they would and will miss him but for someone to say that's is all mc has is ridiculous. I am not sure that mc goes all the way either, but give us your schedule and we have the same record that we have now probably. Boyd, Polk wouldn't beat us, that leaves either bell or hixson for us to slip up against. Mc just hung 41 in the first half against a sp team that haven't given up that much in a game. Could have very easily scored well in the sixties on a team that was missing two starters. Oh yeah, we lost two early in the game as well. Guess those two are good for forty points? Good luck the rest of the year, don't worry, you won't play anyone else like Marion in the east.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

Why are we still arguing about this? Marion has a good team this season. Have they played any good teams? Not really, except for an average 4A Central team. Is SP bad? Yes, we are pretty bad. Is Marion great? No, they aren't great. Do you have to be great this year to win a 2A title? No, you don't. Have we always been great when we reached Cookeville? Ummmm, no. Past doesn't matter. All that matters is that they are the best in their classification for a particular year.

• Upvote 1

The Warriors have a very good, well coached team, with everything working right now.  Hope both injured individuals heal quickly.  Just keep winning and the team is validated.  RE all these opinions on Zeman's worth to the team; no team can lose an impact player like him and be unaffected.  That said, from friends and co workers famaliar with the program, they still have some good years coming up.  I believe Ross / team will be just fine next season.  Good luck in upcoming games.   

My goodness.  Can you people not read??  I in no way tried to slam Zeman.  I went out of my way to point out he's a great guy.  How in the world could you interpret saying he's a man as a slam.  And I didn't say "our schedule".  I said a schedule as unbalanced as ours....meaning you guys having to play some teams way better than you.  Learn to read.

• Upvote 1

That's fine that you didn't see anything that impressed you. I guess if you think they aren't very good then that's your opinion, they only have to be as good as the team that lines up across from them on Fridays. It sure looked like punishment to me, did you not see the sp kids running from him in the second qtr. they were finished trying to tackle him. Stepped it up from the nineties..........lol, teams were way better then when it wasn't watered down so much, how do you think so has gotten to so many title games lately?

So I guess the last 7-8 years, SP has had just average teams because they made it to the state game several times?  That is another laughable statement from someone that never played football.  I can guarantee you that SP has played some quality 1A teams in those playoff runs....better than what the Warriors will see this year.  If you play Trousdale County, it definitely won't be the beast of a team the Pirates have seen in the past.  They have a great coach and their team will play hard though.

I agree it has been watered down, but the teams that have made it to the State were good teams and would have had a good chance of making it to the state in the old system.

I am sure Jasper is just glad they don't have Alcoa waiting on them later in the playoffs.